The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 4 August 2009, 07:24 AM   #361
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijen0311 View Post
I'm headed out to get a pedicure, post pics later!!
Aqua polish, no doubt!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 11:58 AM   #362
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Aqua polish, no doubt!
I have a black tie event and a wedding this week, so I had to be a little more normal...

(that's all I'm sharing for now...)

ijen0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 12:04 PM   #363
allanofcalifornia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a black tie event and a wedding this week, so I had to be a little more normal...

(that's all I'm sharing for now...)

Cute feet but this thread is turing into a feet fetish thread!! At least put a Rolex on your foot!!

Allan
allanofcalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 12:06 PM   #364
ijen0311
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanofcalifornia View Post
Cute feet but this thread is turing into a feet fetish thread!! At least put a Rolex on your foot!!

Allan
I actually posted one of those once... let me search...
ijen0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 01:41 PM   #365
andhedrew
"TRF" Member

Funny that I should come across this as I was just receiving a load of guilt from my wife (as I scarf down Cheetos and play on the computer) about my sedentary lifestyle. My wife is a fitness/health psycho who hasn't taken a nap in her life. She teaches aerobic kickboxing, body pump, and plyometrics at 5 am for a full class of other psychos. Anyway...I used to be in the Army (15 years ago) and was in pretty darn good shape for most of my adult life. Broke my neck a few years ago (literally) in a bad dirtbike crash. Have gotten a bit out of shape since then. Did a "body challenge" at the place my wife instructs just to shut her up recently. The results after 30 days are as follows:

Of course...I've gained it all back (and then some!) as I figure that being a nearly 40 father of 3 girls gives me the right to enjoy being sedentary. It also helps that I can still get up and run a sub 7 minute mile to my wifes never-ending chagrin!
andhedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 03:20 PM   #366
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Andy, those results - after one month - are striking. But I have a question - how can you possibly be sedentary with 3 daughters in the house? My three daughters ARE my fitness regimen, whether I like it or not!
Old 4 August 2009, 04:17 PM   #367
Omega_Precision
Banned

Watch: ing basketball
Quote:
Originally Posted by andhedrew View Post
Funny that I should come across this as I was just receiving a load of guilt from my wife (as I scarf down Cheetos and play on the computer) about my sedentary lifestyle. My wife is a fitness/health psycho who hasn't taken a nap in her life. She teaches aerobic kickboxing, body pump, and plyometrics at 5 am for a full class of other psychos. Anyway...I used to be in the Army (15 years ago) and was in pretty darn good shape for most of my adult life. Broke my neck a few years ago (literally) in a bad dirtbike crash. Have gotten a bit out of shape since then. Did a "body challenge" at the place my wife instructs just to shut her up recently. The results after 30 days are as follows:

Of course...I've gained it all back (and then some!) as I figure that being a nearly 40 father of 3 girls gives me the right to enjoy being sedentary. It also helps that I can still get up and run a sub 7 minute mile to my wifes never-ending chagrin!

What is your workout?

Lots of cardio ?
Omega_Precision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2009, 10:38 PM   #368
andhedrew
"TRF" Member

Thanks Lisa. Unfortunately, between work and grad school I don't have a lot of time to spend in activity with my girls (ages 4, 6, & 8). My wife is good about keeping them preoccupied so that I can study. What's funny is that we do not have television in our home so its not like I'm a couch potato. If it weren't for the internet I'd probably spend ALL of my time doing work and studying.

As for the workout... I basically spent an hour a day EVERY day doing aerobic kickboxing or body pump (light weights w/ lots of repetitions) classes. The place my wife instructs at has a body challenge that they do every couple of months and I joined just to prove to my wife I could do it. It was a combination of Zone diet (which isn't really a diet, but is base more on a balance of carbs, fats, and proteins), working out, and golf. Ok, so I rode in the cart during golf but it has to count for something right?

Yeah, I was the only guy in the aerobic kickboxing classes...but there are lots of benefits to that. Especially in a college town!
andhedrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2009, 02:31 AM   #369
train-time
"TRF" Member

Watch: All gone!
Quote:
I actually posted one of those once... let me search...

Yes you did... from a post a while back:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0040.jpg (67.6 KB, 171 views)
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2009, 05:30 AM   #370
KJacques
"TRF" Member

Watch: the skies
10 days of dancing to the band and other vacation behavior such as eating and drinking whatever crossed my path with little excercise beyond long walks on the beach have taken the toll. Today is a return to the gym, because it was time to pay the fiddler.

All in all, it feels good to return to my normal eating habits and exercise routines. I was surprised to see that I have lost a pound rather than gained anything which could also be a little muscle loss.

I've also come to the conclusion that after being in a rush of half naked humanity, that there are very few out there who find themselves embarassed to be seen in even the most revealing of bathing suits.

This, however, is not altogether a great thing for the rest of us. There are times when a little less visibility would be appreciated a whole lot more.
KJacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 01:34 AM   #371
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Rolex or two
Quote:

Lisa, this is one of the classiest, sexiest photos I've seen on TRF.

WOW!
Deep Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 02:13 AM   #372
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

I've definitely been away from this thread (and TRF) too long. My month of travel back to the US is over, and amazingly enough, I didn't gain any weight. I was not able to ride much, but did quite a lot of running.

As a recap, I started the year at about 180 lbs. I have a 100K mountain bike race in November, and decided since I'm turning 40 this year (already have), I should train for the race because I'm able to race in the masters category against people my own age, verses those pesky teenagers.

So, I joined a gym in April, and started running & riding (spinning bike) 6 days/week, and doing some light lifting, but mainly focusing on exercises that use my own body weight (push-ups, pull-ups, dips, and ab/core work). After six weeks of exercise, I can still do 15 pull-ups in one shot, which surprised me to say the least.

I have gone down two pant sizes (from 34 to 32), and dropped about 8 lbs. already (down to 172). My goal when traveling back to the US was to not lose all the gains I’ve made. I had about 3 weeks of vacation at the beach, and a week of work, so I knew my eating wouldn’t be that great, and my drinking would increase exponentially (both of which turned out to be true).

I managed to maintain where I was, although I did lose a little stamina on the bike since I didn’t ride most of the month. Now the focus is to try to drop another 7-8 lbs. before November, and get down to about 165. My doctor in the US thinks 165 is to bottom for me, as I would start eating away muscle in order to get any lower (her words, not mine). She thinks getting to 165 will be a stretch due to my build, but I’m going to try anyway.

I figure I need to basically stop all lifting after mid-September, and focus exclusively on cardio, with probably 4 days of running & riding, and two more days of only riding (longer distances). I’ll get up at 4:30 and run before work, and ride after work. I typically run for 16-24 miles per week, and spend 6-10 hours per week riding. I’ll also continue the basic resistance exercises & core work, but stop all weight lifting (which is minimal anyway).

My eating habits are not bad, but they are not great. I love steak & red wine, so that will not go anywhere, but the tortillas & fried anything will be nixed (which is hard to do here in Mexico).

Anyway, Lisa’s & Kevin’s pictures have shamed me into posting the only one I have of me recently. This was taken at the beach last month (I love Hilton Head Island...no people!!!), while tossing the Frisbee w/ wife. Usually I’m holding the camera, so pictures of me are hard to come by. You can’t see much, but I hope to improve on what you do see.

Go easy on me, folks! (oh, and that's a green Sub on my wrist...can't you tell?)

Old 12 August 2009, 02:33 AM   #373
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Martin, thanks for the compliment! Made my day! You're looking nicely toned yourself. As far as getting leaner, up to a point it's probably good for your heart to be on the thin side.
Old 12 August 2009, 06:36 AM   #374
KJacques
"TRF" Member

You're looking great, Martin. The only advise I'd offer is not to get hung up on a particular weight goal, but a rough fat/lean muscle ratio. With your build, you probably wouldn't want to go down to 165 because that will come at the cost of your lean muscle tissue. Since you are training hard cardio wise and want to race, just continue training the way you need to for the race, eat what your body needs to reach that goal and your body will follow to best aid you in what you want to do. You might not hit the weight you'd like, but you will hit the optimal state for you body. Trust it, it knows what to do.

Hilton Head is a nice area, esp. if you like to golf. Unfortunately, I don't, but I love the island. I just got back from there but I must have been there during a peak time because it was packed with people everywhere I went. But with those nice long, hard packed sand beaches, you just keep walking until you run out of people.
Old 12 August 2009, 07:34 AM   #375
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Martin, *ahem* - very nice arms!
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 08:10 AM   #376
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Hilton Head is great for golf, and even though I have been playing since I was a kid, vacation for me is hanging on the beach w/ my wife & kids, and the other family that usually vacations with us.

We were right outside the Sea Pines entrance, so we were between the beach club in Sea Pines, and the hotels/condos near the public parking area when you come onto the island from the parkway. We have rented the same house for the last three years, and it is great because there is never anybody around us. Below is a picture looking south toward Sea Pines, on a Friday afternoon. About 15 minutes down the beach is the beach club in Sea pines, which has a relatively crowded beach (for HHI), but then nothing until you get closer to South Beach.

Re the weight, I am focused on getting down as far as possible, because on the bike, lighter is faster. I'm not about to get unhealthy about it, but if I can drop to 165 for the race, I'll probably come back up to about 170 and be very comfy. So far my endurance is proving to be where I need it, and will only improve as I focus on specific training for the race, and running will help me with the cross-training, and hopefully help prevent overuse injuries. I'm going to ease into the two-a-day workouts over the next month, and continue them up till about 3 weeks before the race, when I'll ramp down my mileage and let my body recover a little. We'll see in a few months how the strategy pays off.

Anyway, here's a picture of a nice, empty beach. I recall seeing a picture the other day that somebody posted of a beach in Sweden or Germany, or somewhere in the EU. It was a sea of people, and an ocean. Below is the kind of beach I like:

Old 12 August 2009, 08:15 AM   #377
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Thanks, Caroline! ya

Push-ups, pull-ups, dips, a few curls, and hauling around two kids will do wonders for you.
Old 12 August 2009, 09:53 AM   #378
KJacques
"TRF" Member

I love the shot of the beach and that looks like the ideal spot to hit. My Dad has a house in the other plantation area north of sea pines. It's walking distance to the sound, but a bit of a drive to the beach. I posted a collection of pictures from a recent visit there. I'm definitely starting to appreciate the area more and more each time I visit.

Hilton Head Pictures

There's one picture that shows the view from his patio overlooking the lagoon. A great place to have a drink and watch twilight fall. Now that I think about it, I might have left a porch fan on. I might have to drop back down to make sure I turned it off.
Old 12 August 2009, 09:57 AM   #379
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
Yes - what she said.
Old 12 August 2009, 10:28 AM   #380
Deep Sea
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJacques View Post
I love the shot of the beach and that looks like the ideal spot to hit. My Dad has a house in the other plantation area north of sea pines. It's walking distance to the sound, but a bit of a drive to the beach. I posted a collection of pictures from a recent visit there. I'm definitely starting to appreciate the area more and more each time I visit.

Hilton Head Pictures

There's one picture that shows the view from his patio overlooking the lagoon. A great place to have a drink and watch twilight fall. Now that I think about it, I might have left a porch fan on. I might have to drop back down to make sure I turned it off.
Great pics, Kevin. I wish I were back there now, instead of sitting in the middle of the desert in Mexico. I should have taken more photos while there, instead of sitting on the beach drinking rum drinks, making sure the kids didn't wander too far out to sea.

Maybe we can get a TRF GTG at HHI sometime next summer? Watches, beaches, drinks, and of course more beach.

Lisa, Caroline, Jen, what do you think?
Old 12 August 2009, 02:11 PM   #381
Lisa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Sea View Post
Great pics, Kevin. I wish I were back there now, instead of sitting in the middle of the desert in Mexico. I should have taken more photos while there, instead of sitting on the beach drinking rum drinks, making sure the kids didn't wander too far out to sea.

Maybe we can get a TRF GTG at HHI sometime next summer? Watches, beaches, drinks, and of course more beach.

Lisa, Caroline, Jen, what do you think?
Sounds like a great idea but I'd be embarrassed to wear my swimsuit!
Old 12 August 2009, 02:44 PM   #382
Carolina
"TRF" Member

Watch: it, Bubba!
Quote:

I've got a couple of extra burkas laying around...
.Member #5380
Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 02:48 PM   #383
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:

Lisa, don't feel bad... I'd feel embarassed to wear your bathing suit too...
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 03:21 PM   #384
allanofcalifornia
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Lisa, don't feel bad... I'd feel embarassed to wear your bathing suit too...
Come on Paul, try it on and show us the picture!!

Allan
allanofcalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 10:34 PM   #385
Lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT-II 16710 PEPSI
Lisa and Caroline, I bet you two look great in a bathing suit so please stop being self- conscious!!!
Now as for me I need to work on my stomach area for that is where this middle-aged man has fat. Otherwise I weigh 125 lbs.....

SS GMT-II 16710 PEPSI(Z-serial#)
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THE TOYS!!!
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Doue Silver Barley
MontBlanc Meisterstuck Solitaire Doue Signum
Proud Card Carrying Member of the Curmudgeons.....Yikes!!!
Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2009, 11:46 PM   #386
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion View Post
Lisa and Caroline, I bet you two look great in a bathing suit so please stop being self- conscious!!!
Now as for me I need to work on my stomach area for that is where this middle-aged man has fat. Otherwise I weigh 125 lbs.....
Don't we all Leo! Don't we all....

It's depressing... I actually attended college on an athletic grant (not a full ride scholarship, I wasn't good enough for one of those, but a lump sum every year if I played on the team), and I look back at those pictures of me....

Sigh......
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote