The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 June 2018, 02:05 AM   #181
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Many European sourced D Bue Deepseas only say 116660 on the card. It’s quite common for RolexSA not to differentiate.
Not just in Europe.
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:06 AM   #182
zjd168
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinWatch View Post
UPDATE:
The seller, Paradiso Luxury, answered:
He said that they (Paradiso Luxury) are very sorry and that they have bought the watch as original Flat4. He feels very bad and will contact Rolex himself. After that he will contact me and promised that I will get my money back once they will get the watch and have checked it.
It seems that they have been cheated aswell and I want to believe that Paradiso Luxury did not know that it wasn’t Flat4 after all.
If this is the case, and I will get my money back, I will buy something from Paradiso Luxury just to show my support.
All kind of things might happen, you never know. If the seller was tricked, who am I to blaim them? But: The seller should doublecheck the goods that they are selling... if I would not have been this active with finding out that the watch is truly authentic.... the truth would have been hidden for years...
At this point: I am hopefull and happy. Next week I will find out what truly happens...
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great outcome! Agree this kind of "fake" is hard to spot. Only the database in Rolex can confirm either way, provided they didn't make mistake.
zjd168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:11 AM   #183
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Great news OP!!
stylinleems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:12 AM   #184
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
UPDATE:
He said that they (Paradiso Luxury) are very sorry and that they have bought the watch as original Flat4. He feels very bad and will contact Rolex himself. After that he will contact me and promised that I will get my money back once they will get the watch and have checked it.
It seems that they have been cheated aswell and I want to believe that Paradiso Luxury did not know that it wasn’t Flat4 after all.
If this is the case, and I will get my money back, I will buy something from Paradiso Luxury just to show my support.
All kind of things might happen, you never know. If the seller was tricked, who am I to blaim them? But: The seller should doublecheck the goods that they are selling... if I would not have been this active with finding out that the watch is truly authentic.... the truth would have been hidden for years...
At this point: I am hopefull and happy. Next week I will find out what truly happens...

Well IMHO its doubtful that Paradiso Luxury new anything about the franken LV of a normal 16610 sub.And if the RSC has not made a mistake and its truly a franken LV, I wonder how many more franken 16610LV are in this world today today.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:43 AM   #185
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Great news!

Yeah!🕺

FinWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 02:43 AM   #186
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinleems View Post
Great news OP!!

Yeah, thanks!

Old 22 June 2018, 02:45 AM   #187
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
UPDATE:

Fantastic news!
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:10 AM   #188
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
I am happy for you OP.
Also, you are being super nice to buy something else from them in return.
Old 22 June 2018, 03:31 AM   #189
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
UPDATE:

Great news! Glad to hear, keep us posted OP

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:38 AM   #190
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
People have got to stop being easily offended.
I think you missed his point. In this case he is Italian, it’s his culture, it’s his personal generalized assesment of certain people based on his life’s experiences.
I don’t think he said ALL Italians.
Thank you, couldn’t have said it better. I was born, raised and have lived there for almost 50 years (of which 25 between States and Italy).

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:39 AM   #191
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Wow, just read this whole thread. I initially skipped it because I am not particularly a fan of this watch, even if it's the next 6263. But once I started reading it, I was pretty intrigued.

Major kudos to OP who kept calm and cool, despite dealing with a pretty significant issue. Glad that it looks like the seller is going to make it right. There's been more than a little stereotyping on this thread which is unfortunate. Hopefully this gets settled with either a full refund from seller, or better yet, RSC realizing that the watch was fine and all parties can be happy and financially whole.
Old 22 June 2018, 03:41 AM   #192
Jizzie001
Banned

Sorry to hear that
Jizzie001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 03:46 AM   #193
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
Fantastic news!

Yeah!!! Looking good!

Old 22 June 2018, 03:47 AM   #194
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
I am happy for you OP.
Also, you are being super nice to buy something else from them in return.

Thanks!

Old 22 June 2018, 03:47 AM   #195
FinWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101031-28 View Post
Great news! Glad to hear, keep us posted OP

I will!

Old 22 June 2018, 03:48 AM   #196
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well IMHO its doubtful that Paradiso Luxury new anything about the franken LV of a normal 16610 sub.And if the RSC has not made a mistake and its truly a franken LV, I wonder how many more franken 16610LV are in this world today today.
I'm also glad the outcome went .well, yeah you are right how many franken LVs are out there?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 06:06 AM   #197
33JS
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD 50th Ann
Here's a bad flat 4. I took this picture at a UK dealers. I pointed out that the watch was too young to be a flat 4 and that the insert edges had obviously been worked with a rough file - it looked horrendous. The dealer did not want to know my concerns!!

See how close the numbers are to the bezel insert edge...
33JS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 06:31 AM   #198
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Good news Fin!

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 07:05 AM   #199
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Wow... the lesson is absolutely buy only those flat4s that are a complete set.

