The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 November 2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Cesar
"TRF" Member

Icon5 What I will receive after service a vintage Rolex without documentation at Rolex ?

Hello everyone. I have a yellow gold Rolex Daytona from the 90's but I don't have the documents, it only has the box. I want to take him to Rolex to do the service including polishing.

please, I wonder if Rolex will provide me an international service card and papers that prove the service I have made and all the parts that have been changed .

I need papers and cards to have another proof that the watch is genuine and ensure that it was not registered as stolen.

Sincerely , Cesar.
Cesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2018, 11:51 PM   #2
DtownRRS
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT/SUB/Daytona
You would normally get back a receipt of work, a warranty card with the watch SN and date and a Rolex pouch. If it has any non Rolex parts they will replace everything with genuine parts. If it's stolen then it's not coming back at all they will keep it. So I hope you no it's not stolen.
DtownRRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 12:21 AM   #3
Cesar
"TRF" Member

The possibility of being robbed is extremely small. How Rolex will prove me that it is stolen or not ? they can not simply say "it is stolen and stay with the watch". They need to prove me that the watch is stolen.
Old 14 November 2018, 12:50 AM   #4
DP63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 18078
If the watch is stolen and it was reported, its serial number will be highlighted with Rolex in their database.
Old 14 November 2018, 04:31 AM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
The possibility of being robbed is extremely small. How Rolex will prove me that it is stolen or not ? they can not simply say "it is stolen and stay with the watch". They need to prove me that the watch is stolen.
If the watch is stolen, the previous owner has already proven it was stolen and provided the proper documentation and police reports showing this to be true and that they are the true owner.

They don't have to prove anything to you..
Old 14 November 2018, 05:21 AM   #6
Cesar
"TRF" Member

I disagree with you. When it comes to a family souvenir I demand proof that the watch has been stolen. It is the minimum they can do to calm down the client who was looking for a service. I have no problem leaving my watch with them if the watch is stolen, I only demand that they show me this information because I totally trust my family. It makes no sense to leave the store without the watch and without seeing with your own eyes that the watch has been registered as stolen.
Old 14 November 2018, 08:15 AM   #7
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
You may well disagree but if it is on the database you will not receive it back!

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 08:25 AM   #8
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar View Post
I disagree with you. When it comes to a family souvenir I demand proof that the watch has been stolen. It is the minimum they can do to calm down the client who was looking for a service. I have no problem leaving my watch with them if the watch is stolen, I only demand that they show me this information because I totally trust my family. It makes no sense to leave the store without the watch and without seeing with your own eyes that the watch has been registered as stolen.
If you don’t trust them enough without seeing proof I don’t really understand why you left it with them in the first place. :)

Normally watches aren’t stolen. No need to worry if you know where it came from.
Old 14 November 2018, 08:36 AM   #9
datejust24
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexssss
OP I understand what you’re saying as we all do...however, Rolex doesn’t care if you purchased the watch legitimately or not...sooo if you sent them the watch for service and let’s say somewhere along the line the watch was stolen from it’s owner and it was reported as such, you won’t be getting your watch back... bottom line
datejust24 is offline   Reply With Quote