The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 February 2010, 01:38 PM   #61
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Hey John and all TRF members,
Like Wintermutt, born and raised in Vancouver. Turned 60 last year, and with that birthday came my first Rolex, a Milgauss. This week, Monday to be exact, I got an Explorer, and it has not left my wrist since. I absolutely this watch! It just sits on my wrist in a quiet and understated way, with the majority of folks not having a clue - nor caring - what kind of watch it is. Hey, if it was good enough for Ian Fleming to have as the sole watch on his wrist all of his life, then why shouldn't it be good enough for me?
I live in East Vancouver, in the Commercial Drive area. I am very fortunate to be able to walk to work, where I work in a smaller print shop, with a few of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my entire life. I spend most of my leisure time around here, a favourite bar/pub, a couple of great restaurants, a great cafe, a few wonderful friends and family, and I am a very happy guy. Very simple lifestyle. Kind of like the one I had when I lived in Europe for 7 years, so many years ago.
This forum is also a very happy place for me! Thank You ALL so very, very much!
Cheers ,
Carl

Monday, Feb.1, 2010. One of the happiest of my life: My new Explorer
Old 6 February 2010, 01:55 PM   #62
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Like Wintermutt, born and raised in Vancouver. Turned 60 last year, and with that birthday came my first Rolex, a Milgauss. This week, Monday to be exact, I got an Explorer, and it has not left my wrist since. I absolutely this watch! It just sits on my wrist in a quiet and understated way, with the majority of folks not having a clue - nor caring - what kind of watch it is. Hey, if it was good enough for Ian Fleming to have as the sole watch on his wrist all of his life, then why shouldn't it be good enough for me?
I live in East Vancouver, in the Commercial Drive area. I am very fortunate to be able to walk to work, where I work in a smaller print shop, with a few of the most wonderful people I have ever met in my entire life. I spend most of my leisure time around here, a favourite bar/pub, a couple of great restaurants, a great cafe, a few wonderful friends and family, and I am a very happy guy. Very simple lifestyle. Kind of like the one I had when I lived in Europe for 7 years, so many years ago.
Cheers ,
Carl

Monday, Feb.1, 2010. One of the happiest of my life: My new Explorer
Very nice post Carl!!

You just made me want to add to the thread.....
I was born and raised in Sydney Australia until the ripe old age of 22...Then decided to go on an adventure to Canada for a work/holiday!! Long story short,ran into my now wife and have lived in Northern Alberta ever since(16 years)...We live in a small town north of Edmonton that is full of opportunities and great people!! We have now made a fruitful life here and loving being alive.......
I have,through good fortune,managed to aquire 5 Rolex watches(and 1 for the wife) over a short 4 years of Rolex addiction...My collection is in my avatar!!!!
I enjoy fast cars,diving,watches and love to travel...
I haven't been here long but already feel like one of the TRF family.......
Rob.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2010, 03:39 PM   #63
steveseiko

Watch: DSSD & PO 45.5
Hi Guys, I'm Steve from Brampton,ON. I own a automotive service shop that deals with mostly electrical troubleshooting/repair. Love fast cars and own/race a 8 second drag car that competes in OSCA. I became interested in mechanical watches about 5 years ago and currently my Rolex's are DSSD & GMT-C. I'll turn 43 this year and feel like I spend way too much time working. Thank goodness there is TRF to help chill out.
steveseiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2010, 08:42 PM   #64
CWL

Watch: ExpIⅈSub;DJ
I'm Chee. I used to live in Vancouver, BC and Brooks, AB. I'm now living in Hong Kong. I'm a chartered accountant working in risk management. My collection of Rolex watches are Explorer (my favourite by far ), Explorer II Black and a recent addition of Explorer II White.
CWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2010, 09:22 PM   #65
mmmmp
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Wimbledon DJ41
I'm Mark and l'm from Toronto. I work as a motion picture Colorist. I own a 16610 Sub.
mmmmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2010, 12:51 AM   #66
turillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Omega,
Good thread! I'm Sal. Grew up in Toronto, raised in Brampton and now living in Woodbridge Ontario. I've loved watches since I was a kid.

I own a Tag GC 17RS Chrono. B&R Heritage (up for trade) and just sold my PAM 164 and Zenth XXL Chronomaster.

