The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 11 November 2016, 12:37 AM   #31
Rolex fan 61
"TRF" Member

A good choice wear with pride and in good health
Rolex fan 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2016, 01:56 AM   #32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1655+216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloyo View Post
Hi everybody,

this is my first post here in this forum. To quickly introduce myself, I finished my PhD two years ago and now work in a Biotech company. Over the last 15 years, I alway wore a Festina Quarz watch, but now I am looking for an automatic watch. It should be versatile and should fit to a suit, but also to less formal clothes. A watch that I can wear every day. Initially, I was looking for an Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (blue dial, 2500 movement), but changed my opinion and started now to look for the Rolex Explorer 1 series.

I was thinking about either the 114270 (cheaper, easier to obtain, better movement, better glass) or the 1016 (looks better in my opinion, classic model).

Today, I visited a jeweler close-by who currently has a 1016 available. The model is from 1985/86. Unfortunately, no papers are available. The dial is original, but the hands were changed and are a little bit brighter than the dial. Is this something that will blend in over time, or will it stay like this?

The shop is asking for 5900 Euro (around 6400 USD). Is the price ok, or is it too expensive regarding the missing papers and the changed hands?

SNIP
No expert on the 1016, but €5900 seems a lot of money for a watch that has, as said before, a lot of small issues.
It seems to have had services, but papers are all missing? I would look for a 36mm version in better shape with a better history.

The 1016 is a gorgeous watch by the way:) and 36 for an explorer I is a good size! enjoy your new addition.
218225 is offline   Reply With Quote