The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 24 July 2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
Omega Seamaster GMT 2538.20.00 (aka: The Great White)

Summary Data
Water resistance: 300M
Case Diameter: 41mm
Movement: Caliber 1128 automatic movement with 24 Hour GMT function
Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with AR coating (single sided)
Bezel: Bi-directional rotating GMT bezel
Bracelet: OEM stainless steel bracelet with diver's extension
Strap: OEM rubber strap with brushed SS buckle
Accessories: Full set - inner/outer boxes, COCs?warranty cards, hang tags and manual
Service History: 5-Year service performed 2/2012

Case:
Brushed stainless steel case that is 41mm diameter stainless steel case and measuring just under 12mm in height. With the thinner profile, it wears true to size for a 41mm watch - not too large to be covered by a dress shirt sleeve. Screw down caseback and crown give this watch a 300m depth rating, suitable for swimming and even diving if you are so inclined.

Bezel:
Matte aluminum GMT bezel insert with black printed numbers set in SS bi-directional bezel.

Crystal:
Domed sapphire crystal with AR coating on the inside. No AR on the outside, which is always a plus for me since I can't stand how easy they get scratched up.

Movement:
Omega in-house Caliber 1128 COSC movement with 44 hours power reserve, 23 jewels, automatic winding rotor yet hand windable as well, hacking movement, and anti-magnetic shield cover. The 24-hour hour hand can be advanced independently while the second hand continues to run, which is a big plus for traveler who likes to reset the watch without stopping the second hand to maintain accuracy.

Dial/Hands:
Large lume markers on the signature Seamaster white wave dial. Contrasting black/red printing and black/red hands really pop off the white wave dial. The hands have a bold contrasting black and red outline which make it easy to read. The center of all the hands are luminous. Date window at 3 o'clock with white wheel background and printed black number.

Strap:
For those occasions where you want to dress it down, I also purchased and am including in the sale an OEM Omega rubber strap with a stainless steel signed Omega buckle. This is what I have worn the watch on since I bought it.

Bracelet:
The watch came with the classic Omega Stainless Steel bracket. The endlinks and all the links are multiple piece solid construction, in fact you can see the underside of the bracelet has the exact treatment as the upper side. Link are held together by friction pin and collar. Solid machine milled clasp with diver's extension, perhaps one of the best diver's clasp in its price range. The clasp is rock solid and there's little to no rattle what so ever. Squeeze to release safety clasp works great, the lack of flip lock also reduce surface scratches from day to day operation.

Service History:
The watch was sent in to Al at Archer Watches last year (Feb. 2012) for its 5-year routine service. I will include the CD that includes the full photo documentation of the service process (disassembly, cleaning, reassembly, lubricating, and testing) that Al does on all his watches - spectacular documentation if you haven't seen Al's work before.

Watch Condition:
The case, bracelet and strap all show very light wear, as it has been well cared for. Normal fine swirls that would be expected in a 6 year old watch. No major dents or dings.

The largest scratch I could find with the is on the bezel at around the 16 hour mark - there is a faint scratch on the insert and a small ding on the point of the bezel near that same spot. Also, on the side of the case opposite the crown, is a faint scratch, but hardly noticeable without a loupe.

I have included a photos trying to show those minor issues but they were hard to capture. All photos in this ad were taken on 7/21 and 7/22 and the watch has been in storage since. Most of these photos were taken with a 100mm macro lens to show the best detail of the actual watch condition.

Packaging/Presentation:
Typical inner and outer Omega box, manual, Warranty / COSC cards in pocket, and hang tag. NOTE: The red presentation box has a corner of the lid that has come unglued. It lays flat, unless you pry it up as I am in the photo.

Payment:
Bankwire only.

Shipping:
Domestic insured shipping included in the sale price. International shipping at additional cost and all customs fees, import taxes, duties, etc. will be the buyer's responsibility.

Price:
$2700 USD (not interested in trades or low ball offers)

References:
I've sold a Nomos Tangomat GMT, a Tudor Date-Day Jumbo and a Casio Pathfinder on WUS, have been a moderator on another watch forum, and am currently an adviser to the management team on yet another forum. I have post counts above 10,000 on two different forums and have been a part of the watch community for many years.

Contact Info:
PM me here or e-mail me at rogerfromco (at) y a h o o (dot) c o m

Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Update / Clarification: The 3 cards included with the watch are:
1) Omega Pictograph card
2) Omega Chronometer Certification card
3) Original warranty card dated Jan 2007 from non-AD.
Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Old 26 July 2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

The lume on this watch is amazing too. Here's a camera phone shot from when I first got it.
Old 30 July 2013, 03:04 AM   #4
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Bump - Have one offer, but price is too low. One sold recently for $2150 without any B&P or recent service. Another is listed at $3k without service or the additional rubber strap. Reasonable offers considered.

Thanks - Roger
Old 2 August 2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Bump - Price reduced to $2550 USD + shipping (recent service, bracelet, strap, full set)
Old 2 August 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Icon13

On hold pending funds
Old 3 August 2013, 01:59 AM   #7
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

sold