The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 5 August 2019, 08:13 PM   #31
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would not set the expectation of a new watch from Harrods. They will take the watch and have it serviced and it will return running properly. As far as getting a new watch that no one has handled next time, that is not as easy as said. Unless the AD is going to hold the watch for you upon arrival ,more than likely, it will hit the display case or be in the safe and pulled out to show other customers. Inspect any item you buy but as a new watch person do not give in to a lot of what you read from other relatively new watch people who typically have very strong opinions but very little experience. Things happen, watches break. Panerai is a good company and operating out of a multi-billon dollar watch group. It will get sourted out.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 12:44 AM   #32
OJONES
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would not set the expectation of a new watch from Harrods. They will take the watch and have it serviced and it will return running properly. As far as getting a new watch that no one has handled next time, that is not as easy as said. Unless the AD is going to hold the watch for you upon arrival ,more than likely, it will hit the display case or be in the safe and pulled out to show other customers. Inspect any item you buy but as a new watch person do not give in to a lot of what you read from other relatively new watch people who typically have very strong opinions but very little experience. Things happen, watches break. Panerai is a good company and operating out of a multi-billon dollar watch group. It will get sourted out.
But that watch group is Richemont and they’ve a pitiful record when it comes to after sales service. The amount of horror stories I’ve been told across the brands is staggering. If you go on to WUS you’ll often encounter some tale of woe from IWC, JLC panerai etc. Stories where a broken watch requires multiple return to get working and excuses of use error. I say that as some who loves some of their models.

I was quite taken with the 682 and then the replaced the display back. Rumours of shoddy construction regarding water tightness or simple cost cutting abound. And now there’s the 683 with its budget movement. Which isn’t surprising when you see the new IWC pilots and their “in house” movements, lacking such exoticness as ceramic bearings!!!
OJONES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2019, 10:33 PM   #33
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My personal experience has been different than what had been reported. I have owned Panerai watches for almost 20 years and while I am not a fan of the marketing, LE/SE, loss of value and some other issues, I have never had a problem with service. I have also owned several IWC's and have had a good experience with the one service I have needed. My JLC ownership was limited to one model that never needed a service. I think the tendency is to report issues with brands and service. I also think that as watch fans our expectations are some what different than the reality we are faced with and this causes frustration and anger in most of us. I think Harrod's and Panerai will make it right.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 01:28 PM   #34
fullcourt
"TRF" Member

Watch: panerai
never had an issue with panerai service....

chgo_risti on IG
fullcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2019, 03:06 PM   #35
CanPam
"TRF" Member

Same here in over 10 years with Panerai...
Old 3 September 2019, 09:30 AM   #36
MorrisLondon
"TRF" Member

I brought my broken 683 in for repairs at Harrods today. The service so far is excellent and my watch will be send back for inspection at Panerai. Whatever the outcome may be..i’m sure Harrods will deal with the situation in a perfect way.I will keep you updated when I hear back from them.
MorrisLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 09:29 AM   #37
YoureTerrific
"TRF" Member

Tried on the PAM683 back in May and loved it. Here it is on my 7” wrist.

Old 13 October 2019, 06:44 PM   #38
matt009au
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureTerrific View Post
Tried on the PAM683 back in May and loved it. Here it is on my 7” wrist.

Looks absolutely stunning.

I like the ceramic bezel more than the steel on the 682.

15 percent off offered at my AD.
matt009au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2019, 09:14 AM   #39
matt009au
"TRF" Member

Ordered mine at the AD yesterday. Can't wait for it to arrive.
They had the old 682 as well, but it definetly wore more top heavy than the newer versions.
Old 18 October 2019, 09:25 AM   #40
wayne93117
"TRF" Member

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=703792
wayne93117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2019, 12:10 PM   #41
matt009au
"TRF" Member

Picked up my 683 on Friday.
Loving it so far. I think panerai hit a home run with this one.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
Old 31 December 2019, 08:44 AM   #42
MorrisLondon
"TRF" Member

Just got a message back from harrods that Panerai estamates the watch will be finished around Jan 20...app the bezel has a scratch on the “15 thats minor but if i want to repair it it will cost me a new bezel 1200pounds...didnt know i had a scratch on my new watch panerai!
I didnt enjoy my watch and so far it has given me nothing but stress. 5!!! Months panerai it is already taking!! Shame on you... i’m starting to wish i never bought this watch im really dissapointed in panerai.
Old 14 January 2020, 12:19 AM   #43
Bucky
"TRF" Member

How is this all turning out for you? I hope Panerai are not making you pay for the scratch on the bezel? Did you have any before photos? I made sure I took photos of my 233 before I got it serviced.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 11:39 AM   #44
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
Don't have first-hand ownership experience, but the 682 and 683 have long tempted me. I've heard only good things, and they look excellent in person.
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2020, 03:03 AM   #45
MorrisLondon
"TRF" Member

Im so upset with Panerai! I brought the watch in at Sept 2 and now they just told me its gonna take another 2,5 months to repair!! Wish I never bought this watch!!! BEWARE
Bought the watch with a scratch on it which you can only see with micro glasses....and now the give me this BS. Its in Switzerland now..and still they have to order a part that takes 5 weeks..3 weeks to assemble and 1/2 weeks to ship back to the UK. PANERAI FOR ME THE LOVE IS OVER. 7,5 Months is to long you should have given me service for a watch that breaks down that fast!! Not happy..Money back! instead they tell me its like a car..it can break down...NO! not if its new! Going to discuss this issue with Harrods and spend my money on a brand that takes its customer service serious. CANT BELIEVE I SPEND MY MONEY ON THIS WATCH!! PANARAI = OUT for me
Old 28 January 2020, 06:36 PM   #46
Bucky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisLondon View Post
Im so upset with Panerai! I brought the watch in at Sept 2 and now they just told me its gonna take another 2,5 months to repair!! Wish I never bought this watch!!! BEWARE
Bought the watch with a scratch on it which you can only see with micro glasses....and now the give me this BS. Its in Switzerland now..and still they have to order a part that takes 5 weeks..3 weeks to assemble and 1/2 weeks to ship back to the UK. PANERAI FOR ME THE LOVE IS OVER. 7,5 Months is to long you should have given me service for a watch that breaks down that fast!! Not happy..Money back! instead they tell me its like a car..it can break down...NO! not if its new! Going to discuss this issue with Harrods and spend my money on a brand that takes its customer service serious. CANT BELIEVE I SPEND MY MONEY ON THIS WATCH!! PANARAI = OUT for me
Wow, sorry to hear this drama you are having. Have you asked if you can just have your money back. Would it not have been under 30days of purchase that the fault occurred? This is not acceptable. They should have just given you a brand new watch.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2020, 09:55 PM   #47
Pte6000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT & a Jubilee
Rotors are loud on the 682
I’ve had 2 of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
I had a 682.

Love the size and weight.
A 44mm Sub with the 1950s case would be cool.

The 682 bezel does have more play than on my DSSD, and doesn't feel as refined. The 682 bezel moves in 1-min clicks vs the 1/2-min intervals of the DSSD bezel. But overall, the 682 bezel was fine.

The rotor was loud, but I didn't mind.
I had the display back and loved looking at the movement. Shame they went to the more generic Richemont movement. I liked the independent hour hand on the p.9010. Made travel easier.
Pte6000 is offline   Reply With Quote