The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 August 2020, 01:43 PM   #241
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

Aw, another week and the necrobump would have been a full year.

I have no problem with a TT SD (and I probably already said that in this thread last year). It's just a larger sub with a cosmetic helium-release valve. If a two-tone sub can exist, I don't see why a two-tone SD shouldn't.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 06:28 PM   #242
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
No matter what any TRF members think about the style or TT this watch will sell. Even if it doesn’t, ironically when production ceases the low numbers will have these same TRF members scrambling to get one over MSRP...such is the irony of watch collecting...
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 06:50 PM   #243
APPRF
"TRF" Member

Nice looking TT. Right up there with the TT Root Beer in my opinion. The only TT yellow gold I would consider buying from the Rolex TT collection. I like the Bluesy too, but not enough to buy it.
APPRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 07:41 PM   #244
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

Spoils a lovely design.Why do that?
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 07:58 PM   #245
Paulr1980
"TRF" Member

FYI if anyone is after one, the St Mark’s Square AD in Venice has one in the window.
Paulr1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 08:58 PM   #246
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant Park View Post
Or risk spontaneous projectile vomiting!

I didn't appreciate it until I tried it on. Then I liked it as my first and only TT.
Same here, I fancied a TT as I had not had one before and always loved the black Subc TT but I've been thru enough Subs now so this was perfect for me, top of the TTs imho, and celebrated with a top notch cigar.

AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2020, 10:15 PM   #247
Denvertimeguy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallroller View Post
Came across TTSD43. WOW. Stunning. Best looking TT out there. Massive manly classic. I thought to check the Forum and see some practical feedback. I get non-positive comments and myself do honest straight talk feedback. But 90+ % negativity is nonsensical in reasoning. Toolwatch? Sure. How many real divers out there? 1%? And if you are only using your Sub or SD for diving then you are not. So, let's face it... it is not a tool watch. It is just called that. It is a jewelry piece as any other Rolex is. Gold, Platinum etc on any 5 digit watch absolutely makes sense. Not to mention I will wear TT/p-metal in the Board room or on the beach faster than you can say steeeeel. Yes, I am buying it and am on the waiting list. Love the fact you can't see it on many wrists... maybe the best feature yet. Love subs, had it, but too common. Seen high school kids wearing it. Times changed.

Right! I was lucky enough to purchase one on the spot in Vegas just a couple months ago and it didn’t leave my wrist the whole trip! The watch sits perfectly imo if you have a slightly larger wrist and I also love the extra weight it throws around... lead me to exchange my TT Rootbeer for the full PM reference 3 weeks later. The TT Rootbeer never did it for me and it only saw wrist time maybe twice in a couple months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denvertimeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2020, 12:20 PM   #248
tallroller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denvertimeguy View Post
Right! I was lucky enough to purchase one on the spot in Vegas just a couple months ago and it didn’t leave my wrist the whole trip! The watch sits perfectly imo if you have a slightly larger wrist and I also love the extra weight it throws around... lead me to exchange my TT Rootbeer for the full PM reference 3 weeks later. The TT Rootbeer never did it for me and it only saw wrist time maybe twice in a couple months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see TTSD nice 18K middle as a ray of sunshine on a perfect watch in any imaginable way. Dwelling at sea and all.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 94495D93-871A-47B9-B5DD-795BE5334316.jpeg (275.0 KB, 109 views)
tallroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2020, 07:40 AM   #249
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
A nod to the Deepsea Special from the 1950's?

RPR_DDSzurich3-580x613.jpg

(photo from Rolex Passion Report)
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote