The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 22 March 2024, 02:15 PM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon2 AP House / Boutique Reviews

creating a space to share ap house and boutique experiences. would be interesting to compare various experiences within the community.

AP House Bangkok

Ambiance: this is the only ap outlet in thailand (and the largest in se asia) located downtown bangkok in gaysorn tower directly across central world. the space itself is very large and open with a balcony decked out with greenery. there is a bar with a nice selection of whiskey, few private rooms, and a large living area.

Hospitality: i visited without an appointment and was the only visitor at the time. the staff is welcoming, sat me down in the living area and introduced me to an advisor. i was given some welcome chocolates, water, and hand towels while discussing what i was interested in seeing and after a few minutes was presented a tray of watches requested that were in stock.

Staff: all advisors when i entered were just on their phones by the bar. the advisor i spoke with was following the ap training book by the tee and the conversation i had was pretty robotic and emotionless. she didn't engage in conversations about the watch industry nor have much knowledge on other brands. i felt other than seeing the watches in person, the conversation with the advisor was pretty pointless and none engaging. i hate the fact, the advisor straight up told me "i highly suggest" buying a code or offshore to start my journey meanwhile the entire conversation was about my ambition to acquire ro chrono to complete my air, land, and sea combo.

Thoughts: i am not thai, i consider thailand my second home as i have been visiting for 15+ years and have residency as well. got the impression my advisor was not too fond of that fact. i followed up by e-mail with the advisor a few days latest and no response or follow up. pretty much a one shot visit. the space is beautiful with unpleasant staff and the optimism of possibly having a watch allocated here as a foreigner, although i have residency and spent many years there, is clearly zero chance nor did they show any interest in wanting me as an owner. was pretty bummed with the experience but din tai fung in central world made up for it.
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 03:28 AM   #2
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Not much action in this thread. Coincidentally, I just contacted one of the newer AP houses to schedule an appointment and got the reply copied below. Seems a bit disjointed from the AP house PR speak ("...envisioned as a platform for dialogue and discovery, where clients and watch enthusiasts can immerse themselves in the rich legacy and forward-thinking ethos of Audemars Piguet."). Maybe the messaging still needs some fine-tuning

"Dear Vogelphoenix,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Audemars Piguet.

Even though AP has a global system, it is always best to connect with the closest AP boutique/house to you, as all AP point-of-sales must prioritize their local clients. You can check the location of your closest AP point-of-sale through the link below:

Audemars Piguet | Find a Boutique - Where to Buy

At Audemars Piguet, we put a lot of emphasis on getting to know our clients, as being a client means becoming part of the AP family. We take our time to get to know you on the first appointment, as building a relationship with you is of great importance to us. Therefore, I do not advise coming to ******** just to visit us with the hopes of buying a watch, as we will most likely not be able to sell you anything.

Of course, you are always more than welcome to stop by for a tour of the AP House
."
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 03:41 AM   #3
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Not much action in this thread. Coincidentally, I just contacted one of the newer AP houses to schedule an appointment and got the reply copied below. Seems a bit disjointed from the AP house PR speak ("...envisioned as a platform for dialogue and discovery, where clients and watch enthusiasts can immerse themselves in the rich legacy and forward-thinking ethos of Audemars Piguet."). Maybe the messaging still needs some fine-tuning

"Dear Vogelphoenix,

Thank you for your email and your interest in Audemars Piguet.

Even though AP has a global system, it is always best to connect with the closest AP boutique/house to you, as all AP point-of-sales must prioritize their local clients. You can check the location of your closest AP point-of-sale through the link below:

Audemars Piguet | Find a Boutique - Where to Buy

At Audemars Piguet, we put a lot of emphasis on getting to know our clients, as being a client means becoming part of the AP family. We take our time to get to know you on the first appointment, as building a relationship with you is of great importance to us. Therefore, I do not advise coming to ******** just to visit us with the hopes of buying a watch, as we will most likely not be able to sell you anything.

Of course, you are always more than welcome to stop by for a tour of the AP House
."
I'm still so confused as to the purpose of AP Houses vs. Boutiques. I assume they're going to close the boutiques over the long term and only sell out of AP Houses.
watchman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 04:16 AM   #4
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman124 View Post
I'm still so confused as to the purpose of AP Houses vs. Boutiques. I assume they're going to close the boutiques over the long term and only sell out of AP Houses.
I arrived at the NY AP house when FHB and friends were just wrapping up a soccer world cup viewing session on a big screen in the main area. On the one hand that was cool to see, on the other hand one can't help but wonder if that's a metaphor for what these palaces are really meant for, and it doesn't revolve around "normal" clients....
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 23 March 2024, 04:19 AM   #5
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I arrived at the NY AP house when FHB and friends were just wrapping up a soccer world cup viewing session on a big screen in the main area. On the one hand that was cool to see, on the other hand one can't help but wonder if that's a metaphor for what these palaces are really meant for, and it doesn't revolve around "normal" clients....
That's my read as well. Which means long term probably want to shop at a House lol. This combined with some recent frustrations with my SA caused me to move my profile to a House myself.
Old 23 March 2024, 04:45 AM   #6
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

I always feel like I'm bothering someone for no reason when I go to any AP house besides my home AP house. Not sure if that's in my head or if its the staff are just like "why the F are you here?"
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 05:00 AM   #7
squall1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
On the one hand that was cool to see, on the other hand one can't help but wonder if that's a metaphor for what these palaces are really meant for, and it doesn't revolve around "normal" clients....
That would be a shame. I always felt these were set up for all clients to come in, have a nice chat about watches in a nice space, and have a coffee. Regardless of your home base.

I had a really good time doing this with my wife in NY and we will visit HK soon. For NY I made the appointment myself and indicated a clear purpose (just visiting and wanted to see the space). I asked my local boutique manager to set up the HK visit for us. Both times the requests were received warmly. Had a great visit in NY and I guess I'll report back if the HK one is any different.

The message you got from the new one is really disappointing. Not only was it discouraging this type of visit, but they clearly didn't look at your profile to understand that you didn't need any help acquiring pieces.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 06:16 AM   #8
construda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Ding ding.. I have to change my home base now that my boutique is closing, thinking about heading to one of the houses but I am very leery of this situation
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 07:42 AM   #9
Akacoke
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
I have experienced 3 AP boutiques.

Beverly hills: I've visited 4 times. Over past 5 years. All different SAs always courteous and nice. And I never made an appointment before going into this boutique. So my visits were always very short. But positive.

Las Vegas Crystal: unfortunately I don't have anything good to say about this boutique at all. Been there 3 times total over last 3 years. Never a positive vibe at all. It's kinda outrageous one time they didn't even let me in the door. An SA just poked his half body out of a partial locked door to tell me. Don't bother making an appointment we are all sold out till next year. This was June! After that whenever I'm in Vegas I don't even bother going there .

South Coast plaza: this is my boutique. although I'm not an AP owner yet. But this one is the best amongs all. My previous SA left unfortunately when they fired everyone. New SA came from panerai reached out half year later with an offering of ROO Blue diver just to introduce himself. Since then we met in person twice. Always positive between most of the SAs at this location.
Old 23 March 2024, 09:02 AM   #10
Bpan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5548BA, 16233G
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
That would be a shame. I always felt these were set up for all clients to come in, have a nice chat about watches in a nice space, and have a coffee. Regardless of your home base.

I had a really good time doing this with my wife in NY and we will visit HK soon. For NY I made the appointment myself and indicated a clear purpose (just visiting and wanted to see the space). I asked my local boutique manager to set up the HK visit for us. Both times the requests were received warmly. Had a great visit in NY and I guess I'll report back if the HK one is any different.

The message you got from the new one is really disappointing. Not only was it discouraging this type of visit, but they clearly didn't look at your profile to understand that you didn't need any help acquiring pieces.
I'm from NY, but when I was visiting HK I was able to make an appointment with the K11 AP House, and the SA I met with there was happy to show me several watches, even though I indicated that I would not be seeking any allocations. When I messaged my SA at the NY boutique to help me set up an appointment to look at watches, he did say that if I wanted to work with AP House HK I should just switch to an SA there, so I had to emphasize that I was just visiting and mostly wanted to check out the space.
Bpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 09:42 AM   #11
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by construda View Post
ding ding.. I have to change my home base now that my boutique is closing, thinking about heading to one of the houses but i am very leery of this situation
atl?
Old 23 March 2024, 11:24 AM   #12
7sins
"TRF" Member

The new LA AP House is exceptional and a nice upgrade from the BH boutique. Great space to interact with other enthusiasts and the staff is always welcoming. Been twice since it opened last year and both visits have been above reproach. Also had ~ 10 exhibition pieces to try on, which was a lovely experience, including the new 16202OR. I've been with the same SA for 7 years now, it does appear the AP Houses do get much more inventory than the boutique. My last request from AP House, a lemans ROO, which supposedly has a decent lead time, I received in 3 weeks.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 02:35 AM   #13
SpeedyTuomas
"TRF" Member

At least the AP House in London is and has been cool. No complaints.
SpeedyTuomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 11:46 AM   #14
hundreds
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
The new LA AP House is exceptional and a nice upgrade from the BH boutique. Great space to interact with other enthusiasts and the staff is always welcoming. Been twice since it opened last year and both visits have been above reproach. Also had ~ 10 exhibition pieces to try on, which was a lovely experience, including the new 16202OR. I've been with the same SA for 7 years now, it does appear the AP Houses do get much more inventory than the boutique. My last request from AP House, a lemans ROO, which supposedly has a decent lead time, I received in 3 weeks.
Did you switch SA's from the BH boutique to the LA AP House or are you building a new relationship with an AP House SA? If you switched, how did you go about that?
hundreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 12:32 PM   #15
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
I have already stop actively buying watches including AP watches for some time but do occasionally pop in to visit AP POS to see what's new. My best experience so far still is and remains to be the AP House Hong Kong where their staff are always gracious and welcoming.
Old 24 March 2024, 01:19 PM   #16
neal.jy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 26240st,26420ce
AP House in NY is my favorite. Super knowledgeable staff, really welcoming, and have been a pleasure to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
neal.jy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2024, 06:53 PM   #17
adi365
"TRF" Member

