The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 July 2013, 01:47 AM   #61
motoikkyu
2024 Pledge Member

It's good to be celebrated for who we are. The choices we make, including our watches, define who we are. You chose a watch that reflects your ideals of quality standards, value, and beauty. When others notice, they are celebrating your choices with you, or envying you, or currying your favor, it doesn't really matter. As long as your choice is a reflection of who you are and not an apology or projection of what you think the world wants you to be, you can never be shallow or incorrect. You've made a wonderful choice, to revel in it is not a crime. Oh, and congratulations on a great timepiece!
motoikkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 01:53 AM   #62
Vipes
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
love
Damn, that WG sub is sexy! You are not helping my watch addition!
Vipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 01:55 AM   #63
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Congrats Seth....... as they say..... there is only one WG Sub...... and for me, the moment I saw it on holiday in St Tropez (of all places.....) I knew I had to have one...... So I fully understand where you're coming from.....

In terms of compliments, this is the only one of my collection which regulary gets comments..... usually just because the blue colour is so vibrant and warm and is offset so wonderfully by the cool hue of the white gold.......

But one story that I have told before but actually deserves a re-tell was at a night club in Warsaw in Poland. I was standing at the bar waiting to get a round of drinks when this vision in a very short dress appeared next to me (and I mean drop dead, jaw on the floor gorgeous).

As we waited, and while I was desperately thinking of something to say....she said "lovely watch" or words to that effect, "I haven't seen a blue Rolex before...... I remember not really knowing what to say that would be sufficiently cool or appropriate for the occasion ......... so just uttered "Oh thanks..... it's white gold..... and the only one they do in blue ".... or something like that......

Her smile (as I was kicked in the shins by my little lady) who had come over on "babe alert"........was absolutely priceless.....

DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 02:22 AM   #64
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Nothing wrong with that.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 02:47 AM   #65
JJL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red & 16622
I've never told anyone outside of my wife that I have (or wear) a Rolex - it's certainly not to seek attention. However, when I purchased my Yacht-Master, I received tons of compliments from friends and even strangers.

With that being said, it's only natural to make you happy because all of these people are just confirming what you've thought all along. The watch is GORGEOUS!

Congrats and enjoy. That might be my favorite Rolex of all.
JJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 10:10 AM   #66
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
Congrats Seth....... as they say..... there is only one WG Sub...... and for me, the moment I saw it on holiday in St Tropez (of all places.....) I knew I had to have one...... So I fully understand where you're coming from.....

In terms of compliments, this is the only one of my collection which regulary gets comments..... usually just because the blue colour is so vibrant and warm and is offset so wonderfully by the cool hue of the white gold.......

But one story that I have told before but actually deserves a re-tell was at a night club in Warsaw in Poland. I was standing at the bar waiting to get a round of drinks when this vision in a very short dress appeared next to me (and I mean drop dead, jaw on the floor gorgeous).

As we waited, and while I was desperately thinking of something to say....she said "lovely watch" or words to that effect, "I haven't seen a blue Rolex before...... I remember not really knowing what to say that would be sufficiently cool or appropriate for the occasion ......... so just uttered "Oh thanks..... it's white gold..... and the only one they do in blue ".... or something like that......

Her smile (as I was kicked in the shins by my little lady) who had come over on "babe alert"........was absolutely priceless.....

Best
Story
Ever

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 10:43 AM   #67
applebook
"TRF" Member

Congrats! I can't believe that you pulled the trigger on this one! You made the right choice.
Old 11 July 2013, 11:41 PM   #68
DiamondJack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Best
Story
Ever
Thanks Seth .... Let me know when it happens to you .... Because it will......

And enjoy that watch....... I'm wearing mine today and it's just so perfect in every way. As you know..... the blue on a summer day is just glorious.

All the best.....
DiamondJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2013, 11:47 PM   #69
mrhy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Thats the numero uno i the Rolex line
mrhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2013, 03:15 AM   #70
Ray6Chan8
"TRF" Member

Nothing shallow about this. Compliments would probably be included as a complete package together with the box, hang tags, papers, cosc tag and manual. and enjoy your beauty

Last edited by Ray6Chan8; 12 July 2013 at 03:51 AM.. Reason: Add on
Ray6Chan8 is offline   Reply With Quote