The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 13 October 2015, 01:38 AM   #211
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
here is a direct copy and paste coming from another thread you created over a breitling watch.

"Greetings All - I had an overhaul done on a Montbrillant Olympus by Breitling USA. Service took 6 weeks to be done and when the watch returned, the hands were not properly lining up. minute hand was slightly off, and the day hand was aligning on wrong letter of the day.

brought the watch back to the boutique and it was sent back to Breitling for the hands to be 'reset.' i was told it will take at least 3 weeks to replace the hands since the piece has to be dismantled(?!!?).

reading between the lines, does a second overhaul need to be done? basically the misaligned hands are just the result of the problems and not the root cause??? "

So you mean to tell me, this is how you react over a breitling that costs nickel and dime compared to a patek? And I'm being unreasonable?? Clearly the little things do matter to you.
I brought the watch back to Breitling, and the hands apparently have to be replaced every time the watch is serviced. the slight misalignment of the hand for days is apparently normal according to BUSA and the minute hand was replaced and realigned. no additional movement serviced was needed. With this confirmation from Breitling, I was happy with the watch until I sold it to fund an IWC DaVinci almost a year later.

I worked with Patrick at HSWA numerous times when my Nautilus was serviced and received a few Patek ties and hardbound book about Patek, without asking or complaining how long it took for the watch to be serviced. In fact that watch needed to be re-serviced due to an amplitude problem and HSWA turned the watch around in a few days. So maybe some respect and being cordial goes a long way as opposed to lecturing.

If you dislike Patek's customer service and poor finish on two watches, why are you still dealing with the company? Furthermore, why are you still dealing with your AD if he is treating you so poorly? For the third watch I am sure you will find fault with something else. There is timekeeping for you to agonize over, one pusher button may not be firm as another, the quick hour jump feature may not perfectly align to the next/previous hour, when does the date start to change, what about the quality of the clasp, is the bracelet too thin for a heavy watch, the bracelet doesn't click closed as firm as it should, etc. Vote with your wallet and go to another brand that will appreciate you, your money, and throw goodies at you when you make a fuss.

Good luck dealing with AP when you buy a perpetual calendar and you can agonize at exactly what time the hands start to move for day/date.
Old 13 October 2015, 01:52 AM   #212
martinr
"TRF" Member

For the record, I've dealt with Pat at HSWA, he's knowledgable and helpful and polite. That's all.
Old 13 October 2015, 02:04 AM   #213
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Both of your posts are spot on 100%. However, as you have probably noticed in this thread, unless you agree and sympathize with the OP (over and over) you will get bashed. He even sent me a nasty PM (be warned you will probably receive one from him as well) stating “no one forced you to read my post…blah, blah, blah)”…well true, but one might need to get thicker skin as this is a public forum, and as shocking as it may be, people CAN and DO have a different opinions—hence a forum.

As I stated before, Patek is not a brand for you. As others stated you seem to look for problems and probably nothing will satisfy you. Bashing and berating Patek here on a public forum is certainly not going to help your cause, neither will your constant ‘emails, videos, etc’ to them. There are two sides to every story and would love to hear what is really going on from the other side.

I think your profile says it best:

Okay, back to the wonderful thread…
Thanks for the heads up. Believe it or not, as a watch collector myself, I do sympathize and empathize with the OP. I know what its like to spend good money on a product and not get what you want. But instead of hitting my head against the wall over-and-over again, hoping that the company/AD suddenly gives me what I want, I get up and go to another company/dealer.

If Patek products were in such incredibly high demand, why would they need to discount them and even lower MSRP? I understand the CHF/USD issue, but if demand is so high relative to supply, Patek could ignore the currency disparity and either people deal with it or dont buy. Even the flagship manufacture grand complication (5270) can be had at a significant discount, as compared to the lemania 5970, where buying at MSRP was a big gift.

ADs need to hustle to get the deal done or will lose the sale to another AD or grey dealer that can get your name on the papers. Plenty of ADs out there with a lot less buyers willing to shell out at least 30k+ for an entry Patek.

The OP/buyer literally holds all the buying cards.
Old 13 October 2015, 02:19 AM   #214
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Both of your posts are spot on 100%. However, as you have probably noticed in this thread, unless you agree and sympathize with the OP (over and over) you will get bashed.

He even sent me a nasty PM (be warned you will probably receive one from him as well) stating “no one forced you to read my post…you are bullying me (that was my favorite)...blah, blah, blah”. One might need to get thicker skin as this is a public FORUM, and as shocking as it may be, people CAN and DO have a different opinions—hence a FORUM.

As I stated before, Patek is not a brand for you. As others stated you seem to look for problems and probably nothing will satisfy you. Bashing and berating Patek here on a public forum is certainly not going to help your cause, neither will your constant ‘emails, videos, etc’ to them. There are two sides to every story and would love to hear what is really going on from the other side.

direct copy and paste of my message to you
I just want to know what your problem is?

How do you know that I have not been nice to my AD or patek? I have been continuously willing to work with both considering the circumstances that keep occurring. I just don't get some people on forums and why they think given all the documents proof I have provided, that it is my fault.

Easy for you to go around bullying other members when you don't have a 50k broken watch. very easy to do.

If you don't like my thread, no one ever forced you to read it.

If that's nasty, then arrest me now. You are clearly out looking for trouble. You keep saying you're done with this thread then you come back looking to team up on me when ever you get the chance.

You accused me of not being nice to patek and my AD, like you are there and know what is really going down. You keep taking jabs at me and its wrong of me to send you a message trying to figure out what your deal is? Your best response is "do not contact me again"

I will ask you here, just what is your problem?
Old 13 October 2015, 02:20 AM   #215
jonathan17
"TRF" Member

Watch: ??? Yes please!
Quote:
Both of your posts are spot on 100%. However, as you have probably noticed in this thread, unless you agree and sympathize with the OP (over and over) you will get bashed.

He even sent me a nasty PM (be warned you will probably receive one from him as well) stating “no one forced you to read my post…you are bullying me (that was my favorite)...blah, blah, blah”. One might need to get thicker skin as this is a public FORUM, and as shocking as it may be, people CAN and DO have a different opinions—hence a FORUM.

THis is getting a bit old paul... lets just move on and see what happens... just my opinion of course...
Old 13 October 2015, 02:23 AM   #216
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
direct copy and paste of my message to you
I just want to know what your problem is?

How do you know that I have not been nice to my AD or patek? I have been continuously willing to work with both considering the circumstances that keep occurring. I just don't get some people on forums and why they think given all the documents proof I have provided, that it is my fault.

Easy for you to go around bullying other members when you don't have a 50k broken watch. very easy to do.

If you don't like my thread, no one ever forced you to read it.

If that's nasty, then arrest me now. You are clearly out looking for trouble. You keep saying you're done with this thread then you come back looking to team up on me when ever you get the chance.

You accused me of not being nice to patek and my AD, like you are there and know what is really going down. You keep taking jabs at me and its wrong of me to send you a message trying to figure out what your deal is? Your best response is "do not contact me again"

I will ask you here, just what is your problem?
LOL. Such the 'victim' mentality.

Wow, good luck to Patek and to Pat.
Old 13 October 2015, 02:24 AM   #217
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlingherst View Post
I brought the watch back to Breitling, and the hands apparently have to be replaced every time the watch is serviced. the slight misalignment of the hand for days is apparently normal according to BUSA and the minute hand was replaced and realigned. no additional movement serviced was needed. With this confirmation from Breitling, I was happy with the watch until I sold it to fund an IWC DaVinci almost a year later.

I worked with Patrick at HSWA numerous times when my Nautilus was serviced and received a few Patek ties and hardbound book about Patek, without asking or complaining how long it took for the watch to be serviced. In fact that watch needed to be re-serviced due to an amplitude problem and HSWA turned the watch around in a few days. So maybe some respect and being cordial goes a long way as opposed to lecturing.

