The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 13 November 2014, 01:35 AM   #1
amoredimamma
"TRF" Member

Need opinions on a Tudor Snowflake 7021

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum and this is my first thread. I wish to show a few pictures of my recent purchase: a Tudor Submariner Snowflake 7021. I’d like to have an opinion from you if the watch is original and the single parts are legit. From what I know the only “big” issue is the lack of the “T Swiss T” on the bottom of the dial. Perhaps it was repainted? For the rest it has an ETA 2484 movement, has a 7836 bracelet with 580 end links. Clasp says “4 70” as well as the bottom. Serial number is 761*** and the reference written on the watch is the 7021/0. The date disk is only black. Crown is not twinlock but triple lock….Bezel is very, very old, but I like the “worn” aspect. I ignore if it is original. Watch runs great.
I would appreciate to receive opinions about the watch, its originality and, possibly, an economic evaluation. I have a 7206 bracelet with 80 end links (dated 4.67): do you think it would be worth to put it?
Thanks in advance to everyone for the interventions.
Luca
...sorry for the poor pictures taken by a phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (113.0 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (83.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (113.0 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg clasp.jpg (71.0 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg movt3.jpg (62.2 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg referenza.jpg (44.6 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg serial number.jpg (67.0 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg fondello esterno.jpg (69.4 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg finale.jpg (98.1 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg corona.jpg (60.4 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg finals.jpg (82.6 KB, 299 views)
amoredimamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 02:30 AM   #2
CrownMe
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Open 6
I'm not a expert but I will give a couple observations. Insert is aftermarket and was most likely bleached. Serial number looks different from the model number in the way it was applied. Could just be the pics tho
CrownMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 03:18 AM   #3
amoredimamma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownMe View Post
I'm not a expert but I will give a couple observations. Insert is aftermarket and was most likely bleached. Serial number looks different from the model number in the way it was applied. Could just be the pics tho
Thanks; for the insert I think your observation is correct. For the different model of numbers I don't see differences. I put another picture of the model reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg referenza 3.jpg (33.1 KB, 279 views)
Old 13 November 2014, 03:31 AM   #4
CrownMe
"TRF" Member

Yes it was just the pic. ^^
Old 13 November 2014, 06:33 AM   #5
Lgear080
Banned

I'm not a fan of the case. Looks like some funky polishing was done over the years.
Seems like you're buying a dial and hands value wise. Same comment on insert as above.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 02:30 PM   #6
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Insert is bad. Bezel is probably OK - some different bezels back then.

Case is a Good 68-69 casewith crownguards transitioning from the Semi Pointed to the regular flake/R Sub style around 72-73ish.

Engravings are fine. Case has some miles on it is all.

Does it have a Roulette Date wheel going alternating red and black numbers?

A ridden hard, put away wet Tool Watch with a few stories under its belt.
Old 13 November 2014, 03:39 PM   #7
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post

Or just a well worn, slightly neglegted 40 year old Tudor with no really interesting stories to tell at all.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 05:04 PM   #8
TudorSnowflake
"TRF" Member

Watch: Heritage Ranger
Bezel looks off... like artificially aged. Dial is replacement. Hands might be too. All aged to look "worn." Crystal looks new.

Case and movement look okay. Bracelet looks okay.

I just think the watch was aged to make it look more valuable.
TudorSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2014, 11:16 PM   #9
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Or just a well worn, slightly neglegted 40 year old Tudor with no really interesting stories to tell at all.

Hahaha - very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorSnowflake View Post
Bezel looks off... like artificially aged. Dial is replacement. Hands might be too. All aged to look "worn." Crystal looks new.

Case and movement look okay. Bracelet looks okay.

I just think the watch was aged to make it look more valuable.
Bezel or insert? Insert certainly looks aftermarket and definitely not correct for this watch - and yes - aged to look older. Bezel I am on the fence but leaning aftermarket.
Old 14 November 2014, 12:50 AM   #10
amoredimamma
"TRF" Member

Thanks everybody for the interventions.
The watch has not a roulette disk but date is only black.
When I bought the watch the seller had two inserts: one blu and the one of the pictures, the "worn" or "aged" one. I preferred the old one, the one of the pictures. I post a picture of the watch as it was before with the blue insert. Should this blue iněsert be original it means that originally the watch had a blue dial which was repainted and remained with the blue insert. I preferred the grey insert because the blue one with the black dial was orrible. Now what to do? Should I change the bezel for a black one? Where to find it? I guess it is impossible to find an original dial at "reasonable" price....
I attach a picture of the watch with the blue bezel (which I still have..)and one as it is now...
Last picture is taken today
The question: what to do? Put again the blue bezel...try to find a black bezel, look for a blue dial...or....leave it as it is and enjoy life?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (105.5 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg tudor bella foto.jpg (47.7 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg taken on 2014-11-13.jpg (126.5 KB, 197 views)
Old 14 November 2014, 01:34 AM   #11
CrownMe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Insert is bad. Bezel is probably OK - some different bezels back then.

Case is a Good 68-69 casewith crownguards transitioning from the Semi Pointed to the regular flake/R Sub style around 72-73ish.

Engravings are fine. Case has some miles on it is all.

Does it have a Roulette Date wheel going alternating red and black numbers?

What are your thoughts on the dial?
Old 14 November 2014, 05:07 AM   #12
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoredimamma View Post
Thanks everybody for the interventions.
The watch has not a roulette disk but date is only black.
When I bought the watch the seller had two inserts: one blu and the one of the pictures, the "worn" or "aged" one. I preferred the old one, the one of the pictures. I post a picture of the watch as it was before with the blue insert. Should this blue iněsert be original it means that originally the watch had a blue dial which was repainted and remained with the blue insert. I preferred the grey insert because the blue one with the black dial was orrible. Now what to do? Should I change the bezel for a black one? Where to find it? I guess it is impossible to find an original dial at "reasonable" price....
I attach a picture of the watch with the blue bezel (which I still have..)and one as it is now...
Last picture is taken today
The question: what to do? Put again the blue bezel...try to find a black bezel, look for a blue dial...or....leave it as it is and enjoy life?
That insert is worth $400-600 or maybe more - do you like the blue or black? A blue dial is going to cost some bucks to replace on a 7021. Many early dials on 7021 bubbled up and failed and were replaced along the way - this is normal. Not sure who out the black dial instead of the blue. You could spend more than $500 on a blue dial (part only) and have a blue flake - or sell the blue and get a black fat font and make a $100 or so - this is very loose and assumes a loit though. Or you could just wear it ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownMe View Post
What are your thoughts on the dial?

Don't know without better photos. Looks OK but better, clear photos to be more confident.
Old 14 November 2014, 05:40 AM   #13
John in MA
"TRF" Member

If there was no price difference between taking the blue or black insert I would contact the seller and ask to swap the black aftermarket for hte blue which appears to be authentic.

Either way I hope you didn't pay toooo much over market as the insert is not original and the dial appears to be either aftermarket or redial due to the missing T SWISS T. Snowflake dials with missings T's are out there but I know of none missing the entire marking.

How To: Remove a Tudor Pelagos Endlink in 60 Seconds or Less
John in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2014, 06:22 AM   #14
amoredimamma
"TRF" Member

I have both inserts; the seller gave me both of them but I preferred to put the "black" because the blue with black dial was awful. Now if you think that the blue insert is original probably the watch in origin had a blue dial which was "bubbled" and, I don't know the reason, was repainted in black….
Anyone has a picture of the correct black bezel?
Thanks
Old 14 November 2014, 09:16 AM   #15
linesiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in MA View Post
the dial appears to be either aftermarket or redial due to the missing T SWISS T. Snowflake dials with missings T's are out there but I know of none missing the entire marking.
I was so stuck on the fonts looking a little soft and the plots seeming squat I did not even look at the missing T SWISS T - you are absolutely correct, as usual.
Old 14 November 2014, 09:55 AM   #16
CrownMe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was so stuck on the fonts looking a little soft and the plots seeming squat I did not even look at the missing T SWISS T - you are absolutely correct, as usual.

thats what i was getting at.