The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 2 August 2020, 01:05 AM   #1
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Ever heard of white balance? Don’t know whether the watch is genuine, but I know the colors say more about how the camera that captured that shot works than about the watch...
This question is bothering me now. Nick was banned because of that and he was a great member that I miss a lot, so if you don't mind OP, and please don't get me wrong, also if you bought your watch at an AD it's all good and I'm sorry, but would you mind posting a closer picture?

I'm not an expert on this watch, in fact I'm not an expert on anything and all I know is the watch is square with blue or white stripes on the dial and has a date that desperately needs a diet to fit that window properly, but I'm sure other members will be able to give their opinion and we can put that doubt to rest.

Would you be kind enough to post another picture OP?
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 01:19 AM   #2
Bmw1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
This question is bothering me now. Nick was banned because of that and he was a great member that I miss a lot, so if you don't mind OP, and please don't get me wrong, also if you bought your watch at an AD it's all good and I'm sorry, but would you mind posting a closer picture?

I'm not an expert on this watch, in fact I'm not an expert on anything and all I know is the watch is square with blue or white stripes on the dial and has a date that desperately needs a diet to fit that window properly, but I'm sure other members will be able to give their opinion and we can put that doubt to rest.

Would you be so kind and post another picture OP?

It’s at the safe box at the moment, but I have a photo I hope it clears this miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 01:27 AM   #3
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw1 View Post
It’s at the safe box at the moment, but I have a photo I hope it clears this miss.

Now it's here for anyone to judge. Thank you and sorry for the trouble.
Old 2 August 2020, 01:36 AM   #4
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S`` View Post
Nice fake 5711... That purplish tint never existed in the real thing. Come on man...
Quote:
That branding PP plate on the 5711 isnt found on a 2013... Quit lying too
Do you stand by your comments? Pretty aggressive accusation that normaly leads to ban here.
Old 26 July 2020, 12:12 PM   #5
jschmidtdmd
"TRF" Member

It’s a three handed watch with no complications. Yes - I’ve owned it three or four times, but no- it’s not special at all. It’s also a scratch magnet. I’ll pass, as I now focus on quality over quantity.
Old 26 July 2020, 12:38 PM   #6
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I selfishly hope the Nautilus loses its luster/lustre so I can add the 5740 soon. It has been a mare the past few years. The watch game shouldn't be this way. I expect to walk into an AD to buy any watch at 20% discount, including the 5740.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 02:17 PM   #7
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
It's actually the other way around. We have a little bit of a pullback in March but from what I am hearing, prices are going back up again beyond pre-COVID prices.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 02:24 PM   #8
liljctl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
It's actually the other way around. We have a little bit of a pullback in March but from what I am hearing, prices are going back up again beyond pre-COVID prices.
I think this is true for Rolex.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
liljctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 05:39 PM   #9
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Uh... absolutely not. Pre-covid during peak Nautilus back in late 2019 getting a good condition 5711 at less than $70K took a little effort. Now getting one at $55K is easy peasy. Inflated C24 unworn listings:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AB1B433F-3B71-42A6-8DB2-509332ED0009.jpeg (124.2 KB, 1385 views)
IBDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 01:25 AM   #10
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBDOC View Post
Uh... absolutely not. Pre-covid during peak Nautilus back in late 2019 getting a good condition 5711 at less than $70K took a little effort. Now getting one at $55K is easy peasy. Inflated C24 unworn listings:
If you or anyone wants to sell me an Unworn 5711 @$55k today PM me. I‘ll wire on arrival, easy peasy.

Regular joes are blowing unemployment $$$ on any and everything sub $5k.
“Rich” guys are blowing cash for big boy toys since PPP money came along.
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 01:27 AM   #11
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post
If you or anyone wants to sell me an Unworn 5711 @$55k today PM me. I‘ll wire on arrival, easy peasy.

What is happening too is the USD is dropping and Asia is mopping up. Nautilus prices are climbing.
Old 2 August 2020, 01:48 AM   #12
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Duplicate

Last edited by IBDOC; 2 August 2020 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: Duplicate
Old 2 August 2020, 02:02 AM   #13
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTee View Post

Strawman? I wrote ”good condition”, not ”unworn”. And erh, wire on arrival? You wish.

Here’s one that was the equivalent of $55K-ish at the time of writing* that’s gone unsold on the biggest Swedish watch forum for some time.

* As in before the covid situation sent the USD down the sh*tter.

https://klocksnack.se/threads/patek-...e-5711.132440/
Old 2 August 2020, 04:13 AM   #14
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Strawman? I wrote ”good condition”, not ”unworn”. And erh, wire on arrival? You wish.

Here’s one that was the equivalent of $55K-ish at the time of writing* that’s gone unsold on the biggest Swedish watch forum for some time.

* As in before the covid situation sent the USD down the sh*tter.

https://klocksnack.se/threads/patek-...e-5711.132440/
DeeTee (Dara) is a reputable watch dealer and has a store in Newport beach in Orange County. I've been there myself. He's good :)
Old 26 July 2020, 06:20 PM   #15
cmcm3
"TRF" Member

To the guys saying they think the Nautilus will NEVER be available for retail... it’s been possible to buy a Nautilus for retail with minimal wait time, or less than retail used, in the last decade. You seriously cannot imagine a situation where sufficient influencing factors combine to get us back to that? EVER??? Come on now... behave yourselves...
Old 26 July 2020, 06:33 PM   #16
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
To the guys saying they think the Nautilus will NEVER be available for retail... it’s been possible to buy a Nautilus for retail with minimal wait time, or less than retail used, in the last decade. You seriously cannot imagine a situation where sufficient influencing factors combine to get us back to that? EVER??? Come on now... behave yourselves...
But this time it’s different! (tm) no way but up up! 📈📈📈

- 1929, 1987, 1999, 2008, 2020
Old 26 July 2020, 07:33 PM   #17
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcm3 View Post
Given enough changing factors everything is possible. Around 2010-2014 we had tourbillon mania, now nobody cares. Dual tone watches were hot in the 1980s, then nothing and now 40 years later they are making a comeback (or so the watch companies want you to think).

In the end all comes to demand and supply. Supply is artificially constrained but given PP track record I do not see that changing - Stern made it be known they do not want to end up like AP.
Will demand continue to be there? I do not see social media craze going away, if anything people might move to other watches, but at the top of steel sport watches there is nothing else.
CastorKrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 01:43 AM   #18
gaeleus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorKrieg View Post
Given enough changing factors everything is possible. Around 2010-2014 we had tourbillon mania, now nobody cares. Dual tone watches were hot in the 1980s, then nothing and now 40 years later they are making a comeback (or so the watch companies want you to think).

In the end all comes to demand and supply. Supply is artificially constrained but given PP track record I do not see that changing - Stern made it be known they do not want to end up like AP.
Will demand continue to be there? I do not see social media craze going away, if anything people might move to other watches, but at the top of steel sport watches there is nothing else.
Unfortunately, they ended up being like AP. A one show pony. Non WIS people, the great majority, only want the sport PP. Very few want the "round / dress pieces".
gaeleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 03:48 AM   #19
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeleus View Post
Unfortunately, they ended up being like AP. A one show pony. Non WIS people, the great majority, only want the sport PP. Very few want the "round / dress pieces".
Sadly you are correct
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 06:40 PM   #20
Pim
Banned

If you guys gave me a dollar or every time people (falsely) predicted that prices would drop, I could buy myself a Nautilus by now :)
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 07:20 PM   #21
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
If you guys gave me a dollar or every time people (falsely) predicted that prices would drop, I could buy myself a Nautilus by now :)
It’s not like you accurately anticipated the meteoric price increase 17’-19’ either, so maybe get off that high horse. Some are simply pointing out that things change and that it’s generally not that easy to predict. Hence being cocksure about Nautilus being forever secure on the throne of hype is... misguided. History is full of once-hyped Patek that are all but forgotten nowadays. Remember when those 5100 Gondolos were the red hot dot-com bubble Nautilus equivalents?
Old 26 July 2020, 08:05 PM   #22
Pim
Banned

Quote:
so maybe get off that high horse.

1. don't try to be a though guy and curb your mouth mr. anonymous
2. I've been hearing this song time and time again. Same as the song about the Rolex Daytona. 30 years ago I refused to pay over list for a SS Daytona, listening to people telling me that prices would drop soon.... guess what, the never did.
3. I think that the whole discussion about the prices of these expensive toys is poisoning the hobby. Hell, even the mods on this forum agreed and closed threads like this for a while but they keep popping up.

A watch is an expensive toy, not an investment. I have been frustrated with the unavailability of some models as well but hoping that the prices will drop and starting thread nr. N* will not change anything.

Bookmark this discussion and all the other ones, come back in 6 months and let's do a retrospective. Much more interesting than this

chill out dude
Pim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 02:34 AM   #23
IBDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pim View Post
1. don't try to be a though guy and curb your mouth mr. anonymous
2. I've been hearing this song time and time again. Same as the song about the Rolex Daytona. 30 years ago I refused to pay over list for a SS Daytona, listening to people telling me that prices would drop soon.... guess what, the never did.
3. I think that the whole discussion about the prices of these expensive toys is poisoning the hobby. Hell, even the mods on this forum agreed and closed threads like this for a while but they keep popping up.

A watch is an expensive toy, not an investment. I have been frustrated with the unavailability of some models as well but hoping that the prices will drop and starting thread nr. N* will not change anything.

Bookmark this discussion and all the other ones, come back in 6 months and let's do a retrospective. Much more interesting than this

chill out dude
I bought a SS Daytona under list as recently as 2011. Around that time the 5711 was readily available with AD rebates and no waiting time. And no, don’t move the goalposts. I don’t purport to be able to predict the future nor do I believe a Nautilus will be available for under list in 6 months either, for that matter. But in 20 years? The over/under on the 5711 being a total dog like the 5100 isn’t that clear cut. That, and the fact that denying that possibility is asinine, are the only points I’m trying to make.
Old 27 July 2020, 03:03 AM   #24
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
I bought a SS Daytona under list as recently as 2011. Around that time the 5711 was readily available with AD rebates and no waiting time. And no, don’t move the goalposts. I don’t purport to be able to predict the future nor do I believe a Nautilus will be available for under list in 6 months either, for that matter. But in 20 years? The over/under on the 5711 being a total dog like the 5100 isn’t that clear cut. That, and the fact that denying that possibility is asinine, are the only points I’m trying to make.
I do not think denying the possibilities is asinine which is a harsh word where opinions are involved. The market on the 5711 is strong and should remain so for the foreseeable future given the low production. As someone else said, as soon as the star fades on it , it will be discontinued. Do you ever see the white 5711 tanking? I do not. SS most likely topped already, but it may re-visit that top this year or next given the special supply interruptions. But it is a safe bet if you were lucky to have one at retail. Selling below retail, used, not likely.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2020, 04:13 AM   #25
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Nice fake 5711... That purplish tint never existed in the real thing. Come on man...
Quote:
That branding PP plate on the 5711 isnt found on a 2013... Quit lying too
+1....^^^......

I did an investigation on the OP....

All I could say is this......

OP is trolling us.....lol.....

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2020, 11:24 AM   #26
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
+1....^^^......

always baffles me. like feeding their own lie or something.
pretty sure op's not the only member either (not referring to this thread)

but the thread is merited nonetheless
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2020, 11:01 AM   #27
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
+1....^^^......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoscoPico View Post
always baffles me. like feeding their own lie or something.
pretty sure op's not the only member either (not referring to this thread)

but the thread is merited nonetheless
Is the watch fake or not? That is a pretty serious accusation here so I'm just trying to understand what's going on.
Old 2 August 2020, 01:47 AM   #28
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
Quote:
Is the watch fake or not? That is a pretty serious accusation here so I'm just trying to understand what's going on.
i too am no expert and have no intention of ever calling out authenticity based on pictures.
but i am fully aware some members try to post pictures of high end fakes and pass them as authentic. that baffles me
people who try to sell them disgust me.
people wearing and enjoying fakes does not bother me in the least.

i don't know who nick is, but was he banned for posting up fakes, or accusing someone else of it ?
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2020, 05:09 AM   #29
SL BRABUS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Only Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Well there a lot of fishy thread on Patek Philippe discussion forum lately......

IMHO this is one of them.....

Just do a quick Thread / Thread Starter search on the OP.....

Member since 10-9-19 You could tell the OP is an amateur into the watch hobby by the history of the thread he start.....

Nothing wrong with it...... You have to start somewhere......

Some of my quick proof of evidence....

Notice pictures inconsistent....

Good pictures of OP watch that he own....... Just check out OP Thread Starter... OP seem to have a lot of detail pictures of the real watch that he own.....

Except for the 5711 and maybe Daytona 500..... Which IMHO is fake.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VS bad pictures of 5711.... Notice pictures of the 5711 always far away from the wrist shot and minutes hand always cover the date window....

VS bad pictures of 5711.... Notice pictures of the 5711 always far away from the wrist shot and minutes hand always cover the date window....

The more OP post about his 5711 the more he letting the cat out of the bag.....

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=753315

Fishy thread about him drop the 5711 3-4 feet face down on tile floor...^^^.....

I find it hard to believe no damage or dents or scratch whatsoever.....

Even drop a Rolex 3-4 feet face down on tile floor will do some kind of damage.....

Quote:
Hello fellow members
I am actually starting to think that the prices on these is actually pretty nuts, and I really don't think it's justified what so ever, this watch is so so over priced and after sometime with it I think people are crazy now a days paying 60-70k for this piece or any Nautilus for that matter.
What do you guys think? Do you think the Nautilus market will soften in the near future?
I think these will drop to 25-35k in the near future which is a fair price for this watch
All inputs are appreciated.
Thank you.
Quote:
Pretty much impossible.
I bought mine at the end of 2013 after 6 month from getting my name on the waiting list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
How many time you have it?
Quote:
I bought it in 2013

Letting cat out of the bag again.......

OP try to showoff that he smart and never buy over retail......

Again OP being a member of TRF since 10-9-19 and you could tell the OP is an amateur into the watch hobby by questions he posts about Rolex watch in general.......

I doubt he even know about the 5711 back in 2013.....

Since he own the 5711 for 7 years..... He recently post 3 bad pictures of the 5711...... He telling us he don't have any good pictures of the 5711 in his back up files photos.....

Then he telling us he couldn't take new pictures of the 5711 because is in the bank safe but promise he go to the bank safe to take some pictures of the 5711 that he own.......

Come on give me a break...... I don't buy it.......

Most likely he going to the gray dealer to take some good wrist shots photos of the 5711.......

Seriously their no point of asking him to post new pictures of the 5711......

This could have been a great topic discussion until he post a awful fake 5711......

"SL BRABUS" aka BenzWorld Undercover Moderator
SL BRABUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2020, 06:52 PM   #30
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

If the 5711 tanked in the secondary market to drop to retail or heading in that direction ... Patek, who I’m sure monitors forums and secondary grey market will just discontinue the 5711 and keep the mystique alive
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote