The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 April 2019, 02:12 AM   #361
FrontHeadlock
"TRF" Member

Everyone give Tudor a break. A date is a pretty sophisticated complication, so some kinks are to be expected.
FrontHeadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 03:34 PM   #362
EMboss
"TRF" Member

The date wheel issues occurred 6 months after my purchase. Sent it into RSC once and got it back within 2 weeks claiming a new movement was changed. It happens 3 days after i collected the watch back. I went back to RSC and was told to wait for 3 months before new movement comes. Decided not to leave the watch there and will get them to give me a call to drop by when new movement is available.

Not a pleasant experience but glad to have the gmt back for now.
EMboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2019, 10:11 PM   #363
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Honestly at this point Tudor should just stop selling this watch.

Its making them lose face among many collectors and there is no point denying the fault now everyone and i mean everyone in the watch game knows about it now.

Its not like the DD40 where Rolex quickly and quietly fixed all releases plus the DD40 is not a big seller like this simply because of the price point.

At this stage Tudor managers or whoever in charge really need to sort this out and get their act together.

How about burning at the stake after being drawn and quartered?

A little extreme don’t you think? By your rationale, Patek would have stopped selling all watches with a 324 caliber because of similar issues just after introduction.

It’s a PIA but entirely fixable. Not a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2019, 10:44 AM   #364
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
Sent mine off last weekend. Now I wait...
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 09:31 PM   #365
timvbs
"TRF" Member

My GMT has been having issues with the date complication as well. Changes perfectly some days others it's 1.5 days or 2 days. Dropping it off today.
timvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 09:54 PM   #366
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Can you let us know when you got them. It send December production forward were corrected but I would like to narrow it down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 09:55 PM   #367
timvbs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
Can you let us know when you got them. It send December production forward were corrected but I would like to narrow it down.

July 2018
timvbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 10:17 PM   #368
jrod721
"TRF" Member

I wish this weren’t the topic of my first post, but I picked up my Tudor GMT from a local AD on April 4. Noticed that the date was stuck 1.5 days ahead this past weekend and sent it in. Guess I’d rather have this happen sooner than later? Looking forward to having it back on my wrist!
jrod721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 10:22 PM   #369
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
What irritates me the most about this whole thing is that Tudor knowingly had a problem and knew/knows they still have watches out there to be sold with the problem. Why didn't they just have all the existing watches shipped back to them BEFORE they got sold to the public. If a new vehicle had a defect, they wouldn't just keep selling them, they would do everything they could to fix the issue before allowing it to be purchased and damage their corporate name and image. I love Tudor but disapointed in them. So far I haven't had the problem, but who knows...
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 11:44 PM   #370
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
What irritates me the most about this whole thing is that Tudor knowingly had a problem and knew/knows they still have watches out there to be sold with the problem. Why didn't they just have all the existing watches shipped back to them BEFORE they got sold to the public. If a new vehicle had a defect, they wouldn't just keep selling them, they would do everything they could to fix the issue before allowing it to be purchased and damage their corporate name and image. I love Tudor but disapointed in them. So far I haven't had the problem, but who knows...
Agree 100% - the way Tudor is handling this issue by waiting for returns and complaints AFTER knowing for well over 12 months reflects quite badly now.

They should stop selling this watch and get all unsold stock sent back until its all fixed. Very very disappointing to see brand new watches still having problems even after knowing how wide spread it is and the timelines now is not even funny.

If this was someone's first real luxury watch purchase it would 100% sour their view on the brand.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2019, 11:54 PM   #371
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
I would agree if these watches were under constant production. According to a recent article touring the Tudor facilities the movements are made on a needed basis only, no extra stock sitting around for the future.

Also, we don't know what percentage of movements have this issue. Everyone assumes it's every movement and anecdotal evidence might erroneously suggest that. However, real numbers might reveal a different story.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2019, 12:08 AM   #372
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
I would agree if these watches were under constant production. According to a recent article touring the Tudor facilities the movements are made on a needed basis only, no extra stock sitting around for the future.

Also, we don't know what percentage of movements have this issue. Everyone assumes it's every movement and anecdotal evidence might erroneously suggest that. However, real numbers might reveal a different story.
dP
Well there are better ways they could handle it, even if they don't want to recall all stock from the AD. They could:

#1 - Address the issue! Put a notice right on the front page of their website noting the problem, apologizing for the problem, and giving an 800 # to notify them directly of any issue

#2 - Don't make me go to the AD to return the watch. For many of us (including me) our AD can be an hour or more drive to get to. An overnight pre-paid FedEx box should be at our door the NEXT DAY after notifying Tudor that we have a watch with the issue

#3 - Fast track the watch to be repaired. This should be a priority over everything else Tudor has going on at the service center. It should go right to the top. It should be fixed and overnighted DIRECTLY back to the owner as quickly as possible.

#4 - The owner should be notified directly by Tudor all along the process of repair. Updates on receiving the watch, estimate on time, updates while the watch is being serviced, and finally an update when the watch is returned.

#5 - And finally some sort of compensation to the owners of the affected watches. I don't need a visa card or anything, just some sort of give back to the owners for their wasted time. Something that says we are sorry, we thank you for being our customer, and we are determined to not let something like this happen again.

That's all I am saying. Like I said, so far no issues with my GMT, but I'm irritated for all the folks here who have been dealing with this. Not right the way Tudor has handled this at all IMO
Old 25 April 2019, 12:19 AM   #373
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well there are better ways they could handle it, even if they don't want to recall all stock from the AD. They could:

#1 - Address the issue! Put a notice right on the front page of their website noting the problem, apologizing for the problem, and giving an 800 # to notify them directly of any issue

#2 - Don't make me go to the AD to return the watch. For many of us (including me) our AD can be an hour or more drive to get to. An overnight pre-paid FedEx box should be at our door the NEXT DAY after notifying Tudor that we have a watch with the issue

#3 - Fast track the watch to be repaired. This should be a priority over everything else Tudor has going on at the service center. It should go right to the top. It should be fixed and overnighted DIRECTLY back to the owner as quickly as possible.

#4 - The owner should be notified directly by Tudor all along the process of repair. Updates on receiving the watch, estimate on time, updates while the watch is being serviced, and finally an update when the watch is returned.

#5 - And finally some sort of compensation to the owners of the affected watches. I don't need a visa card or anything, just some sort of give back to the owners for their wasted time. Something that says we are sorry, we thank you for being our customer, and we are determined to not let something like this happen again.

That's all I am saying. Like I said, so far no issues with my GMT, but I'm irritated for all the folks here who have been dealing with this. Not right the way Tudor has handled this at all IMO
Can't argue it could be handled better. Just saying it's hard for us to determine Tudors best response without knowing all the details. And we ain't ever gonna know all the details.

For example, if the date issue represents 30% of all Tudor GMTs it makes no sense to do a blanket statement on their website. However, given the scenario above, it would be important for ADs to be knowledgable about this or any other given issue to inform the buyer. But again, we'll never know the complete story.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 27 April 2019, 01:21 PM   #374
Droolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG SeaQ Pano date
Quote:

July 2018
Droolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 05:49 AM   #375
douglas225
"TRF" Member

I absolutely love this GMT. The date function seems to be working good on mine but only owned for about three weeks; however, I am losing approximately eight seconds per day. What are the rest of you experiencing?
douglas225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 06:41 AM   #376
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas225 View Post
I am losing approximately eight seconds per day. What are the rest of you experiencing?
I'm about +1 a day coming up on about a year of ownership. - 8 might be an outlier haven't heard anyone else that far off.
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 06:57 AM   #377
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas225 View Post
I absolutely love this GMT. The date function seems to be working good on mine but only owned for about three weeks; however, I am losing approximately eight seconds per day. What are the rest of you experiencing?
Mine is the most accurate watch I own. -0.9 sec last time I checked. Better than my two Rolexes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Old 19 May 2019, 09:17 PM   #378
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

My Tudor GMT remains the most accurate watch I've owned, running spot on against the atomic clock. Could not be happier with it's performance. No date issue as well.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Old 19 May 2019, 10:17 PM   #379
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My Tudor GMT runs about 2-4 seconds slow a day depending on if I wear it or not. I have no date issues and would not know if I did as I am never up at midnight.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 03:44 AM   #380
Zackwheat
"TRF" Member

I had no issues for 9 months, then, after changing the time zone while traveling from 12:30am to 11:30pm, I had several consecutive days in which the date jumped two days at midnight.

I tried multiple possible solutions found in forums, but they didn’t work. I was going to live with it until I had a chance to send it in for service, but now it started working normally again.

Has anyone experienced the date problems, then have them go away? I still plan to send mine in while under warranty, but I’m waiting a few weeks after I no longer do a lot of traveling between time zones.
Zackwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 07:04 AM   #381
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Maybe give them then NATO and rubber strap for free like they used to do.

GreatScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 07:32 AM   #382
I_am_Ned
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackwheat View Post

Has anyone experienced the date problems, then have them go away? I still plan to send mine in while under warranty, but I’m waiting a few weeks after I no longer do a lot of traveling between time zones.

I’ve had mine since June 2018. No issues and highly accurate. On January 25, 2019, I had the date issue. Adjusted it to correct date. Haven’t had an issue since. If it occurs once a year I’ll be fine with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I_am_Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:09 AM   #383
tabs2000
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710BLNR, 79220N
I bought mine mid March 2019 and I have noticed the date will be a day ahead of what it should be. I wrote it off to not being set right and did not give it a second thought. Now I’m curious and will be paying attention. I rotate different watches but I will wear this all week and see what happens with the date.

I had zero clue this was an issue when I bought the watch. I love this piece it’s a great watch.

tabs2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:22 AM   #384
173rdabn
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 216570 Explorer II
Read several months ago that the early GMTs had a date problem. Writer said he sent it to RSC and they replaced the movement. I can't verify the accuracy, it's something I read on a sales forum. The watch was for sale and the seller noted the issue and repair.
173rdabn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 10:21 PM   #385
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe give them then NATO and rubber strap for free like they used to do.

I actually think that is a great idea. They could just do it as a Tudor gift card for whatever the cost of a new NATO strap is (so that folks who bought the watch on nato aren't left out).

Too bad they will never do it. They obviously prefer to keep this whole thing as quiet as possible it seems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk
Old 20 May 2019, 10:25 PM   #386
Dsmith1974
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40
I read here it was a common design fault on older Tudor GMTs.
Dsmith1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 11:26 PM   #387
Tepeter1
"TRF" Member

Purchased mine in June of 2018. I absolutely love the watch but it is time to get it repaired. I began tracking the failures when they first started and this morning represents the 90th day of data if you include the day before the first failure. I don’t really see any pattern or consistency in the failure which surprised me being that the watch is mechanical. I have worn this watch every day during the period above and it was on a winder all but two nights. Above are the results.

Tepeter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 01:39 AM   #388
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepeter1 View Post
[IMG]Purchased mine in June of 2018. I absolutely love the watch but it is time to get it repaired. I began tracking the failures when they first started and this morning represents the 90th day of data if you include the day before the first failure. I don’t really see any pattern or consistency in the failure which surprised me being that the watch is mechanical. I have worn this watch every day during the period above and it was on a winder all but two nights. Above are the results.
Yep time to send it in. Yours is one of the earlier ones. Sucks to be without it but let them take care of it.
Old 22 May 2019, 01:54 AM   #389
AntoMeRolexPassion
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuey38 View Post
Two mornings in a row now the gmt has seemed to advance an extra half date on the date window leaving it caught between two numbers when I wake up at around 7am.

E.G. this morning as per the pic it should have been 10 but is in fact halfway between 10 and 11.

If I advance it manually thru two or three date changes it’s fine so this must be an overnight thing.

Any ideas anyone please?

I’ll try to do a time lapse on it tonight to see when it happens.
Here in Italy it happened on many watches. In Tudor they say it is a problem caused by too much lubrication in the factory and can be solved by washing the mechanics and reassembling it after it has been properly lubricated
AntoMeRolexPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2019, 04:07 PM   #390
Gary G
"TRF" Member

Approx 7 weeks later, mine is ready to be collected, had to wait for a part. Hoping all is perfect! Just been back through this thread and seen the watch with dinged up hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary G View Post

Just sent mine off for repair when picking up the Rolex

Gary G is offline   Reply With Quote