The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 8 September 2018, 12:53 AM   #91
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
it is really getting very strange now, i suppose these are your watches. well i am a doctor and yes you could have a problem in differentiating colors...there are easy tests on the net. but honestly that would be a very seldom coiincidence. found this on the forum...a guy who apparently has seen both and he claims they are differnt ...

well i am really confused now. if these are your watches ,just out of curiosity and for my eyes to see. would you mind making a video with your phone in natural light conditions? sun and shadow both watches on your wrist? i would love to send the link to nuno from panerai and see what he has to say?

thanks a lot
I have plenty of images on my Instagram www.instagram.com/azcii

Anyways, personally I don't really care if the dial color really is different. I'm just giving you my personal opinion. :)

I'll see if I can upload a video this evening when I'm back home
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2018, 01:19 AM   #92
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azcii View Post
I have plenty of images on my Instagram www.instagram.com/azcii

Anyways, personally I don't really care if the dial color really is different. I'm just giving you my personal opinion. :)

I'll see if I can upload a video this evening when I'm back home
Thanks a lot. Please no artificial lightning.
I really want to confront Panerai with the video than.
vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2018, 01:34 AM   #93
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Please no artificial lightning.
I really want to confront Panerai with the video than.
This is getting beyond absurd. Vivicorsi, please stop already with this. Your customer service representative was misinformed. As I have explained to you a handful of times, this happens all the time. Who cares?! Just leave it.

I have confirmed from a very high level source within OP that the dials are exactly the same. No, I will not name him—it’s none of your business who my contact is.

But you just need to let this go. My friend made a comparison post for you and TOLD you that they are the same. I am telling you they are the same as confirmed by a high level source. Just accept that you are wrong; apologise for any confusion, and move on from this.
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2018, 02:10 AM   #94
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik asher View Post
This is getting beyond absurd. Vivicorsi, please stop already with this. Your customer service representative was misinformed. As I have explained to you a handful of times, this happens all the time. Who cares?! Just leave it.

I have confirmed from a very high level source within OP that the dials are exactly the same. No, I will not name him—it’s none of your business who my contact is.

But you just need to let this go. My friend made a comparison post for you and TOLD you that they are the same. I am telling you they are the same as confirmed by a high level source. Just accept that you are wrong; apologise for any confusion, and move on from this.

Just mind your own business.
I am glad he agreed to help. It is none of your business.
Old 8 September 2018, 03:11 AM   #95
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just mind your own business.
I am glad he agreed to help. It is none of your business.
You are a real idiot. Seriously, a complete idiot. He is a friend of mine and he agreed to respond because I asked him to (and now I am regretting to do so). He doesn’t want to waste his time making a video for you—are you paying him? He doesn’t work for you so get off your high horse.

You know NOTHING about Panerai. You are a poser with a 911. You didn’t even know that there are a handful of other PAMs with a 44mm case and domed crystal.

Man I can’t stand posers like you.
Old 8 September 2018, 03:40 AM   #96
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
You are a real idiot. Seriously, a complete idiot. He is a friend of mine and he agreed to respond because I asked him to (and now I am regretting to do so). He doesn’t want to waste his time making a video for you—are you paying him? He doesn’t work for you so get off your high horse.

You know NOTHING about Panerai. You are a poser with a 911. You didn’t even know that there are a handful of other PAMs with a 44mm case and domed crystal.

Man I can’t stand posers like you.
Well I won’t lose my temper like you. But agree with you that I don’t like you.

We are both grown up men who don’t need big daddy Eric to tell us what to do and if we are allowed to communicate without your permisssion.

It is none of your business if he wants to help I am glad. If not I will also accept it. But clearly we do not need your interference . He can speak for himself big daddy. Now men up and mind your business you child!
Old 8 September 2018, 04:29 AM   #97
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Erik/Vivi.

Please, no more silly or it's bye-bye.

Others, please report any further nonsense in this thread.
Old 8 September 2018, 08:13 AM   #98
Stack
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM312|AP 15400ST
So, I put in a note to two of my main people at the brand. If I get an answer I will post it here so we can hopefully end the debate lol.
Old 11 September 2018, 02:58 PM   #99
Stack
"TRF" Member

In case anyone wanted to know. I got confirmation from two different sources high up as well and from actual production that the green on the 911 is different than any of the other green dials. It’s very slight but different.

Hope that helps and we can move on and agree they are all amazing ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2018, 09:00 PM   #100
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post
In case anyone wanted to know. I got confirmation from two different sources high up as well and from actual production that the green on the 911 is different than any of the other green dials. It’s very slight but different.

Finally!! Thank you very much. So i hope we can move on from there :)
Old 11 September 2018, 11:41 PM   #101
vivicorsi
Banned

Old 12 September 2018, 12:09 AM   #102
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack View Post

That’s interesting for sure as my high level source told me they were both the same...hmmm...defintely conflicting information on this...would be interesting for us to privately reconcile this between our sources...;)
Old 12 September 2018, 12:12 AM   #103
Stack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That’s interesting for sure as my high level source told me they were both the same...hmmm...defintely conflicting information on this...would be interesting for us to privately reconcile this between our sources...;)
One of my first contacts said that it was slightly different hue of green. I asked one more and they came back and said it was the same in his eyes, but will ask higher ups. That's when he actually asked someone in the production team which told him they are different.

If I can get any more insight I definitely will share.
Old 12 September 2018, 01:19 AM   #104
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
I think Erik it would be time for an apology from your side. Not because you were wrong, but for the fact that there was no reason to call
me an idiot on a public forum as you can now see for yourself. You have also suggested that I only did this to hype the 911.

As we both want to stay on this forum i think that would be a polite an appropriate gesture from your side, as you started the insults. I have told you that I not only had one email contact but several with Panerai before they told me their official answer. Like Stack tells you now.

I am a perfectionist , and I did my research before I posted this. Just like Paneristicentral now gives you the same answer that I have given you. Only that I had to deal with all the hate from your side.
I hope we can bring this to a peaceful end now. I really hoped that people would find this information useful as I have invested quite some time to do the research. I did this because like everyone else here I am a watch enthusiast, and the level of harshness from your side Eric was quite a disappointment.
Old 12 September 2018, 02:33 AM   #105
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I think this whole debate regarding the dial color is absolutely ridiculous. "Secret sources at Panerai..." Give me a break. Honestly, no one really cares. If the color is a microshade difference it's probably a stupid unintended event rather than some novel masterplan. They look identical.

I don't think Erik is going to offer an apology, but I do think both of you might be looking at bans as the mods have said. Let it go...
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 03:13 AM   #106
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I think this whole debate regarding the dial color is absolutely ridiculous. "Secret sources at Panerai..." Give me a break. Honestly, no one really cares. If the color is a microshade difference it's probably a stupid unintended event rather than some novel masterplan. They look identical.

I don't think Erik is going to offer an apology, but I do think both of you might be looking at bans as the mods have said. Let it go...
Probably it is unimportant to the most, but coming from the Rolex side - where a difference in the typing of a number (e.g flat 4 Kermit) results in aficionados going crazy about a watch , i might have a different view on that. I don’t know how it is in the Panerai world, as I am fairly new to it.
But my intentions were just to contribute to a forum full of „crazy“watch enthusiasts. A debate is always positive and keeps a forum alive , as long as basic rules of politeness are respected.
Old 12 September 2018, 05:34 AM   #107
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
Quote:

agree 100%

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 08:26 AM   #108
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:

First, I don’t think anyone (I.e., not or Vivi) will get banned from this forum over this thread. Once the mod francioisly allowed me to explain the content, he understood and there wasn’t any problem.

Second, while this may not be important to you, one of the purposes of the forum is to have debates about the nuances of these watches. Yes i agree that this one went too far but thematically the debate makes sense, especially given that there isn’t a consensus within OP (which is interesting in and of itself).

Vivi, I apologise for calling you an “idiot”. From the very beginning, you took a controversial and badgering tone with me, instead of realizing that there are perspectives other than yours. You also accused me of calling someone a liar, which I certainly didn’t do. But with that said, Inwas defintely wrong for calling you an idiot and I do feel bad.

In any event, we may never get a definitive answer on this or maybe at some point we will, but the substance of the debate itself has value.

All good from my end and I look forward to many more (productive, as opposed to this...lol) debates on Panerai.
Old 12 September 2018, 09:07 AM   #109
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
First, I don’t think anyone (I.e., not or Vivi) will get banned from this forum over this thread. Once the mod francioisly allowed me to explain the content, he understood and there wasn’t any problem.

Second, while this may not be important to you, one of the purposes of the forum is to have debates about the nuances of these watches. Yes i agree that this one went too far but thematically the debate makes sense, especially given that there isn’t a consensus within OP (which is interesting in and of itself).

Vivi, I apologise for calling you an “idiot”. From the very beginning, you took a controversial and badgering tone with me, instead of realizing that there are perspectives other than yours. You also accused me of calling someone a liar, which I certainly didn’t do. But with that said, Inwas defintely wrong for calling you an idiot and I do feel bad.

In any event, we may never get a definitive answer on this or maybe at some point we will, but the substance of the debate itself has value.

