The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 June 2011, 10:31 PM   #31
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzo View Post
Holey Moley - we own Rolex's .... we expect fantastic Quality Control in manufacture as well as service / repair and replacement components.

This would drive me insane and my eyesight would take on the function of a loupe .. everytime I look at it i would see the LEC (UPSIDE DOWN) at the 12 oclock position.

I'd take it back and ask the watchmaker to send to RSC for realignment and pressure test

Great watch though !
Yes I agree.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2011, 10:54 PM   #32
mickyvee

Watch: SS Sub 16610
I cannot see what all the fuss is about. I had my Sub for two years before I even knew it had a LEC! Even then it took me ages before I could actually see it!
mickyvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2011, 10:59 PM   #33
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Time will tell Mick...Time will tell....

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2011, 11:19 PM   #34
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyvee View Post
I cannot see what all the fuss is about. I had my Sub for two years before I even knew it had a LEC! Even then it took me ages before I could actually see it!
Exactly

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2011, 11:43 PM   #35
cpo
"TRF" Member

Here's what I learned from this. I bought this watch at a local shop, and the crystal was part of the deal. They'll want me to come back to them for service, but the lesson here is that they don't get to play with my watch anymore. I guess they failed the "how much can I tust them with mu Rolex test".

When it's time for service, it goes to an RSC. I agree I should be able to go back to them to align it...but I have to decide if I want them messing with it any more. Right now that answer is no. I'm not sure I want to send it off to an RSC, be without it for several weeks, and pay several hundred bucks to get it aligned. I'm thinking I'll wait until I'm ready to service it. My only hangup is that I am one of those folks who can see the LEC without trying too hard. Of course, regardless, it's tons better than the big scratch at 1 o' clock that caused the crystal change to begin with!
cpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2011, 12:06 AM   #36
Paracentesis
Banned

Watch: Tissot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo View Post
Should I care?
You obviously care enough to post here about it, so I would get it sorted, if I cared that much.

Whether not you should care, is a matter for a philosopher!
Paracentesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2011, 12:57 AM   #37
mickyvee

Watch: SS Sub 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo View Post
Here's what I learned from this. I bought this watch at a local shop, and the crystal was part of the deal. They'll want me to come back to them for service, but the lesson here is that they don't get to play with my watch anymore. I guess they failed the "how much can I tust them with mu Rolex test".

When it's time for service, it goes to an RSC. I agree I should be able to go back to them to align it...but I have to decide if I want them messing with it any more. Right now that answer is no. I'm not sure I want to send it off to an RSC, be without it for several weeks, and pay several hundred bucks to get it aligned. I'm thinking I'll wait until I'm ready to service it. My only hangup is that I am one of those folks who can see the LEC without trying too hard. Of course, regardless, it's tons better than the big scratch at 1 o' clock that caused the crystal change to begin with!
You must have eyes like a hawk!
mickyvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2011, 01:08 AM   #38
Chris B
"TRF" Member

Who's to say that it's a fault anyway?

Haven't seen any official specification that the LEC must be positioned at the 6 !

Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2011, 01:51 AM   #39
cpo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Haven't seen any official specification that the LEC must be positioned at the 6 !
That was actually the genesis of the question. There are many things that are clearly right or wrong. Cyclops misaligned, etc. I wasn't sure if in the official Rolex service manual (if there is such a thing) if there is a reference to how to position the LEC. I agree it makes since to have it at 6 so the crown is right side up, but for something that is technically not even supposed to be visible, is there actually a correct way vs a preferred way?
cpo is offline   Reply With Quote