The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 5 July 2015, 02:19 AM   #1
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Icon6 watchfinder Eglinton

traded in a Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant two tone in almost perfect condition with the exception of a Polish that it needed. Traded for cash plus a super ocean chrono when I went back hoping to trade in to a different watch in within a week
They kind of gave me the cold shoulder he's a nice guy at all but for some reason when I made an appointment to see him the store was closed he replied later to my text saying that he was at his other store and it was very busy but we had made an appointment maybe he was worried that I would ask for a full exchange but not too sure of that because he hasn't really replied to me ever since again he seems like a nice guy does anyone have any experience with John at watch winder Eglinton I wouldn't mind buying another watch but I'm not sure if I should buy from him or not please give me your opinion if anyone's has dealt with him since then I've already sold the watch privately and already bought my gmt-master to which I love. but still in the future I'd like to buy more watches should I look for another place? Many thanks to all
madmax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2015, 02:28 AM   #2
Willygallardo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP's - Rolex
I would go see Sean at yorkville.
He always hook me up.
Willygallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2015, 02:54 AM   #3
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willygallardo View Post
I would go see Sean at yorkville.
He always hook me up.
X2 Sean is a nice guy
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 08:42 PM   #4
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Bought a watch from Sean, mostly dealt with wife Michelle, excellent transaction.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2015, 11:40 AM   #5
madmax21
"TRF" Member

I'm not sure who sean is in fact at the location on Eglinton near young the guy that says he's the owner name is John I had another interaction with him yesterday, he told me that he would sell me GMT Master 2 with coke dial about 2 weeks ago for 6500 cash and now set the best price is 6700 only because I was a good customer. Sorry but this guy is full of BS. I will have to speak to Sean next time at the other location as for this guy my suggestion is to avoid him he sneaky not honest that's not a good recipe on top of it he made a fortune on my watch and this is the gratitude. my experience is he seems like an opportunist and nothing more
Old 10 August 2015, 12:43 PM   #6
madmax21
"TRF" Member

i would never recomend this retailer to any one sorry
Old 19 August 2015, 07:04 AM   #7
Maiden
"TRF" Member

I think they are under the same ownership, with Sean being the owner?
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2015, 09:23 PM   #8
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Location on Eglinton seems to have very poor customer service for some reason
Old 18 September 2015, 03:54 AM   #9
nick c
Banned

It's the brother in law that runs the eglinton store
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2015, 06:52 AM   #10
Maiden
"TRF" Member

Is the Eglington store closed now. You go on Watchfinder.ca and there is no reference to the location anymore?
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2015, 11:35 AM   #11
madmax21
"TRF" Member

No sure Eglinton location closed

I'm not too sure on that whether or not the store location on Eglinton is still open I can only speak for the type of service I received there. And it was terrible
Old 25 September 2015, 10:43 PM   #12
randomguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex OMEGA
I've only had 100% great conversations with John, and a few buys as well. I go into his store and stand around chatting for an hour on some Saturdays, and he offers me coffee and if I buy great, and if I don't no worries. I think personal ftf will change your mind about John.

Now, last time I was in was early summer, due to being busy so I am not sure if the store closed down. Sean's place moved over a few doors on Cumberland, and I think he has reopened now. J
randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2015, 08:18 AM   #13
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Well my situation was a bit different the watch that I traded in had Alot of sentimental value I didn't really realize that until I traded it in. Since he still had it I was hoping to maybe get it back and I didn't mind paying 300 or even $400 to do that instead he gave me the cold shoulder I think he stood to make more money on it than that and decided he would keep it. It's my opinion that he was a bit of a two faced type of person at the end of the day the dollar signs are what he cares about the most. And it may be a good idea to remember that. Sorry I can't respect that type of person after the coffee the small talk and the special effects make sure you don't turn around you may wind up with a sharp object coming your way lol
Old 21 October 2015, 06:10 AM   #14
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Icon9 Aka: John

I was rather surprised how he treated me too...especially when someone knows that it's sentimental value why not let the poor guy by the watch back from you it's called decency I guess he doesn't have any
Old 24 March 2016, 06:45 AM   #15
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Icon13 aka John

Quote:
Originally Posted by nresetar View Post
Is the Eglington store closed now. You go on Watchfinder.ca and there is no reference to the location anymore?
I decided to give him a second chance, and contacted him with regards to another watch he was advertising. Instead of apologizing about the situation he instead made excuses about how he was tied up at the other location.

Even though he made an appointment with me and knew I was coming to see him that morning, he didn't show up until well into the afternoon according to him. This to me is completely unacceptable on top of that he sold the watch I traded in. Even though I asked him not to and would have paid a premium to get it back to me he's completely without class.

Maybe on the surface he portrays himself as a caring type of person it's merely a front when push comes to shove his true colors unfortunately are that his only concern is a profit... at this point I will not do business with him ever again... sorry...
Old 24 March 2016, 11:48 AM   #16
woodsworth
"TRF" Member

I don't have any experience with John at the Eglinton store, however, I've dealt with Sean many times and don't have one negative thing to say. Both Sean and his wife, Michelle, are excellent people to deal with :)
woodsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2016, 12:24 PM   #17
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsworth View Post
I don't have any experience with John at the Eglinton store, however, I've dealt with Sean many times and don't have one negative thing to say. Both Sean and his wife, Michelle, are excellent people to deal with :)
I've herd that before its too bad I didn't have the opportunity to deal with Sean it may of been different. As it turned out it was a terrible experience, even worse I had a heart attack a few weeks after can't say it was because of this but I'm sure the stress of this whole thing didn't help.
Old 24 March 2016, 01:17 PM   #18
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsworth View Post
I have dealt with Sean and Michelle, more Michelle specifically and she was great, everything went as planned. I would deal with her without hesitation.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2016, 08:38 AM   #19
haven_seeker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 19018N OQ
I've dealt with Sean and he was amazing. Had the right watch at the right price, for me anyways! We made a deal over text, I drove down and picked it up next day.
haven_seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2016, 12:42 PM   #20
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haven_seeker View Post
I've dealt with Sean and he was amazing. Had the right watch at the right price, for me anyways! We made a deal over text, I drove down and picked it up next day.
Not really sure who Sean... I dealt with someone named John and frankly he was dishonest and deceitful made me wait there like an idiot frankly even though you fooling you the situation I was in and like I said previously I was willing to pay and lose money on the deal to get my watch back.

My feeling is he's only in it for the money definitely not a relationship two customers that flip watches often... the watch meant a lot to me and although I realized after the fact I'd be a mistake he was only concerned about how much money he could make on it... I hate to say it but the Trump philosophy
Old 4 June 2019, 12:07 PM   #21
Canepaf
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Ive purchased pieces from the eglinton location but i dont like dealing with sean, if
are going purchase from watchfinders deal with Ricky he is easier to deal with
Canepaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2019, 06:20 AM   #22
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canepaf View Post
Ive purchased pieces from the eglinton location but i dont like dealing with sean, if
are going purchase from watchfinders deal with Ricky he is easier to deal with
I may go by there on my holidays to pick up a watch Frankly Speaking I think they closed the Eglinton location the person running it was the brother-in-law of Sean and frankly he had a lot to learn about customer service.

I was appalled with the way he handled the whole thing I'm glad to have been told that he's no longer in Canada anyway one less Bozo to deal with I guess LOL anyway I appreciate your feedback and I will keep it in mind