The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 May 2019, 04:24 AM   #31
emt1581
"TRF" Member

At this point I've found the watch I'm going to most likely purchase tonight (pending a few pics of some "scuffs"). It's a LNIB blue dialed DJ that's just a little over a year old and will have 3.5yrs Rolex warranty and an additional 5yr AD warranty. Plus I'm adding it to my homeowners for redundancy and because I can be abusive/careless at times.

I've spoken to the seller who originally PM'd me here and, without sharing any identifying information, I'm comfortable pulling the trigger based on what I know and was able to confirm from the AD it was purchased from and seller. I'm also buying through Paypal using my credit card for added insurance. Yes I'll pay 3% to Paypal but I get 2% back from my card...so it's a lot of peace of mind for only a few extra dollars.

I do appreciate the replies. They made me consider things I otherwise may have overlooked. Hopefully it'll be here Thursday and I can get some pics up.

Thanks again!
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 02:33 PM   #32
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
At this point I've found the watch I'm going to most likely purchase tonight (pending a few pics of some "scuffs"). It's a LNIB blue dialed DJ that's just a little over a year old and will have 3.5yrs Rolex warranty and an additional 5yr AD warranty. Plus I'm adding it to my homeowners for redundancy and because I can be abusive/careless at times.

I've spoken to the seller who originally PM'd me here and, without sharing any identifying information, I'm comfortable pulling the trigger based on what I know and was able to confirm from the AD it was purchased from and seller. I'm also buying through Paypal using my credit card for added insurance. Yes I'll pay 3% to Paypal but I get 2% back from my card...so it's a lot of peace of mind for only a few extra dollars.

I do appreciate the replies. They made me consider things I otherwise may have overlooked. Hopefully it'll be here Thursday and I can get some pics up.

Thanks again!

Good luck and post pics when you get it!
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 02:50 PM   #33
champ74
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
I am not giving a potential buyer my driver license or my work email / work number.

Some loony buys the watch, has buyers remorse, and then shows up at my house. Ya, no thanks.

Go ahead, ask DavidSW, or another trusted seller, for a pic of their current and updated driver license before purchasing. See if they say yes to that.. No way they are giving out their home address.
champ74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 02:54 PM   #34
champ74
Banned

Don't forget to fill us in when you get it...Pics
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post

Thanks again!
champ74 is offline   Reply With Quote