The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 7 August 2020, 05:29 PM   #91
Mike Barnard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
First world problems .

Sell the watch and buy another .

How much did it cost ? Stick the cost off the service on top then sell it

Don’t let this ruin your life , Mistakes happen ,I very much doubt the service team thought let’s do it on purpose and upset the guy ,

I would expect the tech has already had a good talking too and feels awful

It is a Watch wear it or sell it if it’s that awful . Just my two cents
I doubt the tech cares or even knows.

More than likely would laugh over tea and biscuits, with his/her colleagues.
Old 7 August 2020, 05:36 PM   #92
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barnard View Post

I have no answer for such a strange post?

Who drinks tea?

Old 7 August 2020, 05:41 PM   #93
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterskinner View Post
‘Don’t let this ruin your life’. Is that a joke? How about at least a little perspective in these dreadful times.
At any given time in history there are millions in dreadful times Peter.

TRF and other *Fora/Forums are where some go for release?...

*Another first world problem.

Old 7 August 2020, 06:00 PM   #94
bleighs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711 CHNR
Thanks for educating me on this subject. Bummed for you about the situation. 50% sounds more fair.
Old 7 August 2020, 10:46 PM   #95
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
The AD can do nothing, it’s not their fault whatsoever.

RSC were given a simple instruction - DO NOT POLISH.

They polished. Regardless of whether they do a good job, or an overzealous one (more likely given the work coming out of RSC of recent times).

I’m not one of those people who goes to a restaurant and gets terrible food, but then is happy suddenly when a discount is rolled out.

I’m not one of those people who buys something that’s damaged or broken, just to get something off the cost.

It’s low-grade for an establishment to assume that discount sorts things out with its clients. It’s also devaluing their own product or service. It also says a lot about someone’s standards if they are happy with getting money off something due to inferior service or goods.

I am happy to receive a discount, excellent if it comes without paying the price elsewhere as a result, but that’s not usually how things work.

I want to pay full price, but, get what I asked for. It really is very simple.

Rolex dictate enough to their clients. It’s one of the few brands who do it and have customers running back to them - both through sales, and service. When it comes to a simple instruction from a client, they need to observe it, though. Nothing more, nothing less.

Aside from all of this, given that polishing is one of the biggest taboos (whether right, or wrong) even if they were going to offer some form of discount, 20% is an insult.

I’ll make the assumption you’ve never dealt with RSC before, and given your response, it’s likely you’re not aware that the lack of following instruction certainly isn’t something new from Rolex.

The OP got the title of his thread correct; RSC FAIL.
Polishing is fine, I have no issues with it, I accept that others may prefer their watches not to be polished, we are all different and whether you have your watch polished is your decision.

In this case the OP didn't want his watch polished and stated that but unfortunately the service centre has polished it in error. The SC has apologised for their error and offered 20% off the cost of the service.

Whether I have dealt with Rolex RSC is immaterial, I have watches and they have gone to their respective service centres for a service, I asked for the watches to be polished as the watches needed to be given back a bit of sparkle that had been missing in recent years, my watches now look like new, which is great.

No one is disputing that the RSC got it wrong, they did and they have admitted it, they have apologised and given the OP a good discount of the cost of the service. What else could the RSC do once the error had been made?

What I find hilarious is your comment that Rolex dictate to their clients, why do you allow it, there are a multitude of different watch brands out there, if you don't like the way Rolex behaves go spend your money elsewhere.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Old 7 August 2020, 10:55 PM   #96
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer7 View Post
I let RSC London polish a Kermit a few years ago. I was delighted with the result which was indistinguishable from when new. This polishing (or lack of) obsession is ridiculous particularly when done properly. A bad polish, if that’s what it’s had is a different matter.
+1, getting fed up of seeing posts about never polishing a watch, utter nonsense. When my Omega came back from the OSC last year, I cancelled my order for a new Seamaster as my 10 year old one looked so damn good after the OSC had serviced it, then polished it, as a result my watch has been given a new lease of life.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Old 8 August 2020, 12:08 AM   #97
j0hnny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SD 16600, Ze
Don’t stress over this, I bet it’s only has a refinish judging by its initial condition, i bet it’ll still have all its birthmarks. Wait till you inspect and then just use it to get a discount/option to buy another watch when available/way in with the AD. It's still your watch. My watch was specific on a no polish a few months back at service, when I got it back it hadn't but I sometimes think I can detect the lightest of lightest refinishes, can't be sure but it's still covered in all its old scratches, swirls and dings, just seemed to have a fraction more gleam to it. It'll be dull again after a few months of daily beating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 August 2020, 02:59 AM   #98
Sonos
"TRF" Member

It’s just a watch why don’t you just wear it and scratch it up like normal people
Old 8 August 2020, 03:11 AM   #99
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Rolex Service Centre UK fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
Polishing is fine, I have no issues with it, I accept that others may prefer their watches not to be polished, we are all different and whether you have your watch polished is your decision.

In this case the OP didn't want his watch polished and stated that but unfortunately the service centre has polished it in error. The SC has apologised for their error and offered 20% off the cost of the service.

Whether I have dealt with Rolex RSC is immaterial, I have watches and they have gone to their respective service centres for a service, I asked for the watches to be polished as the watches needed to be given back a bit of sparkle that had been missing in recent years, my watches now look like new, which is great.

No one is disputing that the RSC got it wrong, they did and they have admitted it, they have apologised and given the OP a good discount of the cost of the service. What else could the RSC do once the error had been made?

What I find hilarious is your comment that Rolex dictate to their clients, why do you allow it, there are a multitude of different watch brands out there, if you don't like the way Rolex behaves go spend your money elsewhere.

Your post reads a lot about nothing, so I’ll be brief here.

Considering your mantra says you’re ‘learning by the day’ you need to listen in order to learn. So, instead of chatting your chat, take this as an education; Rolex do dictate, from supply to the AD’s, through to service with the end user.

When you’ve dealt with RSC, come back and talk, otherwise, Martin, silence is golden.
Old 8 August 2020, 03:13 AM   #100
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Maybe it’s time to lock this thread !
Old 8 August 2020, 03:18 AM   #101
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barnard View Post

Having used RSC U.K. many times ,I find it highly unlikely they would laugh at this mistake . It’s a mistake end off , But getting some perspective it isn’t like a medical mistake like cutting off the wrong leg 🦵 it’s a polish and tbh I would like to see a picture off the finished article
Old 8 August 2020, 03:18 AM   #102
Paul7
Banned

They ought to comp the entire service. How do they get to decide the dollar amount of damages to you? Maybe it would teach them a lesson.
Old 8 August 2020, 03:59 AM   #103
spacedinvader
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
Having used RSC U.K. many times ,I find it highly unlikely they would laugh at this mistake . It’s a mistake end off , But getting some perspective it isn’t like a medical mistake like cutting off the wrong leg 🦵 it’s a polish and tbh I would like to see a picture off the finished article
:) Agree, and have been considering the same amputation analogy while reading the thread. All the best to zen123 though, I hope he finds a suitable resolution.
Old 8 August 2020, 04:40 AM   #104
chocopeluche
"TRF" Member

Can OP post before and after pics when he gets it back ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SF, CA
Closed Thread