The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Closed Thread

Old 15 November 2012, 02:50 PM   #31
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

This guy must be a crook. I cannot pull up any of his IDs...if he is legit, why have multiple eBay IDs....what a joke. He needs a punch in the face with his attitude....
Old 15 November 2012, 02:51 PM   #32
TPLGT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos5559 View Post
he was out of nyc area? he bought a DJ off me on ebay and tried the same thing with me saying the band was after market this guy is the worst of the worst, finds ebay sellers with good feedback but not to many high end sales and over pays for the watch then pulls this crap!!!
Bingo....guy is a dirtbag....send this thread to the Paypal folks....
Old 15 November 2012, 02:52 PM   #33
financeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
I have no interest in defaming anyone or in this sale financially, and have not directed anything towards this Brad guy. However, this guy has annoyed me now, he should at least acknowledge members of this forum also have good knowledege, not just him. I do not appreciate being called smuck or a putz. I am just clarifying authenticity for a member who has asked for help, that is what we do here in this community as he has been brought to question by a buyer, I do not expect to be abused because of it. So i offer a chance for you Brad to make some comments on the topics below, so this smuck can understand why you think it's fake. Is the G their ? the photos are not close up enough I grant you that for us to tell but you have the band in your hands I believe, if the answer is yes, lets move on to a few more things I know we can check that are not general knowledge or found on the net. Weight of the link ?, screw head and thread any problems ?, examining the link screw hole on the main part of the link (the hole itself), any comments ? and the welds on the clasp ?. Care to make a comment ? so all us putz's on the forum can share in your wealth of knowledge, educate me please, as you can see i know nothing.
You definitely sound like a putz from this post. Lol
The guys post really annoyed me as well. Jumping on here like he did and trying to be some pompous Internet tough guy. I don't think he knew the extent of the knowledge of most of the people on this forum. You guys amaze me every day on the amount y'all know about these watches.
Old 15 November 2012, 05:35 PM   #34
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

real good close ups of older president hallmarks

not my photo, but correct older hallmarks,nice and clear stampings and note the G, i saved these for a rainy day and it looks like it's raining

You also have a few other things to look at as I stated in my earlier post, screw both ends, screw hole and the welds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original president band markings.jpg (68.5 KB, 468 views)
Old 15 November 2012, 05:51 PM   #35
MonBK
Banned

I can't help but wonder that maybe the buyer has a valid point as I see signs on the bracelet being not right?

Start your flame throwers.
Old 15 November 2012, 05:58 PM   #36
MonBK
Banned

Here's one:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1-vert.jpg (130.9 KB, 459 views)
Old 15 November 2012, 06:25 PM   #37
joseluu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
I can't help but wonder that maybe the buyer has a valid point as I see signs on the bracelet being not right?

Start your flame throwers.
Nobody said it is not possible that the bracelet is not genuine, but it has to be proved, not just shouted. You have nothing to do in this matter and already posted a picture. He could have posted 10. Right?

On top of that manners, my friend, manners...
Old 15 November 2012, 06:41 PM   #38
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseluu View Post
Nobody said it is not possible that the bracelet is not genuine, but it has to be proved, not just shouted. You have nothing to do in this matter and already posted a picture. He could have posted 10. Right?

May I suggest you go back and read the thread again and find this!!
Old 15 November 2012, 06:49 PM   #39
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:

I was motivated to take a quick snap of my '91 DD.
I can clearly see the 'G' under the lady (with my loupe) so I post this picture as an example.
As for the buyer Kiyomikanai. Given his attitude and his insulting post there is little chance that he will be allowed to continue on this Forum once this matter is resolved.

I suggest a refund and the watch returned to the seller.
Why would a buyer want to keep a 'fake' bracelet?
Unless he wants to onsell the watch as genuine?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06337r.jpg (245.4 KB, 454 views)

Old 15 November 2012, 06:58 PM   #40
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Here's one:
Hi mate I am not going to flame you. My pictures are perfect, the seller took them through some kind of loupe they are all distorted anywhere but in the dead centre of the photo, that has stuffed up the symmetry of the scrolling, the photo looks stretched in places imho. The scrolling has changed over the years slightly also. Neither the seller or buyer has ever provided the extra photos or info I asked for, the screw, screw hole and welds. I have asked all along via pm and on the open forum. I am still undecided on the band. You have to agree the guy had some attitude, I had to let him know we are not all fools here regards.
Old 15 November 2012, 07:06 PM   #41
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I was motivated to take a quick snap of my '91 DD.
I can clearly see the 'G' under the lady (with my loupe) so I post this picture as an example.
As for the buyer Kiyomikanai. Given his attitude and his insulting post there is little chance that he will be allowed to continue on this Forum once this matter is resolved.

I suggest a refund and the watch returned to the seller.
Why would a buyer want to keep a 'fake' bracelet?
Unless he wants to onsell the watch as genuine?
If you have the G your good 95% of the time
However people keep the clasp and replace the band section with a new aftermarket bracelet, so you need to check the screws and screw holes and welds for key characteristics. .
Old 15 November 2012, 07:14 PM   #42
Jonathan007
"TRF" Member

Watch: #296
Easily resolved.

Buyer returns bracelet, seller returns payment.

Both parties would then be happy, wouldnt they???
Old 15 November 2012, 07:44 PM   #43
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Hi mate I am not going to flame you. My pictures are perfect, the seller took them through some kind of loupe they are all distorted anywhere but in the dead centre of the photo, that has stuffed up the symmetry of the scrolling, the photo looks stretched in places imho. The scrolling has changed over the years slightly also. Neither the seller or buyer has ever provided the extra photos or info I asked for, the screw, screw hole and welds. I have asked all along via pm and on the open forum. I am still undecided on the band. You have to agree the guy had some attitude, I had to let him know we are not all fools here regards.
I agree the buyer has more then an attitude and I'm not questioning your pictures.
They are crisp and clear and shows the details.
The 2 pictures I posted are yours on top and the bracelet in question on the bottom.
The scroll work on the lower pic makes me wonder if it's legit and wonder if the buyer has a valid point.
Old 15 November 2012, 08:35 PM   #44
joseluu
"TRF" Member

Quote:
May I suggest you go back and read the thread again and find this!!
I insist. The only thing that has been agreed is that the buyer has not proved that the bracelet is fake. Nobody has affirmed categorically that it is indeed genuine.
Old 15 November 2012, 09:04 PM   #45
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Looks ok, I think you being scammed, pm me I have one question as you can't see one thing you look for in the photos
Quote:
I insist. The only thing that has been agreed is that the buyer has not proved that the bracelet is fake. Nobody has affirmed categorically that it is indeed genuine.
See post # 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 20 in this thread:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=264290
Old 15 November 2012, 09:37 PM   #46
joseluu
"TRF" Member

Quote:

#2: "Looks like a Ladies President to me.. "

#3: "it looks ok to me"

#5: "seems OK for me"

#8: "Looks good to me"

#12: "I am no expert but I would say it is not fake."

#20: "All the marking and patterns is real genuine Rolex"

Of course, it depends of what you understand for "categorical", but none of the #2, 3, 5, 8 or 12 sound like a "categorical affirmation" to me. "looks" and "seems" do not fit that category, always in my humble opinion.

Only post #20 could be construed in that way, although even in that case the talk is about the markings and not the bracelet itself.

THE END from my side.
Old 15 November 2012, 09:42 PM   #47
MonBK
Banned

[QUOTE=joseluu;3719720]#2: "Looks like a Ladies President to me.. "

#3: "it looks ok to me"

#5: "seems OK for me"

#8: "Looks good to me"

#12: "I am no expert but I would say it is not fake."

#20: "All the marking and patterns is real genuine Rolex"

Of course, it depends of what you understand for "categorical", but none of the #2, 3, 5, 8 or 12 sound like a "categorical affirmation" to me. "looks" and "seems" do not fit that category, always in my humble opinion.

Only post #20 could be construed in that way, although even in that case the talk is about the markings and not the bracelet itself.

THE END from my side.[/QUOTE]

I certainly hope so.
Old 15 November 2012, 09:43 PM   #48
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Looks ok at a glance yes, everything is in the right place hallmark wise, this is not an absolute that it is authentic. I have asked via pm and open forum for specific photos or an explanation on few key points because I could not see them properly and was not sure. I also feel you cannot compare the photos I have provided obviously taken with a good slr camera and macro lenses providi g accurate symmetry of the scrolling, to skewed photos taken through a loupe, the scrolling has also changed over the years. I have tried taking photo through a loupe, it just does not work properly, it is always distorted and does not represent the true symmetry required to make an authenticity call. Anyway neither the seller or the buyer have got back to me with what I asked for right from the start.
Old 15 November 2012, 09:47 PM   #49
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Looks ok at a glance yes, everything is in the right place hallmark wise, this is not an absolute that it is authentic. I have asked via pm and open forum for specific photos or an explanation on few key points because I could not see them properly and was not sure. I also feel you cannot compare the photos I have provided obviously taken with a good slr camera and macro lenses providi g accurate symmetry of the scrolling, to skewed photos taken through a loupe, the scrolling has also changed over the years. I have tried taking photo through a loupe, it just does not work properly, it is always distorted and does not represent the true symmetry required to make an authenticity call. Anyway neither the seller or the buyer have got back to me with what I asked for right from the start.
I still say that the sellers scrollwork is funky.
Old 15 November 2012, 09:57 PM   #50
Czechman
"TRF" Member

Watch: See my signature
I doubt that I'd ever do business with anyone with the user name RearLunge.

19019, 19018x3, 17000x2, 16570x2, 16220, 5700, 1501, 6564, 16030, 16710, 16610

Old 15 November 2012, 11:33 PM   #51
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Always happy to hear the 'other side' of the story.
Or, should I say, completely ignorant and baseless.

Now, all you've done is say it's fake.
How about, you show some proof, to, at the very least, gain a little credibility!!

However. If you wish to continue on these boards with the condescending attitude you portray, your time here will be short lived!

There are some people here that have, undoubtedly, a far greater knowledge than yourself.
Not to mention a superior grasp of manners!

Tread carefully!
He doesn't have to worry about how he treads here anymore, Rob. It was past time for his departure. He overstayed his welcome and like old fish is now trash.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Old 15 November 2012, 11:34 PM   #52
RRsDJ

Watch: 16078 / 16618
Quote:
Anyway neither the seller or the buyer have got back to me with what I asked for right from the start.
You asked me for pictures. I told you I have no Internet via laptop so how am I supposed to upload pictures for you from a SD card? I PM'ed you last night and asked you to email me the G you posted of the St. Bernard so id have a reference. i also said once I get to work this morning I will post up pictures.

You just asked me for the link pictures and up close lady head late last night. I have a sick daughter and a 4 month old boy. I'm not ignoring your request so please be patient.

Here's the PM I sent you last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRsDJ
Would you mind emailing me the pictures of the G. My Internet is down and for some reason the pictures are now showing up through tapatalk on my phone.

My email is: rr@aol.com

I found some up close pictures of lady's head and I took some pictures of the extra link and screw I kept. I'll post them up tomorrow from work. I don't see any G in the lady's head but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks for all of your help!

-Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've even said in my thread here AND in the PM to you that I don't see a G so it's quite possible it could be "fake". If I was trying to pull something I would've never made this thread and I would've just kept my mouth shut. I'm trying to find out the truth about my bracelet and if that means in the end it's "fake" then so be it.

I've said ill accept a return. Paypal is holding the funds so he'll get his money back. Most everyone here has said it looks real and I believe it to be real. I've taken it to my AD once to get polished and once many years ago to get it serviced and nobody ever doubted the bracelet so why should I....until now when it's being questioned by the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT: The lady head is really no better than the other 2. If I would have known I was looking for a tiny G I wouldve put better light on it and tried to capture it but I didnt know there was a G. I still dont see a G? I know Chad got banned but maybe he can take a macro shot with the right light and right loupe (I only have a 5X and 10X) and give it to one of the 2 guys that called him yesterday and they can post the picture up for him.

Anyway here it is for what its worth:

And here are the link / screw pictures:

Old 16 November 2012, 01:08 AM   #53
RRsDJ

Bump for pictures.....
Old 16 November 2012, 02:01 AM   #54
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrolex View Post
He doesn't have to worry about how he treads here anymore, Rob. It was past time for his departure. He overstayed his welcome and like old fish is now trash.
This proves that our god is stronger than the other god.
Old 16 November 2012, 02:39 AM   #55
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
This proves that our god is stronger than the other god.
We all know that our God is the strongest.
Old 16 November 2012, 02:46 AM   #56
samuel019
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
I cant stand Ebay. I sold a watch about 51 days ago to be exact and the buyer wouldnt even leave me a feedback and I had to call PayPal and have them look at history so they would release money because he wouldnt mark it received. He also contacted me for the first time since he bought it which was on the 48th day complaining the watch was running fast and I lied about service history. Well I contacted the people who serviced it and realized watch was under a one year warranty and I emailed him that info and he has yet to reply to that good news or leave me a feedback. My asumption was he was going to try to dispute the sale but still havent heard from him. Even though he called me a liar and I still went to work for him when I didnt even sale watch with a warranty. Turns out I am not a liar. Which I already knew that. LOL.
A couple of points to remember that I was told on Monday from Ebay and PayPal when it comes to dispute time lines.
#1. PayPal gives the buyer 45 days from purchase date with a 5 day grace period to dispuute sale. So basically 50 days. Can you believe that??
#2. Ebay has 50 days period.
#3. And most importantly I WILL NEVER SALE OR BUY A WATCH FROM EBAY FOR AS LONG AS I WALK GODS GREEN EARTH!

Sorry to get off subject I was just reading this thread and got extremely frustrated especially since I had problems with a sale on Ebay this week also.

Good luck to you my friend. I wish you the best.
Old 16 November 2012, 02:51 AM   #57
RRsDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel019 View Post
I cant stand Ebay. I sold a watch about 51 days ago to be exact and the buyer wouldnt even leave me a feedback and I had to call PayPal and have them look at history so they would release money because he wouldnt mark it received. He also contacted me for the first time since he bought it which was on the 48th day complaining the watch was running fast and I lied about service history. Well I contacted the people who serviced it and realized watch was under a one year warranty and I emailed him that info and he has yet to reply to that good news or leave me a feedback. My asumption was he was going to try to dispute the sale but still havent heard from him. Even though he called me a liar and I still went to work for him when I didnt even sale watch with a warranty. Turns out I am not a liar. Which I already knew that. LOL.
A couple of points to remember that I was told on Monday from Ebay and PayPal when it comes to dispute time lines.
#1. PayPal gives the buyer 45 days from purchase date with a 5 day grace period to dispuute sale. So basically 50 days. Can you believe that??
#2. Ebay has 50 days period.
#3. And most importantly I WILL NEVER SALE OR BUY A WATCH FROM EBAY FOR AS LONG AS I WALK GODS GREEN EARTH!

Sorry to get off subject I was just reading this thread and got extremely frustrated especially since I had problems with a sale on Ebay this week also.

Good luck to you my friend. I wish you the best.

WOW!

I agree, 50 days is RIDICULOUS! I think buyers should have 48hrs to inspect the goods. The buyer, a "used watch dealer for 20yrs." had my DJ a whole week before he filed the Paypal claim. Who knows what was done within that week!! I will never sell anything of value on eBay or Paypal ever again. Ive learned my lesson.

Old 16 November 2012, 02:52 AM   #58
MonBK
Banned

Ok, back to the subject at hand.

With all the pictures presented, what say you all?
Old 16 November 2012, 03:02 AM   #59
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
Quote:
Here's one:
again , the pics on this site are not only outstanding in their technical excelence , but are priceless as a referance.
Old 16 November 2012, 03:09 AM   #60
RRsDJ

Quote:
Ok, back to the subject at hand.

With all the pictures presented, what say you all?

I say authentic but Im a little bias.
Closed Thread