The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 May 2019, 07:13 PM   #1
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex-AP
Ready to buy my first ap

I am after a ap diver leaning toward to display back version but would maybe go for the older model. Noticed a few pre owned ones online seen a 2016 older version without display back for £10.5k and a 2015 model but with the display back for £13k are these good prices ? I dont know the market at all for pre owned ap
MrEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 09:11 PM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Go for a displayback only and know exactly how the mvmnt looks, and then check prices on chrono24 for an average price, anything much lower avoid as many fakes and stolen watches out there. Buy the Seller most of all and buy it in person, preferably at their store.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2019, 09:25 PM   #3
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Go for a displayback only and know exactly how the mvmnt looks, and then check prices on chrono24 for an average price, anything much lower avoid as many fakes and stolen watches out there. Buy the Seller most of all and buy it in person, preferably at their store.
Ok thank you i do prefer the display back but now thinking about price. So seen a 2015 one from a store in uk for £13k and also just got a email back from another store in uk but this watch is brand new with all stickers and its £15k so i am guessing the £13 one is a bad buy ? They have already said there can be no movement on price.
So now thinking go new for £15k or is the £13k pre owned one over priced ?
Old 8 May 2019, 09:40 PM   #4
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Prices you will have to research, but if you can afford new then I'd buy new, the AP market is strong on resale now, in the past it was not at all for Divers.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 04:04 AM   #5
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Pricing seems about right for secondary / grey.

The display back (15710) is great. The primary difference is the dial is stamped on this one vs. a turned dial on the 15703 which reportedly gives more of a ‘wet’ look.

That said I’m fully happy with the dial finish on the 15710 - the only missing out is on the AP turned dial USP as it’s really something special which they do.

It’s an amazing watch and I haven’t found an occasion yet where it doesn’t work for me.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 04:21 AM   #6
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak797 View Post
go for a displayback only and know exactly how the mvmnt looks, and then check prices on chrono24 for an average price, anything much lower avoid as many fakes and stolen watches out there. Buy the seller most of all and buy it in person, preferably at their store.
+1
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 04:36 AM   #7
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Congrats and I’d definitely spring for the one with display back.. AP movement is meant to be seen
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2019, 06:05 PM   #8
jaydav2306
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleven View Post
I am after a ap diver leaning toward to display back version but would maybe go for the older model. Noticed a few pre owned ones online seen a 2016 older version without display back for £10.5k and a 2015 model but with the display back for £13k are these good prices ? I dont know the market at all for pre owned ap
13K for display sounds about right I paid 13,950 for mine I have the silver tone dial 2017 model
jaydav2306 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 05:28 PM   #9
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

So i am now ready to buy a ap diver hopefully today. Ive decided to buy new and just wanted to ask, ive seen a few i am going to call this morning.
What sort of discount should i push for ? Ideally i would love 20% off but not sure if this is realistic? Place i was talking to last week offer the watch just over 10% in a email so think if i call this morning ready to pay over the phone hes going to maybe do better ?
Old 15 May 2019, 09:23 PM   #10
Burlington
"TRF" Member

10% can’t be considered bad in the current climate. Maybe ask for 15% and be happy to split the difference.

Congratulations in advance !

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 11:11 PM   #11
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
15703 from trusted seller so you don't have to worry about fakes. Prefer the dial to what is on the 15710.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 11:15 PM   #12
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

I am 100% set on the 15710st been offerd. 2017 almost new with no visible marks for £12,300 vs brand new £15,000 thinking about the pre owned now. What people thinks best deal ?