The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 May 2016, 11:34 AM   #11
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
.... snip

Amazing a Rolex forum of this size and reach and a seller of used Rolex watches like Bob's and had to start an account to post. And has not been back since starting out with threatening to sue someone (for what I have no idea, giving an opinion, telling their experience). Would think this would have been a potential gold mine for them to market to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bob's had an account on TRF. "Bobs-Watches" IIRC. It's odd they didn't use that account to reply. Maybe the backroom doesn't know what the SA's are up to.

TRF is not a goldmine for places like Bob's, or Paul Duggan, or Govberg. All are brick and mortar stores with fairly high overheads and fixed online pricing All are priced 10% or more above what you what expect from a trusted seller here. Most of the long term TRFers are informed buyers with access to a network of dealers with lower overheads and more flexibility in their pricing.

I only dealt with Bob's once to sell a watch, and their offer was too low. I would have been pissed if they gave me that low ball offer, then deducted even more once they had watch in hand for these "surprise" costs. IMO, they know with certainty that they will open the watch, inspect it, pressure test it, and give it a light polish. Those costs should be built in to the initial quote.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote