The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 March 2018, 09:32 AM   #1
sport1000
"TRF" Member

New Member and first watch: 16013, 16014, or ?

Hi TRF Members,

My very first post and wanted to say hello and thank you for the vast amount of great information here. I’m finally at the point in my horological life where I’m ready to add a Rolex to my collection. I’m barely beginning to scratch the surface though on models, movements, history, etc. So many that I would love to own!

However, for my first purchase, I’m leaning towards a vintage(ish) model for a couple of reasons. Cost being one (although I realize certain vintages can command some serious money), and just partial to vintage (or vintage looking) watches in general. From the info I’ve gathered in the past few weeks, I think I’ve narrowed down my search to two models. The 16013 or 16014.

How I came up with them was as follows:

Must have acrylic crystal (just love the vintage vibe it gives)
Be 36mm case
Must hack
Have Fluted Bezel
Have Jubilee bracelet
Prefer black or blue dial

Still on the fence between two-tone and not two-tone though, hence the two models.

Please Let me know if there are other models I may have overlooked based on the above. And of course, if anyone is selling either, please hit me up!

Thanks in advance!!
sport1000 is offline   Reply With Quote