The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 8 November 2018, 10:26 AM   #1
SCRunner
"TRF" Member

First Time Buyer--Need Advice

Hi all. I am getting close to buying my first PAM and am torn between the
1392, the 392, and the 904 (42mm Due). Here's the deal, I am a petite woman, but like a larger watch (and already have a mid-size Cartier for something smaller). I know I can comfortably wear the 40mm, but I want a sandwich dial and do not love the cyclops eye on the 048. I also find the 38mm Due almost too small. The other issue is I have a whole collection of straps from Aaron Bespoke that I used with an Apple Watch (I know). They are 22mm, so will not fit the 38mm Due.

Any thoughts/opinions on all of this? I'm really torn. I wish I could wear the 44mm base model, but it's just too large. Going back to the Panerai boutique to look around though I eventually hope to purchase one that's gently used.

Thanks!!
SCRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2018, 09:13 PM   #2
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Hi and welcome to the madness!! Here are my thoughts...my wife had a 392 (she has small wrists) and we traded it for a 722 (1392 with a bracelet)...the 722/1392 has a slimmer case than the 392 and isn’t as top heavy...so definitely 1392/722 over the 392...the 42 mm Due is beautiful as well..it depends on whether you want a more casual or dressier watch...more versatility with the 722/1392... I hope this is helpful
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2018, 09:57 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Go to an AD and try them all on. Once you get a good feel go do your research and find the watch you want for a significant discount. I am a huge Panerai fan and currently own three but the values drop like a rock, pre-owned and non-LE. Any standard issue Panerai can be sourced through a TS and you will save big.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2018, 12:30 AM   #4
SCRunner
"TRF" Member

Thank you both! This definitely helps, especially with the 392. My plan is to wear this as pretty much my daily watch which involves a mix of work during the week (lawyer, so business, but not a suit or dress every day) and fun/kids, hanging out on weekends. I do like the look of an oversized watch with a dress. I guess my concern with Due has been the spring bars versus quick release and it looking too much like an oversized dress watch as I want to retain that sport vibe too.

Is there anywhere specifically to determine where to find these TDSs or TS? A colleague has worked with DavidSW and I’ve talked to him and he seems like a nice guy. My BIL also gave me the name of a guy he bought a Rolex from. Happy to accept PMs on this as well.

Again, thanks!!
Old 9 November 2018, 12:39 AM   #5
Euge
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Watches
Hi!!!!
Have you looked at the PAM 1523 it’s 42mm and 22mm straps will fit.......

Hope this photos help.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2018, 01:48 AM   #6
SCRunner
"TRF" Member

The 1523 looks awesome. My only thought was that my Cartier is a white face so I as going to go with a darker dial for this one, but am going to take another look. Thank you!
Old 9 November 2018, 03:14 AM   #7
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

If the (lack of) water resistance doesn’t bother you, I would look at the Due in your case. Don’t worry about the straps... just an excuse to build another amazing strap collection personalized to your new watch.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2018, 03:28 AM   #8
Euge
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner View Post
The 1523 looks awesome. My only thought was that my Cartier is a white face so I as going to go with a darker dial for this one, but am going to take another look. Thank you!

It’s worth looking at it.
If you’re looking for another dark dial,
I’m personally looking forward for the PAM
1535-1537
It’s also 42mm and 22mm Straps will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Euge is offline   Reply With Quote