If you dislike Patek's customer service and poor finish on two watches, why are you still dealing with the company? Furthermore, why are you still dealing with your AD if he is treating you so poorly? For the third watch I am sure you will find fault with something else. There is timekeeping for you to agonize over, one pusher button may not be firm as another, the quick hour jump feature may not perfectly align to the next/previous hour, when does the date start to change, what about the quality of the clasp, is the bracelet too thin for a heavy watch, the bracelet doesn't click closed as firm as it should, etc. Vote with your wallet and go to another brand that will appreciate you, your money, and throw goodies at you when you make a fuss.

Good luck dealing with AP when you buy a perpetual calendar and you can agonize at exactly what time the hands start to move for day/date.
My point was, I could easily pick on you for little things that seem to bother you about your watches.. It's easy to come to this thread and say many of these defects would never bother you. To each their own.

Misaligned hands do bother you according to your thread.
Then you come in here and say that my misaligned hands wouldn't bother you..
Give me a break.
Old 13 October 2015, 02:30 AM   #218
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Quote:

keep making a joke of this thread Paul... You clearly are out looking for drama. It just doesn't matter anymore at this point. Go for it.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with my Tag line. I do love tinkering and fixing things. I have hobbies and passions. I love to also brain storm on how to make things better. Even a broken light switch in my home, I prefer to fix it myself..
Old 13 October 2015, 02:35 AM   #219
jonathan17
"TRF" Member

Watch: ??? Yes please!
Quote:

This post deserves this :

This forum should be a helpful environment rather than an avenue to attack each other. Can we please stop "jabbing" at each other and just see how it goes and then react?

OP i guess theres nothing to do but wait, I cant really imagine what your going through but hope it gets resolved somehow. Goodluck.
Old 13 October 2015, 02:39 AM   #220
breitlingherst
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My point was, I could easily pick on you for little things that seem to bother you about your watches.. It's easy to come to this thread and say many of these defects would never bother you. To each their own.

Misaligned hands do bother you according to your thread.
Then you come in here and say that my misaligned hands wouldn't bother you..
Give me a break.
there's a difference between the hand being a tick or two off (2/10 second), and being a full letter off. But Breitling said it was normal for the day indicator to be a letter off and I accepted it. You cant accept the bracelet issues and the lume issues, and the scratched indices issues. Which is fine for you, since you are paying $50k for a watch and it should be perfect. As you said, "to each their own."

You have gone through two brand new watches and neither meets your standards. fine, so move on and go to another AD/brand that appreciates you and your money.

Or use your brain storming power to advise Patek how to properly finish the bracelet, uniform lume and proper indice finishings!
Old 13 October 2015, 02:52 AM   #221
Bulliondesk
Banned

OP.. all this seems like such a pain in the ass and I completely understand your frustrations.

You have gone through 2 watches.. weeks and months of numerous emails/phone calls with Stern and your current AD (who you now aren't too happy with!) potentially waiting on a 3rd watch??... which may or may not happen.. and could take months for another response and or Geneva to "fix" your 1st and or 2nd piece..

It seems like such a headache and hassle this entire ordeal.. why waste all the time and effort dealing with all this nonsense? Given that you really do want the reference..

Return the watch. Get a full refund. Go to or call a different AD and buy a new one. The 5990 at this point is difficult but not THAT difficult to acquire if you know the right places to call and deal with. Your way more likely to receive a new 5990 from another AD by the time this entire ordeal comes even close to wrapping up!
Old 13 October 2015, 03:16 AM   #222
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan17 View Post
This post deserves this :

This forum should be a helpful environment rather than an avenue to attack each other. Can we please stop "jabbing" at each other and just see how it goes and then react?

OP i guess theres nothing to do but wait, I cant really imagine what your going through but hope it gets resolved somehow. Goodluck.

No kidding. Save the personal attacks for another time !
Old 13 October 2015, 03:37 AM   #223
SubKing
"TRF" Member

I honestly wonder if I should bother updating this thread anymore. Seems to be causing more trouble than good.

Thanks once again to those members for having my back against some of the rude posts.
Old 13 October 2015, 05:40 AM   #224
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
And now for me that is all she wrote...Done.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
Closed Thread