OP, I'm glad the seller is going to resolve this. Maybe you can get another flat 4 since you mentioned they sell many. It is certainly a great watch.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 07:22 AM   #200
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
....And its even possible the RSC has made a mistake they have made mistakes in the past.
Words of wisdom. There is no clear cut way to know how extensive Rolex's records are for the watches they've manufactured dating all the way back due to them generally not disclosing anything regarding their "company secrets"....it's the Rolex way. With the way these watches were sold back then as just 16610 on warranty cards (excluding US)....I'm not sure how close they kept track of separating the lv vs regular 16610....and if they did it's always possible a mistake could happen. I can vouch personally that I sent in a 16710 clearly with LN on the warranty card (showing a black insert) to RSC and the extended RSC warranty shows the model as 16710BLRO since I sent it in with a pepsi insert. It's not impossible somewhere records got flipped and in this case, you may never know.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:06 AM   #201
omitohud
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post

Do you have proofs? Stop being racist. If u don’t have anything valuable to add to the discussion, then don’t.

omitohud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:12 AM   #202
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
This intrigued me. I claim ignorance about most monikers tacked on to models. What is a flat four? Am I missing something?
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 08:14 AM   #203
omitohud
"TRF" Member

Well done. I hope this experience doesn’t discourage you from buying preowned. We should not let those crooks win and stole our passion. We just have to b vigilant.

Old 22 June 2018, 08:18 AM   #204
omitohud
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveo5 View Post
This intrigued me. I claim ignorance about most monikers tacked on to models. What is a flat four? Am I missing something?

Actually flat 4 is not the nickname, “Kermit” is. Black anniversary sub 16610 with green insert is called Kermit. The first year it was offered, the insert was flat 4. After the first year the insert is regular pointy 4.

Old 22 June 2018, 10:20 AM   #205
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Glad to hear this got resolved for you. At least you will get your money back. Sounds like the dealer readily accepted responsibility. I still think the dealer should thoroughly verify authenticity when they aquire the watch. Also, producing counterfeit parts can't be that hard (green anodized aluminum bezel, wide minute hand and maxi dial), especially considering the premium over the black version (not saying that's the case here). Anyways, glad it worked out. Cheers!
TickTockChuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 10:47 AM   #206
kzm40
"TRF" Member

Some years ago there were lots of similar discussions about 4 digit daytonas, with Paul Newman dials being swapped etc, and obviously as time goes on it gets harder to verify originality.

So although the watch is not as it was born, without confirmation from Rolex it would be impossible to tell if its an original LV. Its serial may be to late for it to be a flat 4, but there's no other way it could be verified.
kzm40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 11:28 AM   #207
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

OP I hope it works out for you in the end. The longer I am in this hobby, the more I want to purchase the watch brand new from an AD and this is one of the reasons.
Old 22 June 2018, 11:56 AM   #208
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
I agree.

Here's another way to look at the watch.
Perhaps the watch could be regarded more accurately as a Franken Sub 16610.
In that sense it's had a few key and rather valuable upgrades that will only go up in value given current trends.
It was after all, only born as a standard 16610.

If I were the OP, I would keep the watch and wear it in good health except for performing a Bezel insert swap back to the standard Black insert.
And put the flat "4" Kermit insert away somewhere special in very, very safe keeping. Comparatively speaking, they only ever made a few of them in the beginning and they aren't going to make any more.
There are less and less of them every day due to natural attrition and good-excellent condition examples of genuine ones will only ever go up in value.

The standard Black insert can easily be replaced at any time in the future.

It's certainly been a learning experience for all.

I suppose it's yet to be revealed if the OP is more upset that his watch is simply not entirely the genuine item.
Otherwise it's for all intents and purposes a Kermit.
Obviously Rolex don't have a problem with the watch as it's presented.
Or did the OP purchase it purely as an investment?

If the OP were to keep on the lookout for a genuine Kermit and finally secure one.
He will effectively have a handful of all the essential spare parts to maintain its originality going forward that virtually no one else in the world will have
Not even Rolex themselves
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2018, 12:08 PM   #209
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesupremedunk View Post
OP I hope it works out for you in the end. The longer I am in this hobby, the more I want to purchase the watch brand new from an AD and this is one of the reasons.
Yes, I agree entirely.

I've had my fingers singed a little over the years.
But the journey has been interesting, and I wouldn't change a thing as I enjoyed all of it at the time including each and every one of the ups and downs.
I've learnt a lot too and had a few amazing experiences along the way.
Some of which would seem absolutely incredible to all but a very few.
But true none the less
Old 22 June 2018, 12:17 PM   #210
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
Words of wisdom. There is no clear cut way to know how extensive Rolex's records are for the watches they've manufactured dating all the way back due to them generally not disclosing anything regarding their "company secrets"....it's the Rolex way. With the way these watches were sold back then as just 16610 on warranty cards (excluding US)....I'm not sure how close they kept track of separating the lv vs regular 16610....and if they did it's always possible a mistake could happen. I can vouch personally that I sent in a 16710 clearly with LN on the warranty card (showing a black insert) to RSC and the extended RSC warranty shows the model as 16710BLRO since I sent it in with a pepsi insert. It's not impossible somewhere records got flipped and in this case, you may never know.
It all depends upon the traceability of their(Rolex) records.
Obviously the traceability in the OP's case is absolutely conclusive and irrefutable.
The events to date with regard to the OP's watch will almost certainly also be recorded somewhere in their database now.

Another factor is who is doing the tracing if at all. As in your example