The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 July 2019, 01:08 PM   #1
cantdrive55
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hmmm…
Three for the Next Generation

My father died recently and left me some money. Without boring you with the details of why, I haven’t really been comfortable having the money from him, and didn’t really know what to do with it.

But then I had an idea. I decided to simply pay it forward and, with the help of my AD, bought watches for my two daughters and son-in-law - a 7200R for each of my daughters, because of their grace, elegance and classic style, and a 5167/1A-001 for my son-in-law of one year because - well - because he’s married to my daughter and loves her deeply.

I gave them their watches this past Sunday afternoon in the middle of the lake on our boat after having just finished wakesurfing. I told them they were from my dad - their grandfather - which is mostly true.

He didn’t know it at the time, but he really was “merely looking after it for the next generation.”
cantdrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote