The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 20 September 2018, 06:02 AM   #31
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Does anybody else have a Creed Cologne problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I'm wearing Jimmy Choo mostly now, ever since getting it free with my trainers. I did like Aventus, Irish Tweed is like Davidoff Cool Water from my youth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
My absolute favorite especially GIT and Aventus.

Must admit I’m addicted to GIT and like Neil brings back my Cool water days! The girls used to love it

Also pictures well with my watches...

SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 06:07 AM   #32
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Only have the Aventus, but don't put it, or any other cologne, on very often
Old 20 September 2018, 07:33 AM   #33
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
What is your favourite creed Danny ?
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 11:30 AM   #34
Roll the Lex
"TRF" Member

Back when I wore cologne I liked the gold bottle one- imperial millisenie? Loved it. Expensive, but great stuff.

But issey miyake is the moneymaker for me. I’ve had random women comment on how good it smells and ask what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roll the Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 11:36 AM   #35
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
I finally killed the curiosity regarding Creed by recently trying on Aventus.
I ended up taking the sample strip and put it in my AC vent in my truck.
Honestly, no offense intended, but the nex day, my truck smelled like cat.
Smelled just like an old friend’s house whose sister collected all the cats in the neighborhood.
I was not alone in the dislike. My wife who loves fancy perfumes and colognes of all types hated it.
I guess I will give some of the others a try but Aventus, for the money? Rather rub a cat on myself for free.
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 11:42 AM   #36
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I stopped wearing cologne when I met my wife. Coincidentally also when I stopped smoking the green all day. Maybe there was a connection to smoking and attempting to cover it up

I use to like Hermès and Gaultier. Maybe I’ll check it out next time I’m in NYC but I can’t imagine caring enough to spend on cologne.
Old 20 September 2018, 12:09 PM   #37
RobearH
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
OP I see what appears to be a lot of empty bottles in that collection.

As to the Costco thing...how do they come about the versions they sell for less then 1/2 price? There not a distributor i.e. Nordstrom, so are we sure these are 100% legit.
RobearH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 01:34 PM   #38
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HL65 View Post
My absolute favorite especially GIT and Aventus.
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe&Harley View Post
What is your favourite creed Danny ?
Aventus and Green Irish Tweed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobearH View Post
OP I see what appears to be a lot of empty bottles in that collection.

As to the Costco thing...how do they come about the versions they sell for less then 1/2 price? There not a distributor i.e. Nordstrom, so are we sure these are 100% legit.
Empty where? the Tops are all new and bottoms are over halfway lol. That was not point of thread. I will ship them to you when empty
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 01:45 PM   #39
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I’m going to be the Negative Nellie here. I fell into the Creed trapdoor soon after Aventus came out. Creed is a classic example of luxury branding with trumped up history, celebrity endorsements, premium pricing, and what was once a tightly controlled supply chain.
I fell hook, line, and sinker stocking up on Aventus parfum, deodorant, aftershave, and even the $40 soap. I felt pampered buying it at the local Neiman Marcus, or Bergdorf’s and the Creed Boutique in NYC. I still get emails and even phone calls from them asking if I need “replenishments.”
Aventus is a very powerful scent and somewhere down the line I figured out that it was just too strong for me and not everyone around me appreciated it either. I ended up giving my “full kit” to a 15 year old nephew who ate it up. I found a cologne by women’s designer Hanae Mori that is much lighter, fits me better, and is 1/3 the price. The last flavor of Creed I have is the coconut scented Virgin Island Water, when that’s gone I’m completely done.
This is not meant to be disparage anyone on the Creed train. It’s a good product but it’s the marketing hype that sets it apart way more than its inherent goodness/quality. $215 for an ounce? Really?

I’d have to agree with you.

My $80 A-Men smells better on me than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AF_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 01:48 PM   #40
Phrank

Watch: ♕
Not a Creed cologne problem, but a huge love of their stellar, superb hard shaving soap.

Stuff feels like clouds and the wings of Angels caressing your face, and the deep, wide ranging aroma of the hot lather is...well, it's Creed.

Creed Original Vetiver Shaving Soap and Bowl...not cheap, hard to get it sells out so quickly...:-)

https://www.creedboutique.com/creed-...ving-bowl.html
Phrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 02:08 AM   #41
PJ S
Banned

Like Spice & Wood, but not enough to justify the flacon price, even if it was a limited edition.
The rest of the standard fragrances I’ve never found compelling, especially the poor longevity and projection, on my skin.
TF, ADP, Shay & Blue, Frederic Malle, and Maison Martin Margiela, all have options far better suited to me — as such I don't feel I’m missing out.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 02:15 AM   #42
SDRider
Banned

Watch: Rolex 116613LB
Yes, I have a Creed cologne problem. The problem is that I can't find a store nearby that carries it...
SDRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 02:46 AM   #43
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrank View Post
Not a Creed cologne problem, but a huge love of their stellar, superb hard shaving soap.

Stuff feels like clouds and the wings of Angels caressing your face, and the deep, wide ranging aroma of the hot lather is...well, it's Creed.

Creed Original Vetiver Shaving Soap and Bowl...not cheap, hard to get it sells out so quickly...:-)

https://www.creedboutique.com/creed-...ving-bowl.html
$125 for shaving soap?
Does it come with a young lady to perform the shave?
Old 21 September 2018, 06:16 AM   #44
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Must admit I’m addicted to GIT and like Neil brings back my Cool water days! The girls used to love it

Also pictures well with my watches...

I only bought Cool Water because a hot girl I knew said she liked it.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 06:18 AM   #45
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I only bought Cool Water because a hot girl I knew said she liked it.
The important question is did it work
Old 21 September 2018, 06:20 AM   #46
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
Like Spice & Wood, but not enough to justify the flacon price, even if it was a limited edition.
The rest of the standard fragrances I’ve never found compelling, especially the poor longevity and projection, on my skin.
TF, ADP, Shay & Blue, Frederic Malle, and Maison Martin Margiela, all have options far better suited to me — as such I don't feel I’m missing out.
Somehow im not surprised since ive never heard of them. Without you i wouldn't have heard of probably 20 watch brands either.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:02 AM   #47
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
What a collection, Danny!

I’m not at your level yet, but I just bought my first two bottles in the last month, and I already have my nose set on a few more. This is a whole new rabbit hole! ����*♂️
I started going down the Creed hole a few years ago as I started really growing out of my "entry" level colognes like Tom Ford.

Current collection includes:
  • Green Irish Tweed
  • Royal Mayfair
  • Erolfa
  • Aventus
  • Viking
  • Himilaya
Whenever I'm dragged along shopping with the fiancee and she ends up at cosmetics, I always get a kick out of talking to a Creed sales person. I really love everything currently in my Creed collection, with exception only to Himilaya (impulse purchase, and don't really enjoy it anymore). Like many, I'll admit Aventus drew me into the brand.

Btw - we always joke around here about how crazy we are when it comes to watch talk. Do any of you here post on Basenotes? Go take a look at their discussion forums and skim through the hundreds and hundreds of pages on differences in Aventus batches. TLDR for those who aren't down for a good laugh -- generally speaking, more recent batches have had a more pronounced pineapple scent, while the smoky/peppery finish has become more muted (at least according to some of those folks).

Some quick candid thoughts on some of my collection. There is a ridiculous amount of detail in reviews on sites like Basenotes and Fragrantica, so these are just some of my own random thoughts...

Aventus - like many, my first Creed. And honestly, still one of my favorite and most versatile fragrances that works well year-round. Love the longevitiy on this one...nothing like waking up the next day and still detecting hints of it on my wrist.

GIT - a logical second addition to my collection, early on. Some may think I am totally off here, but I view GIT as Aventus' bolder, distant cousin. Very different profiles (the lasting scent here is more eucalyptus and fresh greenery), but somehow feel related. I still remember saying to the sales guy when I picked this up, "something about this reminds me of boardrooms in the 80s with dark green carpets and dark mahogany furniture." We shared a laugh about it. This is another scent with fantastic longetivity and is also pretty versatile.

Erolfa - for some reason I think this one gets cast in the shadow of the more popular Creed fragrances. I picked this up as a summer scent and looking to replace my ADP Colonia Essenza (which I enjoyed and had a very good run). If you're looking for a fresh cologne with a great mix of citrus and woody notes, check this out. This is one you should definitely get a sample and wear a few times -- there is a good chance it will grow on you over time.

Royal Mayfair - an oddball and certainly not for everyone. More than anything, this herby, floral scent is just so damn interesting how it opens up. Start with rose and pine with a touch of citrus hints followed by a note of eucalyptus that lingers on for the duration. The rose in this may not be for everyone. However I will say this is probably the most interesting cologne in my whole collection.

Viking - still early days with this one. Had to smell it a few times before pulling the trigger on it. Early pick-ups of spearmint had me scratching my head here, but I ultimately picked up a bottle after it grew on me a bit thinking it would be perfect for the fall/winter. Early innings on this scent seemed rather "safe" and not very "daring" for Creed at first, but I started picking up more and more little things in it the more I wore it.

I've also checked out a few others that I am just not thrilled about. One that comes to mind is Royal Oud, which is fairly popular. Something about it just doesn't do it for me... That being said, for Oud I have been wearing the ADP Oud since like 2012. It's a scent that is regularly in rotation that I have never grown old of. Highly recommend checking out if you like some floral scents in your Oud.