Been with my AP boutique in Geneva for years, best boutique experience of all watch brands, period.
adi365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 05:21 AM   #18
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hundreds View Post
Did you switch SA's from the BH boutique to the LA AP House or are you building a new relationship with an AP House SA? If you switched, how did you go about that?
Did not switch, my SA moved from the boutique to AP house and is the sales manager there now.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
Old 25 March 2024, 02:02 PM   #19
PreferHackingSeconds
"TRF" Member

Had a good experience with AP House K11 Musea.

Decided to walk in one weekend without a prior appointment since I was in the area. Enquired about some straps for my ROO, and the SA asked me to take a seat outside and enjoy the view. We had a lovely chat about watches and he brought some out for my partner to see. Of course he gave the usual stick with your boutique advice.

But he also mentioned that the next time I am in TST, do make an appointment and I could buy some drinks or food down to the AP house to chill. Oh and cigars too if you do.
PreferHackingSeconds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 02:30 PM   #20
squall1
"TRF" Member

Our visit to HK K11 was outstanding. Couple glasses of Champaign and a few of the new releases to try. Great space and great service.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 04:40 PM   #21
robertengel
"TRF" Member

AP Boutique Prague:

Store: In a good location, store is not huge but there is enough space to have private discussions, they seem to work on a "all customers must be attended to" basis which is my preferred but also may mean that they will ask you to wait outside if there are too many people.

Staff: Friendly with some of them being real watch guys/girls not just sellers, they are well informed and like to have discussion around the pieces once you are there, open to getting your feedback not just reading out the talking points.

Service experience: There were some issues with what the factory did regarding a service, they were proactive in fixing it and made me feel like they really meant it.

Inventory: good demo kits to show and try on

10/10 would harass them for royal oaks again!
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 06:13 PM   #22
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
a lemans ROO, which supposedly has a decent lead time, I received in 3 weeks.
Which ROO is this, I can't find anything looking for Le Mans ROO?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 06:26 PM   #23
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
Maybe an autocorrected Lebron (26420OI)?
Old 25 March 2024, 10:31 PM   #24
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I think he meant the ''gulf'' ROO. 26238st, blue dial orange hands.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 12:50 AM   #25
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
Ah, now I remember the post. You're probably right, although I may point out that as far as I can see none of the Porsche Le Mans overall winners had the Gulf livery - was Martini early on and later Rothmans
Old 26 March 2024, 11:25 AM   #26
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertengel View Post
AP Boutique Prague:

Store: In a good location, store is not huge but there is enough space to have private discussions, they seem to work on a "all customers must be attended to" basis which is my preferred but also may mean that they will ask you to wait outside if there are too many people.

Staff: Friendly with some of them being real watch guys/girls not just sellers, they are well informed and like to have discussion around the pieces once you are there, open to getting your feedback not just reading out the talking points.

Service experience: There were some issues with what the factory did regarding a service, they were proactive in fixing it and made me feel like they really meant it.

Inventory: good demo kits to show and try on

10/10 would harass them for royal oaks again!
I think I follow the manager on IG Kirill something - alwasy post cool content
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 02:12 PM   #27
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEV View Post
Quote:
Ah, now I remember the post. You're probably right, although I may point out that as far as I can see none of the Porsche Le Mans overall winners had the Gulf livery - was Martini early on and later Rothmans
I prefer le mans, after the gulf le mans Ford GT. Semantics I suppose. There are other cars out there besides Porsche

Old 26 March 2024, 02:18 PM   #28
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I prefer le mans, after the gulf le mans Ford GT. There are other cars out there besides Porsche
Got me there - when i hear Gulf livery, my mind always runs to the 917. Apologies also for contributing to the derailment of OP's thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 640px-Porsche_917K_(Gulf)_front-left_Porsche_Museum.jpg (65.3 KB, 443 views)
Old 26 March 2024, 06:58 PM   #29
Matan1993
"TRF" Member

Ap boutique in Israel tel aviv is very good and give amazing service by the sa
Matan1993 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2024, 11:41 AM   #30
RCC watches
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, OP41, AP ROO
AP House LA - really nice place. Lots of models to try on. Friendly staff. Had my wife and 6 year old with me and they were very accommodating. Also loved the private parking.

AP Boutique in Harrods - random visit while on vacation. Very friendly and kept bringing out models to try on.
RCC watches is offline   Reply With Quote