Ciao!
turillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 10:29 AM   #67
drjack
"TRF" Member

Hey People
My name is Jack and I'm a Radiologist in Ottawa. Still wearing my 16000 DJ that I bought when I graduated from Med school 35 years ago. Looking for an Explorer 1 or Sea Dweller. Oh I drive a Porsche during our 2 weeks of summer
J
drjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 12:19 PM   #68
Prince Tudor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
Hi my name is Lucas. Born and raised in Toronto now living in Mississauga with my wife and 2 kids.
I work for the government and my other hobby is restoring my Thunderbird SC.
I have an L serial Bluesy, a Tudor TT20013 ( my Tudor collection has gone from 4 to 1), among other watches.
Old 24 February 2010, 12:45 PM   #69
rescue7
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
Cheers ,
Carl

[/I]
Cheers to you Carl, you have a great zest for life.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 03:16 PM   #70
jets
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_colton View Post
Small world, I was born and raised in Woodbridge. Went to Woodbridge Public and Woodbridge High School. This was when it was a village of 2,600. My grandparents owned a dairy farm there, which is now mostly a private golf course. Now it's sprawling, developed, all sub-divisons and strip malls for miles where once there was farm land. Guess that's progress for you.
I have been living in Woodbridge for 27 years now. I also live a couple of clicks from the National Golf Club.

Now that that is out of the way, my name is Mario and run a company in the asphalt industry. I recently became a dad and its a very happy time for my wife and I. I spend too much time in front of computers and drive a big truck. The watches I have are in my sig below in addition to a GMTc I don't know what to do with.

A while ago I started a thread in the regional section wondering if anyone would be interested in a GTG? Could be good!
Seiko SLA033 Willard · SKX007
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2010, 09:05 PM   #71
cy88

Hey everyone, Chris here from Scarborough.

I work at Canadian Tire I.T. ;)

Cheers!
cy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2010, 02:38 AM   #72
Chappy

Watch: ND Sub 14060M cosc
Cheers from Niagara

Hello fellow canucks , My name is Colin and my Rolex is a ND Sub 14060M "Z" and I am a Audio Video Technician
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2010, 04:39 AM   #73
rescue7
Banned

Watch: DSSD
Wow what a great bunch of Canadian Rolex lovers, keep em coming.

Here is a link for the non-Canadian posters explaining Canada to our American neighbours, it's a great piece that makes me be a very proud Canadian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoTJItSPt0
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2010, 07:32 AM   #74
Addisonz123
"TRF" Member

Addison and I live 2 and a half hours north west of toronto on the shore of Lake Huron in a Town Called Port Elgin. I work as an Insurance Broker and I am an aspiring Rolex Owner.
Addisonz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2010, 10:49 AM   #75
acadianl79

Watch: Rolex Deep sea
I'm from Montreal,

Automotive technician, currently own a Sea-dweller Deep Sea .
acadianl79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 08:47 AM   #76
MarJnK

Watch: Deepsea
I don't know how i missed this thread. I'm Mark, a commercial artist who works primarily in the architectural industry, have my own business and work from home. I'm about 40 minutes west of Toronto in the country... surrounded by nature.
MarJnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 10:25 AM   #77
ABChop
"TRF" Member

First off I'd like to say how great i think this forum is....it's a wealth of information. I'm in here daily and learn something new each time.

My name is Scott. I live in central Alberta. I have been rotating to work in the North Sea on offshore drilling rigs for the past 13 yrs. I work 3 weeks on, and 3 off.

I have learned alot on this site and was a "stalker" on here for about 1 1/2 yrs before taking the plunge last week, and buying an M series 16600 SeaDweller.
Love it.
ABChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 10:38 AM   #78
RolexPete32
"TRF" Member

Watch: You know... Rolex
I am Peter. I have a Rolex Sub LV and Rolex Air-king. I live in Halifax, N.S. Used to work as a cook/chef. Now I am working for the goverment apprenticeship program as a training and certification officer.

I love watches and reading about watches and other goodies like nice shoes etc...

I attend business courses in my spare time to help futher my education.
RolexPete32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 12:03 PM   #79
rockyn
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc
Hi, my name is Robyn. I'm originaly from Prince Albert Saskatchewan, but now live on Vacouver Island. I have a GmtIIc, and a Vintage Tudor Precision.
rockyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 12:26 PM   #80
jatco
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116233/79190
Hello ..

[QUOTE=carlhaluss;1628378]Hey John and all TRF members,
Cheers ,
Carl

Hi Carl.. Great write-up. I'll keep my eyes out for ya on Commercial Dr.. which I venture thru periodically....
Good to hear some YVR locals around here...!
jatco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2010, 01:38 PM   #81
Rolex Freak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/GS
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Sandro, I live in Toronto, Ontario and sell real estate for a living as well as invest in real estate for myself. I currently own a stainless steel/platinum yacht-master, two tone daytona and the a panerai 312.
Rolex Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2010, 06:30 AM   #82
hockeyguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona white/DSSD
Hey, I am a downtown Toronto Banker and own GMT II C and an M SS Sub - looking for a Deepsea and/or GMT II Coke/Pepsi next
hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2010, 04:30 PM   #83
Manyoo

Watch: Red Sub
First and foremost, I must confess to "lurking" on the forum for a while. Finally, it's time for me to "dive" (with my submariner) right in...(excuse the PUNishment).

What a great forum? Informative, humourous, and at times high art.

I reside in Toronto, and am a lawyer.

I recently purchased a TT black Sub-C. Love it!!!

Unfortunately, and regrettably, I "flipped" my 16610 as part of the Sub-C purchase. Big mistake. As such, I'm on the hunt for another 16610. Does anyone know of any reputable "grey market" dealers in Toronto? Thanks in advance.

Please advise of any G.T.A. G.T.G.'s.
Manyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2010, 02:08 PM   #84
mpkRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLRO Jubilee
Lived in the US most of my life before moving to Canada few years back..Land of opportunity "Alberta"..Love the pristine natural beauty of Canadian Rockies and prairies, clean air and people. I have two Rolex 16610 and 116710LN.

Long live TRF!!!!!!
mpkRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2010, 03:19 PM   #85
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

Mitch from just outside Winnipeg, aka the peg, aka the winnipeg blue bumblers.....second worst team in the CFL behind Edmonton, geez calgary stamps thrashed them on Labour Day. I wear a GV, have a couple others tucked away somewhere. I work as a real estate developer/business consultant for my fathers company.
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2010, 04:53 PM   #86
Flyjet601
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
CAn ex pats participate????

Formerly of Montreal......packed up the wife and kids and been living in Macau for almost 5 years. Soon to be moving to Hong Kong.
Flying for almost 20 years........
I miss my Montreal Alouettes but I watch them on TSN!

Collection is always evolving.......Rolex mecca in this part of the world.
Glad to see so many Canadians on the forum
Old 8 September 2010, 12:35 AM   #87
jeremyam

Watch: 16610 V
Toronto- wonderful world of Wealth Management, Sub 16610 V-
jeremyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 January 2011, 07:21 PM   #88
duckdown
"TRF" Member

Watch: d a t e j u s t 2
Hey all, checking in, I'm from Brampton Ontario and currently looking for a great place to purchase from in the GTA :)

It will be my first Rolex ever, something I have wanted ever since I was a child

I am in my late 20's :)

Cheers and a happy new year to all!
duckdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2011, 12:12 AM   #89
pb2au
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on day
Hi, I am Sanj from Toronto. I am a lawyer.

I have a vintage 1940's Rolex precision which was passed down from my grandfather. I also have: Sub LV, Seadweller, ss Datejust and Panerai GMT.

This year I am thinking of getting a white Milgauss/GMT Pepsi and/or vintage Rolex from the era of my birth (Nov '67) (if I can find one at a decent price.)

Cheers

Sanj
pb2au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2011, 12:17 AM   #90
pb2au
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on day
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckdown View Post
Hey all, checking in, I'm from Brampton Ontario and currently looking for a great place to purchase from in the GTA :)

It will be my first Rolex ever, something I have wanted ever since I was a child

I am in my late 20's :)

Cheers and a happy new year to all!
Best of luck on your search.

I have found both Damiani Jewellers in Woodbridge and Humbertown Jewellers to be good AD's. If you are looking at the secondary market, you can always go to Van Rijk at Yonge/Eglinton or one of the dealers on this forum. I know from second hand experience that Oscar (Bodybump) has dealt successfully with Canadians. I think there are other good sellers also but don't know anyone who has dealt with them.

Cheers

Sanj
pb2au is offline   Reply With Quote