The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 May 2019, 03:32 AM   #181
Jundi3391
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruddiger View Post
Howdy,

While I suspect I'll get flamed for this, I nonetheless felt compelled to offer my opinion. Certainly your mileage will vary so take this as you wish as we all know what opinions are like, mine included. Please also note that I am not trying to pick a fight with the OP as that's not what makes this forum the wonderful place that it is.

While I totally get the whole "don't hate the player, hate the game" argument that defines the current bubble and the desire to flip for profit, and while I fully recognize that it's a free country and we all can do whatever we wish with the watches we buy, I do have a problem with this sale. Note, however, that my problem is with the AD.

First, shame on Sheiban's. There are reputable ADs in the Cleveland area. Clearly they are NOT one of them. Any dealer that has a watch on hold for another customer, regardless of their high roller status, should honor that commitment.

Reneging on a deal because someone doesn't answer the phone is bush-league plain and simple. As is having a wait list you're happy to disregard when it suits you. Clearly their word means nothing and I hope all of their customers who read this remember that as they have other options in the area.

Secondly, there was ZERO reason to sell two very hot watches that sell themselves at full retail, in order to move a PM watch that they could have sold at a discount regardless, particularly a model that may move slower like a PM DD40. This isn't like bundling a slow selling Yacht Master and a Datejust as a condition of allowing a customer to buy a new Daytona. Note, that too would be unethical, but at least there would be some financial logic behind.

They could have done that discounted deal on the PM model anytime without screwing over existing customers. Nor was there any rush to sell two hot models that they likely get calls for every day. This isn't the case of an AD selling Rolex to greys out the back door. This is an AD selling them out the front door, likely knowing full well what was inevitably going to happen.

Third, for ever person who pats the OP on the back for taking the deal (which arguable isn't that great a deal since he paid full retail for two hot watches that couldn't be sold above retail and got a discount on a slow selling model), please remember threads like this the next time you go into your AD and can't buy the watch you want. This is exactly why things like that happen.

Clearly, the AD had to know this was more than likely a flipping situation, even if it's only one watch that gets flipped. Obviously, they didn't care. Nor did they care about breaking a commitment to the customer the Daytona was on hold for, or for the people on the wait list, all of which were lied to in the interests of a quick and easily had sale.

One can only hope that their Rolex rep, in an environment where AD's are losing the brand for reasons less outrageous than these shady antics, notices this type of behavior by their so called AD. I can only hope their loyal customers do as well as clearly that loyalty is a one way street. On that note kudos to the OP for identifying them by name, although I suspect the AD is less than enthused to have the truth be know in such a public fashion (karma is indeed real).

Finally, to the OP, I wouldn't pat yourself too hard on the back for getting to the front of the line on a BLNR or a BLRO, with a dealer that is all too willing to screw over another high roller who had the misfortune of not answering their phone at an inopportune time. It's like someone bragging about the chastity of their new girlfriend who they happened to seduce while she was working at the strip club.....good luck with that.

Again, it's a free country and people are free to do what they wish. Flipping a watch (or two, or three) for a profit certainly is not a crime. Nor is it a crime for an AD to sell whatever they want to whoever they want. But I don't see it as something that we should celebrate as a great deal, particularly when its this type of speculative euphoria that has made the market, and so many of the recent speculative forum posts, our new unpleasant reality.

Take care and flame away,

Ruddiger

Well spoken. Agree to disagree. However, Much respect for you. Cleveland rocks!
Jundi3391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:11 AM   #182
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Howdy,

While I suspect I'll get flamed for this, I nonetheless felt compelled to offer my opinion. Certainly your mileage will vary so take this as you wish as we all know what opinions are like, mine included. Please also note that I am not trying to pick a fight with the OP as that's not what makes this forum the wonderful place that it is.

While I totally get the whole "don't hate the player, hate the game" argument that defines the current bubble and the desire to flip for profit, and while I fully recognize that it's a free country and we all can do whatever we wish with the watches we buy, I do have a problem with this sale. Note, however, that my problem is with the AD.

First, shame on Sheiban's. There are reputable ADs in the Cleveland area. Clearly they are NOT one of them. Any dealer that has a watch on hold for another customer, regardless of their high roller status, should honor that commitment.

Reneging on a deal because someone doesn't answer the phone is bush-league plain and simple. As is having a wait list you're happy to disregard when it suits you. Clearly their word means nothing and I hope all of their customers who read this remember that as they have other options in the area.

Secondly, there was ZERO reason to sell two very hot watches that sell themselves at full retail, in order to move a PM watch that they could have sold at a discount regardless, particularly a model that may move slower like a PM DD40. This isn't like bundling a slow selling Yacht Master and a Datejust as a condition of allowing a customer to buy a new Daytona. Note, that too would be unethical, but at least there would be some financial logic behind.

They could have done that discounted deal on the PM model anytime without screwing over existing customers. Nor was there any rush to sell two hot models that they likely get calls for every day. This isn't the case of an AD selling Rolex to greys out the back door. This is an AD selling them out the front door, likely knowing full well what was inevitably going to happen.

Third, for ever person who pats the OP on the back for taking the deal (which arguable isn't that great a deal since he paid full retail for two hot watches that couldn't be sold above retail and got a discount on a slow selling model), please remember threads like this the next time you go into your AD and can't buy the watch you want. This is exactly why things like that happen.

Clearly, the AD had to know this was more than likely a flipping situation, even if it's only one watch that gets flipped. Obviously, they didn't care. Nor did they care about breaking a commitment to the customer the Daytona was on hold for, or for the people on the wait list, all of which were lied to in the interests of a quick and easily had sale.

One can only hope that their Rolex rep, in an environment where AD's are losing the brand for reasons less outrageous than these shady antics, notices this type of behavior by their so called AD. I can only hope their loyal customers do as well as clearly that loyalty is a one way street. On that note kudos to the OP for identifying them by name, although I suspect the AD is less than enthused to have the truth be know in such a public fashion (karma is indeed real).

Finally, to the OP, I wouldn't pat yourself too hard on the back for getting to the front of the line on a BLNR or a BLRO, with a dealer that is all too willing to screw over another high roller who had the misfortune of not answering their phone at an inopportune time. It's like someone bragging about the chastity of their new girlfriend who they happened to seduce while she was working at the strip club.....good luck with that.

Again, it's a free country and people are free to do what they wish. Flipping a watch (or two, or three) for a profit certainly is not a crime. Nor is it a crime for an AD to sell whatever they want to whoever they want. But I don't see it as something that we should celebrate as a great deal, particularly when its this type of speculative euphoria that has made the market, and so many of the recent speculative forum posts, our new unpleasant reality.

Take care and flame away,

Ruddiger

This is all based on the fact that there was actually another "high roller" customer that watch was earmarked for. There probably wasn't. That was the dealers way of letting OP down lightly before finding out that OP was willing to bundle.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2019, 04:19 AM   #183
Little machines
"TRF" Member

Great choice home run
Little machines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 12:45 AM   #184
Fitz The Barber
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Haters as far as the eye can see.

Keep doing your thing OP!
Fitz The Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 06:40 AM   #185
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:

This is the part I don't get either. The AD isn't really moving any dogs in this bundle. One extremely hot watch, another hot watch, and a third decently popular watch. Shocked the AD did this bundle. And with a discount on one of them.
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 06:45 AM   #186
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
OP, I am curious, since you announced this deal and the specific AD, are you worried about them not selling you watches anymore? Curious, since you mentioned still wanting to buy a BLRO or BLNR.

It looks like some of the Cleveland locals are posting here and unhappy. You can bet someone reading this will say something to the store. Maybe someone on the list for that Daytona or CHNR...
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 07:15 AM   #187
Sheiban_Jewelers
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jundi3391 View Post
Sheiban
Hello,

My name is Chris Sheiban with Sheiban Jewelers, and I would like to start by saying the watches stated above by Jundi3391 were not purchased at Sheiban Jewelers. This is a direct insult to our establishment and everything we stand for. We have not, nor will we ever "bundle" Rolex watches or prioritize a client ahead of others because of a multi-purchase offer.

To Jundi3391, we do not appreciate the slandering of our company in your post and it is a defamation of our character.
Sheiban_Jewelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:27 AM   #188
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiban_Jewelers View Post
Hello,

My name is Chris Sheiban with Sheiban Jewelers, and I would like to start by saying the watches stated above by Jundi3391 were not purchased at Sheiban Jewelers. This is a direct insult to our establishment and everything we stand for. We have not, nor will we ever "bundle" Rolex watches or prioritize a client ahead of others because of a multi-purchase offer.

To Jundi3391, we do not appreciate the slandering of our company in your post and it is a defamation of our character.

This would explain a lot.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:28 AM   #189
pepsiretail
Banned

Quote:
Hello,

The plot thickens...
pepsiretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:34 AM   #190
OliverTwist
"TRF" Member

Wow. Love that the dealer had the courage to come here and defend himself against a liar. Sheiban you rock!
OliverTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:34 AM   #191
Iowa 73
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116503
If the deal was indeed as stated, I would say it was a fair deal. I was offered 20% off on a new DD without buying anything else, so that is pretty much on the table at any time.
Old 22 May 2019, 08:35 AM   #192
c0deman99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
A receipt and warranty card would have a lot of value at this point...

Daytona
c0deman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:47 AM   #193
pepsiretail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0deman99 View Post
A receipt and warranty card would have a lot of value at this point...
Produce the papers Jundi3391! Mr. Sheiban has called you out...

"Come out and play" The Offspring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU
Old 22 May 2019, 08:49 AM   #194
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Hello,

Interesting. Care to elaborate, OP?

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 08:59 AM   #195
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

subscribed and getting the popcorn...
Old 22 May 2019, 09:00 AM   #196
Adam Brian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwatching View Post
subscribed and getting the popcorn...
Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Adam Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:01 AM   #197
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Shots fired!

I want to know what car that in the first pic where your lady was holding the wheel. I’m guessing Malibu
Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:11 AM   #198
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Jeez.
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:14 AM   #199
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

Wow, this is has really taken an unexpected turn!

Someone is obviously lying. Should we start a poll?
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:14 AM   #200
Steerpike999
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
Is this just a clever way to sell a watch?
Steerpike999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:15 AM   #201
SWISSAHOLICS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Oh boy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg awkward.jpg (47.4 KB, 634 views)

"The one thing I fear most is time; time waits for no one and leaves no options."
SWISSAHOLICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:15 AM   #202
ndrs63
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jundi3391 View Post
First, there’s no way a ceramic white dial goes less than 23. But at 22-23k you will lose money on it years to come. Let’s say I sell CHNR for 16k and the DD40 for 26k which we can all agree are low ball. Thats 42k. I spent 58k at the ad. A difference of 16k for a Daytona white dial ceramic plus a relationship with an AD for other hot pieces.

OR buy a Daytona on grey market for 22-23k.

You are correct. No doubt, you did an excellent deal. If you don’t mind having your cash tied up while selling, there is no way you would do a better deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ndrs63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:22 AM   #203
pepsiretail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrs63 View Post
You are correct. No doubt, you did an excellent deal. If you don’t mind having your cash tied up while selling, there is no way you would do a better deal

We are way past this.

Mr. Sheiban has called him out!

Come out and Play Jundi3391

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jOk8dk-qaU
Old 22 May 2019, 09:22 AM   #204
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Got lucky at my AD

Well, well...
I don’t see this ending happily....

The CHNR is OHPF but it’s card is begging to be “un-redacted” more than the Mueller report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:26 AM   #205
trelane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Apple Series 1
Quote:
Hello,

Movado Museum Sport
trelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:27 AM   #206
c0deman99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Also, someone could have hurried and created that profile to start this controversery. Would be kind of comical I guess.

Daytona
c0deman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:32 AM   #207
Zoomerang
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126600
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0deman99 View Post
Also, someone could have hurried and created that profile to start this controversery. Would be kind of comical I guess.
If that was the case, the OP could simply produce the receipt from that jeweler to prove him wrong..

OP ball is in your court!
Zoomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:34 AM   #208
Tha Baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang View Post
If that was the case, the OP could simply produce the receipt from that jeweler to prove him wrong..

OP ball is in your court!
Stirring the pot is stirring the pot...

OP has the CHNR for sale with a warranty card dated 5/15/19. Blacked out AD and name. The un blacked out pic should be readily available.

I’m inclined to think the sheiban account is a fake one.
Tha Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 09:44 AM   #209
pepsiretail
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Baron View Post
Stirring the pot is stirring the pot...

OP has the CHNR for sale with a warranty card dated 5/15/19. Blacked out AD and name. The un blacked out pic should be readily available.

I’m inclined to think the sheiban account is a fake one.
They closed at 6:00 p.m so not possible to confirm.

Unless, if anyone out there has the cell number of the staff or owners?
Old 22 May 2019, 09:49 AM   #210
ahlee00023
"TRF" Member

What's with all the critical comments? Op's main priority was getting the Daytona. He's also keeping the DD (20% discounted) cause he likes it and can afford it. He won't have any issues moving the CHNR at cost.

In the end, he ended up getting two awesome pieces at, and below msrp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk