The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 January 2024, 05:00 AM   #1
Discgolfshopping
"TRF" Member

Same Dealer?

Hello I bought my wife a Rolex for her Christmas gift last year, 279135RBR PRES B'LET OLV GRN D

So I bought this in New Jersey, however I don't live anywhere near that State.

My friend said I should be using the same dealer over and over because you don't have to be on waitlists too long.

My question is however....I walked in and got the exact watch my wife was looking for. Is this how it always is and is my friend full of sh!? Or did my wife just want something that's not as popular?

Thanks.
Discgolfshopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 08:27 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Your friend has an opinion, nothing more.

I'm sure that other folks may have a differing opinion.
Old 3 January 2024, 09:41 AM   #3
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
walked in and got my wife a 37mm YM about two years ago, that purchase has meant nothing in terms of a relationship with that dealer who have offered nothing else, that said think we had been lucky to purchase with no wait and no regrets.

I'm sure if we kept buying stuff we didn't really want from them it would help down the road...
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 09:54 AM   #4
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
The watch you bought for your wife is an expensive jewel encrusted model that does not fly off the shelf. That dealer was more than happy to sell you that piece. I would think though that spending that much with them for a first purchase would curry some favor for you.
You don’t say if you’re now looking for something for yourself or other purchases but if you are I’d start by calling the sales associate you bought your wife’s from. And it kind of depends what you’re looking for. A steel Daytona, GMT, Skydweller, or Submariner might require some negotiating but Datejust or another PM(precious metal)model would probably come quickly.
If you have a more local dealer inquire there too, but what your friend said is generally true. It’s been hard the last few years to be a first time Rolex buyer but again very dependent on model.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 10:18 AM   #5
Discgolfshopping
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
A steel Daytona, GMT, Skydweller, or Submariner might require some negotiating but Datejust or another PM(precious metal)model would probably come quickly.
Are you referring to the oystersteel? I
Really want the GMT in yellow gold but with the oystersteel dial black n blue. Doesn’t seem like they allow you to do that.
Old 3 January 2024, 10:24 AM   #6
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
The problem is getting that exact watch from another dealer. Maybe they can order it, maybe they cannot. Who knows when it will come in. It was smart to buy where it was available.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 11:06 AM   #7
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Same Dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discgolfshopping View Post
I Really want the GMT in yellow gold but with the oystersteel dial black n blue. Doesn’t seem like they allow you to do that.
You can see all the dial options for the YG GMT on Rolex.com - like early Model T’s, you can have it in any color as long as it’s black.

Like Larry said, choosing ADs is a matter of opinion. The watch you bought last time - diamonds on lady DJ - can be found quite often.

But the YG GMT will take some hunting if you want it quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 11:20 AM   #8
Discgolfshopping
"TRF" Member

Yeah that’s the exact watch I want but with the dial as the black n blue :(

I sent in a request on a dealer near me and also emailed the original agent at the Switzerland watch place to see if he can ship it to me if I can buy it.
Old 3 January 2024, 12:09 PM   #9
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Yeah that’s the exact watch I want but with the dial as the black n blue :(

I sent in a request on a dealer near me and also emailed the original agent at the Switzerland watch place to see if he can ship it to me if I can buy it.

I think you may be using the wrong term. If you referring to the black and blue bezel on the watch above, it is not available with a yellow gold GMT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2024, 01:11 PM   #10
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Are you referring to the oystersteel? I
Really want the GMT in yellow gold but with the oystersteel dial black n blue. Doesn’t seem like they allow you to do that.
No you cannot “customize” your GMT. Yellow gold comes only as the picture posted above, Rose gold only one dial, white gold offers blue or meteorite dial. The bezel(if you’re referring to the blue/black on the stainless steel watch)is specific to different models and not interchangable.
The dealer you bought your wife’s watch at will also be happy to sell you a gold GMT although less likely they will have it in stock.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote