The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 September 2019, 05:31 AM   #1
timedate
-

fleetwood without lindsay?

it seems inconceivable that he isn't in the band anymore, i must admit, i thought it was a minor situation, and he would be back for their current tour, but he is not there anymore, not sure i would want to see them without him.

What are your thoughts?
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 05:55 AM   #2
Catatafish
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub 126610LV
It's not Fleetwood Mac anymore. There's songs that can't even be done without him. Dio replacing Ozzy. Hagar replacing Diamond Dave.

I don't like any of it. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin broke up properly. Just call it and move on. And while we're at it....I don't like my football (not futebol, the other one) teams moving cities either. It's the Houston Oilers damn it!
Catatafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 06:01 AM   #3
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

I wasn't aware there was a situation. I agree though, not the same. Watered down can't replace the real deal.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 06:22 AM   #4
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
He left the Band in the late seventies or early eighties before they took a break. This time it appears he was kicked out.

Maybe the Beatles and Led Zepplin didn't continue but other bands have. That's the way it is when you have more than just one individual and that's what a Band is a collection of individuals that sometimes eventually go their own way. Given four out of five were either married or living together and now none of them are it's amazing they were able to get back together to play live in the first place. I am sure money was a big motivator or Stevie would have strived to do more just on her own. But even money can't bind people together forever. Many examples of this when it comes to bands. Think Journey, Styx, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, etc. etc. etc.

Get over it or don't go to their concerts.

Personally of all the bands I chose to go to in the last ten years this was the only one I regretted going to. Lindsey was probably the most talented musician and live performer in that band.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 06:28 AM   #5
Brew
"TRF" Member

I guess you really can go your own way . . . .

[sorry]
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 06:31 AM   #6
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
I stopped listening to the Mac in 1975. Kiln House is my favorite.
Old 10 September 2019, 06:36 AM   #7
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
He left the Band in the late seventies or early eighties before they took a break. This time it appears he was kicked out.

Maybe the Beatles and Led Zepplin didn't continue but other bands have. That's the way it is when you have more than just one individual and that's what a Band is a collection of individuals that sometimes eventually go their own way. Given four out of five were either married or living together and now none of them are it's amazing they were able to get back together to play live in the first place. I am sure money was a big motivator or Stevie would have strived to do more just on her own. But even money can't bind people together forever. Many examples of this when it comes to bands. Think Journey, Styx, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, etc. etc. etc.

Get over it or don't go to their concerts.

Personally of all the bands I chose to go to in the last ten years this was the only one I regretted going to. Lindsey was probably the most talented musician and live performer in that band.

get over what?

its just an observation, and a talking point, nobody needs to get over anything, it's not a grieving situation,

you regretted seeing fleetwood mac? Another odd thing to say, never heard that before.
Old 10 September 2019, 06:53 AM   #8
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Some say it wasn't Fleetwood Mac after Peter Green. While I love Lindsay's vocals & guitar and wish he was still touring w/ the band, there have been enough changes over the years that FM can justify this interaction as much as any other.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 07:05 AM   #9
timedate
-

lindsay was pivotal, writer, singer and guitarist, its not like he was on the tambourine.
Old 10 September 2019, 07:08 AM   #10
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
fleetwood without lindsay?

Only Time Will Tell... The Past Was Good but the Future May Have Some Good in it As Well!

Hey, That could be a new song for them...

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 07:21 AM   #11
timedate
-

reading a review of the recent wembley show, it said, 'the animosity and rage caused by buckingham and nicks being on stage together, was no longer there, this made them appear to be a high class karaoke band' meaning it was this animosity that made them great,

i know who i would have sacked if one had to go.
Old 10 September 2019, 07:22 AM   #12
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Mick Fleetwood spends a bunch of his time at his restaurant named Fleetwoods in Lahaina, Maui.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 09:26 AM   #13
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timedate View Post
get over what?

its just an observation, and a talking point, nobody needs to get over anything, it's not a grieving situation,

you regretted seeing fleetwood mac? Another odd thing to say, never heard that before.
Yep, I regretted it. Enjoyed the few records they put out before Lindsay departed the first time. But live, they were a disappointment for me. I guess part of the problem was I was comparing them to recent concerts I went to like Bob Segar, The Eagles, and Paul McCartney. But for me Fleetwood Mac was a disappointment. I remember saying so to my wife when leaving the venue because I don't go to many of them..

Ok, don't get over it. It's just an observation as all kinds of bands go through changes. Some I've liked and some not so much. Some who are better live and some who are not. Maybe they had a bad night and maybe it was my expectations. The others lived up to it but Fleetwood Mac did not.

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 10 September 2019, 09:29 AM   #14
Dr. Robert

Watch: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Mick Fleetwood spends a bunch of his time at his restaurant named Fleetwoods in Lahaina, Maui.
How’s the food?
Old 10 September 2019, 11:01 AM   #15
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
How’s the food?
I walk by all the time but never tried it.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 01:55 PM   #16
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Grail:Bluesy
For many people, the main enjoyment in seeing a long-lived Band is seeing the individual members who have often acquired a legendary status over the years.
I felt that way when I saw The Eagles on their last Australian tour just before Glenn Frey's sad demise. It would have been worth the ticket price to me just to see all those long-term Band-members. The fact that the music was as good as ever was a huge bonus.
When you get down to one or two long-term members it is not much more than a good 'Tribute Band'.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 02:51 PM   #17
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
For many people, the main enjoyment in seeing a long-lived Band is seeing the individual members who have often acquired a legendary status over the years.
I felt that way when I saw The Eagles on their last Australian tour just before Glenn Frey's sad demise. It would have been worth the ticket price to me just to see all those long-term Band-members. The fact that the music was as good as ever was a huge bonus.
When you get down to one or two long-term members it is not much more than a good 'Tribute Band'.
Agreed, but the current lineup in Fleetwood Mac are hardly just one or two long-term members.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 11 September 2019, 03:20 PM   #18
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

No, you are right of course, Dan
I just had a look at the current line-up. I didn't realise they were all there except Lindsey.
Neil Finn is a star in his own right (Mike Campbell I'm not familiar with but is probably the same)
The Mac have been noted for some pretty lacklustre performances in the past but I would definitely part with my money for this line-up.

Foundation Member of 'Horologists Anonymous' "Hi, I'm Rocky, and I'm a Horologist..."
Old 11 September 2019, 03:37 PM   #19
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catatafish View Post
It's not Fleetwood Mac anymore. There's songs that can't even be done without him. Dio replacing Ozzy. Hagar replacing Diamond Dave.

I don't like any of it. The Beatles and Led Zeppelin broke up properly. Just call it and move on. And while we're at it....I don't like my football (not futebol, the other one) teams moving cities either. It's the Houston Oilers damn it!
Nailed it !!! Spot on ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:29 AM   #20
Jabbo84
Banned

Watch: Rolex/Piaget
Have been privileged to see them twice in concert. One was with Christine McVee. The band will be nowhere near the same without him. He is a strong vocalist and his lead guitar is irreplaceable. One of my favorite bands of all time
Jabbo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 08:49 AM   #21
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I just had a look at the current line-up. I didn't realise they were all there except Lindsey.
Neil Finn is a star in his own right (Mike Campbell I'm not familiar with but is probably the same)
The Mac have been noted for some pretty lacklustre performances in the past but I would definitely part with my money for this line-up.
Mike Campbell is an amazing guitarist and was crucial to Tom Petty's sound, IMHO. Very tasteful use & placement of notes. I love Lindsay's guitar & vocal and would prefer he was still touring. But Mike [and Neil] will not disappoint.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 12 September 2019, 08:56 AM   #22
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sounds like maybe I wasn't the only one.

Can I ask what this comment is based on?

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 12 September 2019, 05:54 PM   #23
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Dan (dddrees) I have always been a Mac fan and consequently tended to read any reviews associated with their Tours/performances. (Regrettably I have never seen them in person myself.)
Over a period of time I have read a number of reviews that suggested they were disappointing in concert. I seem to recall comments like 'unmotivated' and 'uncoordinated'.
Live performances are always a bit of a lottery and sometimes you just get them on a bad night. (worst I ever saw was Kris Kristofferson several years ago)
Wouldn't stop me going if the opportunity presents.

Old 12 September 2019, 06:26 PM   #24
timedate
-

i watched on the tube, some of the concert at wembley, in june this year, it was ok, dont get me wrong, neil finn is great, but it needed another guitarist to do what lindsay did, but then that's ok aswell,

i just wont be going, its too much of a personnel change for my entrance fee, but plenty are still sucking it up, and good for them and the band.
Old 12 September 2019, 08:44 PM   #25
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Ive seen them twice once in 77 in L.A. the other 1980 i think. ...Without him i would pass.
as pointed out VH without DLR...aint VH....Motley aint Motley without Vince....and without Lindsay its not FM.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2019, 09:21 PM   #26
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dan (dddrees) I have always been a Mac fan and consequently tended to read any reviews associated with their Tours/performances. (Regrettably I have never seen them in person myself.)
Over a period of time I have read a number of reviews that suggested they were disappointing in concert. I seem to recall comments like 'unmotivated' and 'uncoordinated'.
Live performances are always a bit of a lottery and sometimes you just get them on a bad night. (worst I ever saw was Kris Kristofferson several years ago)
By the sounds of it I thought you had based your comments on something of this nature.

Thanks,

Dan

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 12 September 2019, 10:49 PM   #27
Too Old

Saw them in 1969 when Albatross was released.
Proper Mac!!
Too Old is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2019, 04:16 AM   #28
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Old View Post
Saw them in 1969 when Albatross was released.
Proper Mac!!
bucks? where? beaconsfield?
Old 13 September 2019, 05:40 AM   #29
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
By the way I hope you get to see them one day.

Cheers,

Dan

Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Old 13 September 2019, 01:32 PM   #30
Rock
2024 Pledge Member

Looks like I missed them again, Dan. They only did 6 venues/dates in Australia, the nearest 800klms away from me which is probably why I didn't even hear about it.
Maybe next time if we all live long enough.