Last random thought, for the better halves...The Aventus for Her has mixed reviews but I absolutely love it. Thank god my fiancee loves it too! I got her a bottle of it for her Christmas gift last year and it's always a treat to detect on her!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:30 AM   #48
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Nice collection!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2018, 07:40 PM   #49
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
Somehow im not surprised since ive never heard of them. Without you i wouldn't have heard of probably 20 watch brands either.
Margiela is Kanye's fave brand so I knew PJ would be down.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 02:13 AM   #50
fkim011
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sky Dweller
I'm looking at my 34OZ Creed Aventus Falcon.... yeah I have a problem.

I have the Aventus and the Millesime Imperial.

Can't decide between the GIT and Silver Mountain Water. Which would you guys get next if given the choice?
fkim011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 02:48 AM   #51
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I could buy another Day-Date for some of these cologne collections...the price of smelling great!
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 02:57 AM   #52
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I finally killed the curiosity regarding Creed by recently trying on Aventus.
I ended up taking the sample strip and put it in my AC vent in my truck.
Honestly, no offense intended, but the nex day, my truck smelled like cat.
Smelled just like an old friend’s house whose sister collected all the cats in the neighborhood.
I was not alone in the dislike. My wife who loves fancy perfumes and colognes of all types hated it.
I guess I will give some of the others a try but Aventus, for the money? Rather rub a cat on myself for free.

The essential fragrances are going to morph to your own body’s chemistry once the alcohol evaporates.

What you smelled was how paper reacted to the chemistry in Adventus.

Here’s what you might try because you can’t let a paper strip make your decision.

Visit an upscale shop with a Creed ambassador on staff. He’ll make up some samples in small vials. Or you can call Creed and they’ll do the same. Then you can see how it really works on you after an hour or later.

That is how I’ve gone about building this collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 04:16 AM   #53
MT_Timepieces
Banned

I have other problems, this one is not one of them.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
MT_Timepieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 04:56 AM   #54
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim011 View Post

Can't decide between the GIT and Silver Mountain Water. Which would you guys get next if given the choice?
Wowza! Did I read that right...34 oz?!?! I knew they made 17s, but 34?!? I have an 8 oz flacon of Aventus currently -- can't imagine how much I would have to wear to actually make a dent in a 34.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
The essential fragrances are going to morph to your own body’s chemistry once the alcohol evaporates.

What you smelled was how paper reacted to the chemistry in Adventus.

Here’s what you might try because you can’t let a paper strip make your decision.

Visit an upscale shop with a Creed ambassador on staff. He’ll make up some samples in small vials. Or you can call Creed and they’ll do the same. Then you can see how it really works on you after an hour or later.

That is how I’ve gone about building this collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is so true. Any purchase I've made from their line (except for Himalaya, the one purchase I regret) I have gone through at least 1-2 sample vials before purchasing. A fragrance on you may develop and open up a totally different way on me. When you're purchasing fragrances at this price point, you want to be sure you really like it. Put on a sample in the morning and take note of how it develops on your skin throughout the day. You may find something that you weren't thrilled with initially turns out to be a very pleasant surprise (or the opposite!).

Funny story on my first point. I have a friend who got a bottle of GIT from his girlfriend last year. A group of us were out at a dinner and she asked what I was wearing -- she loved the scent, I mean really loved it. She bought him a bottle of it shortly after. Turns out, she did not like how it smelled on him. Wasn't fowl by any means, but did not have the same "magic" she recalled when she first smelled it (on me). She was not shy about sharing any of this haha . Anytime we see them now it's a running joke - always ask which Creed he is going to buy next that smells better on me!

Enjoying Erolfa today btw!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:13 AM   #55
City74
Banned

Watch: Speedy Reduced
I just ordered 3 testers from the Creed Boutique. I got Adventus, GIT and Silver Mountain water to try out....we shall see
City74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 07:18 AM   #56
SC11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkim011 View Post

What you doing bathing on it
Old 22 September 2018, 07:58 AM   #57
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

My SO calls it the Rolex cologne. I don't think she knows it's Creed.
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 02:16 PM   #58
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Im missing a couple bottles but anyone else have a problem. Its all I wear now prefer this over my Tom Fords and Bonds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow. I have one bottle.

That’s a collection!

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 02:17 PM   #59
BrazenC5
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1665,1675,1680,SD4
Drakkar...all you'll ever need.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
BrazenC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2018, 03:03 PM   #60
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Ive been wearing Aventus for over 5 years now and its my favorite of all time! In the last 5 years I’ve had people comment on a watch maybe 5-10 times. Ive had at least 100 compliments on Aventus! Ive tried other Creeds (orig Vetevier, Virgin island water, and Santal. NOTHING touches the King Aventus!
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote