The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 August 2018, 10:46 AM   #1
ewdi
"TRF" Member

16613 Bezel harder to turn after service

I have a 1991 N 16613 from my father in law, it stopped working, so sent it to rolex service center in japan, came back fully overhauled, but after a while the bezel becomes really hard to turn (i actually use it a lot) and before service it was always easy to turn - I then returned it to RSC again, it got fixed, but after diving with it for a couple times, it becomes hard again to turn, anyone experience this with their old sub?

I feel like sending it in again would just be the same all over again, loose for a couple dive and then hard to turn again.

Thanks in advanced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16613.jpg (127.3 KB, 92 views)
Old 11 August 2018, 11:03 AM   #2
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Could just be a slight build up of debris under the bezel.
Have you tried spraying some cleaner under the bezel and turning it a few times under warm water?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 11:05 AM   #3
ewdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Could just be a slight build up of debris under the bezel.
Have you tried spraying some cleaner under the bezel and turning it a few times under warm water?
Great tip, let me try it out
Old 11 August 2018, 11:14 AM   #4
ewdi
"TRF" Member

Just tried and double check, no build up and pretty clean actually, argh, frustrating lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 16613-2.jpg (65.2 KB, 86 views)
Old 11 August 2018, 11:38 AM   #5
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Take out the flat spring and reinstall the bezel. If it turns freely, there is a problem with the flat spring binding somewhere. Replace it or have a watchmaker look at it.

If after reinstalling the bezel without the flat spring - the bezel still turns hard, the click spring could be bent improperly and is binding. Play with it until it aligns properly with the teeth on the inner part of the bezel. Try it again and see if this helps.

Lastly, inserts are a pain-in-the-ass sometimes and can create binding. If the insert was replaced, the insert might be the issue where it is binding against the crystal.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 12:03 PM   #6
ewdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Take out the flat spring and reinstall the bezel. If it turns freely, there is a problem with the flat spring binding somewhere. Replace it or have a watchmaker look at it.

If after reinstalling the bezel without the flat spring - the bezel still turns hard, the click spring could be bent improperly and is binding. Play with it until it aligns properly with the teeth on the inner part of the bezel. Try it again and see if this helps.

Lastly, inserts are a pain-in-the-ass sometimes and can create binding. If the insert was replaced, the insert might be the issue where it is binding against the crystal.
Thx for the tip!
Old 11 August 2018, 05:17 PM   #7
ewdi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post

You are right! it was tiny piece of spring, it is now turning nicely! Thank you so much!

Tags
bezel , vintage submariner