All good from my end and I look forward to many more (productive, as opposed to this...lol) debates on Panerai.
Stand up guy and a good ending for a passionate debate
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2018, 07:09 PM   #110
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:

Hi Erik, i appreciate your apology and gladly accept it, all good.
We are all passionate about watches and slightly nuts i would say ... at least thats what the"governement" at home probably tells most of us ;)

i have to learn that the Panerai world works differenlty than the rolex world. there when you are the first to discover a Mark 2 dial with just a slight difference (sometimes only a different aligment of letters) the aficionados go crazy and you feel like a discoverer :)
Old 13 September 2018, 12:42 AM   #111
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi Erik, i appreciate your apology and gladly accept it, all good.
We are all passionate about watches and slightly nuts i would say ... at least thats what the"governement" at home probably tells most of us ;)

i have to learn that the Panerai world works differenlty than the rolex world. there when you are the first to discover a Mark 2 dial with just a slight difference (sometimes only a different aligment of letters) the aficionados go crazy and you feel like a discoverer :)
I hear you, and that’s not far off from Panerai as well. But the difference is that there are inconsistent answers amongst the people within OP so, actually absurdly, you can’t necessarily take what they say as gospel. I know it sounds crazy and it doesn’t make sense, but it’s the truth. Other than it getting a bit unnecessarily heated, it was a good and fun debate—maybe someday we will get a final answer.

In any event, it’s a gorgeous PAM and I totally respect and appreciate your passion and look forward to much more!
Old 13 September 2018, 04:31 PM   #112
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
I hear you, and that’s not far off from Panerai as well. But the difference is that there are inconsistent answers amongst the people within OP so, actually absurdly, you can’t necessarily take what they say as gospel. I know it sounds crazy and it doesn’t make sense, but it’s the truth. Other than it getting a bit unnecessarily heated, it was a good and fun debate—maybe someday we will get a final answer.

In any event, it’s a gorgeous PAM and I totally respect and appreciate your passion and look forward to much more!
Yes,i agree

i feel that Panerai for me is the perfect complement to rolex. i love the shape , the case, simplicity, crown guard. i am so excited to see the 932, however trough all the debate the 911 has grown on me. i think i did the full circle. initally bought thinking it wouldn't stay long, cause i am more the blue guy, and thought i would trade it for a pam689 or 690

than i heard about the 932. well and now i have the feeling that the 911 fits my blue outfits perfectly as you can see from the above picture. it ads contrast instead of it all beeing a blue harmony..... now i am very unsure what to do. i will have to sell one if i take the 932, but find myself thinking rolex 116600 ...dilemma dilemma.... where is the lotttery win when you need it :)
Old 13 September 2018, 08:23 PM   #113
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes,i agree

i feel that Panerai for me is the perfect complement to rolex. i love the shape , the case, simplicity, crown guard. i am so excited to see the 932, however trough all the debate the 911 has grown on me. i think i did the full circle. initally bought thinking it wouldn't stay long, cause i am more the blue guy, and thought i would trade it for a pam689 or 690

than i heard about the 932. well and now i have the feeling that the 911 fits my blue outfits perfectly as you can see from the above picture. it ads contrast instead of it all beeing a blue harmony..... now i am very unsure what to do. i will have to sell one if i take the 932, but find myself thinking rolex 116600 ...dilemma dilemma.... where is the lotttery win when you need it :)
I love how tastes evolve just through a process of learning about the PAMs!! I think the @32 is a perfect compliment to the 911 and it scratches your blue dial itch...I would definitely make the trade of the Rollie for the 932!!
Old 13 September 2018, 09:49 PM   #114
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1108nyc View Post
Stand up guy and a good ending for a passionate debate
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2018, 11:19 PM   #115
vivicorsi
Banned

Old 18 September 2018, 05:22 AM   #116
aznjackie724
"TRF" Member

beautiful watch !
aznjackie724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2018, 05:59 PM   #117
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjackie724 View Post
beautiful watch !
Thank you :)

And a future Panerai fan;)

Old 27 September 2018, 08:10 PM   #118
vivicorsi
Banned

Sotheby’s is auctioning a worn Pam911 on chrono24 . Bidding starts at 5500 euros. Estimated value 50.000-70.000!! That can only be a mistake...I guess there is a 0 too much :)
Old 27 September 2018, 10:12 PM   #119
Cru Jones
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Sotheby’s is auctioning a worn Pam911 on chrono24 . Bidding starts at 5500 euros. Estimated value 50.000-70.000!! That can only be a mistake...I guess there is a 0 too much :)

Maybe the market has heard of the slight variation in the green color of the dial?

;-)

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2018, 01:34 AM   #120
vivicorsi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Maybe the market has heard of the slight variation in the green color of the dial?

;-)

;) by ROLEX Standards that would be possible tough