The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 October 2017, 02:57 PM   #91
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Bought mine from DavidSW, sold it.. regretted it and got one from Rolex AD in miami. It’s a keeper.

Those who say it’s too much green didn’t give it enough time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 03:12 PM   #92
cm10005
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Hulk Sub
IMG_5238.jpg
Finally Got the Pics to work thanks for the advice with the Size App
cm10005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 03:21 PM   #93
Zyfon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Panerai

Got mine over a year ago and have been loving it ever since. Prices have gone up quite a bit here in Thailand. Don't think I'll ever sell it though. Definitely a keeper.
Zyfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 03:30 PM   #94
Montybaber
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctaborda View Post
All I’m saying is this.

Dont wash alloys with candy floss??
Montybaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 03:45 PM   #95
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
There would be millions of LVs around. Especially over the last 7 or so years. Its never going to be a collectors item just way way too many if they every did stop it.

Makes no financial sense to do it.
Millions - where did you come up with that number? Hopefully it wasn't from some little birds!!!

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 03:47 PM   #96
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmoeck View Post
If you bought 4 bnib and put them in a safe for 2 years and made 6k each that's 24k on a 34k investment, I would say that's an incredible ROI. That's why we see the shortage and demand... cut the profit to 3k each and that's also a great return.
You could buy four BNIB with this plan in mind and get hit by a bus the next day. What happens to your plan then?

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 04:17 PM   #97
mahefa
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Millions - where did you come up with that number? Hopefully it wasn't from some little birds!!!
I wonder the number as well.

Rolex has made average of 650000 watches per year in last ten years. That is an rough estimate available. So lets say it is 6500000 watches. They have about 300 model variations which they produce. Hulk came out in 2010 Baselworld, so 7 years of production. 7 years make 4550000 watches. If allocation would be divided even, which it is not, to every model variation, there would be about 15000 LVc watches made, in 7 years.

Hard to get exact numbers, but just to play a bit to prove that there are not millions of LVc watches, not hundred thousands, not even tens of thousands propably.
♛Deepsea Blue -17 ♛ Deepsea Blue -19 ♛Deepsea Black ♛Explorer I ♛Explorer II ♛ Explorer 1 ♛GMT-Master II BLNR ♛ Sky-Dweller Blue ♛ Sky-Dweller Black ♛ AirKing ♛ Day-Date 40 Platinum ♛ Daytona C White ♛ Submariner LVc ♛ Two-Tone Submariner ♛ Day-Date 36 ♛ Datejust 41 grey ♛
mahefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 07:16 PM   #98
teo
"TRF" Member

Sea dweller ceramic 116600 is a better choice if one going to buy for investment. 3 years production likely less than 5000 pieces produced. It will be the first ceramic model to be discontinued in Rolex history.
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 07:21 PM   #99
loupe
"TRF" Member

Love mine
loupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 08:17 PM   #100
Haywood_Milton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Military issue Sub
There are many models produced in much smaller volumes than the best sellers, which renders such estimation as above problematic. Very few of the big gem-set models, for example, are sold in each territory every year.

I am confident that many more than 5,000 Sea-Dweller 4000 116600s were produced.

Haywood
*Comex:5513,5514,1665x2,16800x2,16600 *Mil sub:5517x2,5513x9,5512 *Submariner:6536/1x2,5508,5513 PCG u/line & double SWISS (America's Cup),5513 giltx2, 5513 m-firstx2,5513 gloss WGx2,1680 Red,1680 White Mk1 & Mk2 *Sea-Dweller:1665 DRSDx3,Great Whitex3 *GMT-Master:6542x2 (1 Bakelite),1675x8 (2 gilt), 16750 & SeaKing 116710LN *Explorer:1016x6 (1 gilt),5500x3,14270 Blackout, Orange 1655 x4 *Milgauss 1019x3 *Cosmo 6263 *RNCD DSSD 116660.
Haywood_Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 08:34 PM   #101
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJunkie View Post
I've been after this watch for a while now and living in ND not a lot of options to source one.

I've called numerous AD's with no luck. Today I spoke with a sales associate that said there were currently 4 people on their wait list but no one had put a down payment on it and if I did so I'd be moved to the top of the list.

I did just that and now the wait begins.
Why put your name on the AD list? You can get one tomorrow from a trusted reseller on this forum.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 08:42 PM   #102
motlking
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Why put your name on the AD list? You can get one tomorrow from a trusted reseller on this forum.
Because why overpay if he doesn't need it urgently?

Also some people value peace of mind, experience, service and relationship of buying direct from an AD.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
motlking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 11:07 PM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctaborda View Post
Bought mine from DavidSW, sold it.. regretted it and got one from Rolex AD in miami. It’s a keeper.

Those who say it’s too much green didn’t give it enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm10005 View Post
Attachment 895284
Finally Got the Pics to work thanks for the advice with the Size App
Quote:
Originally Posted by loupe View Post
Love mine
Good pics showing away from the brightly lit ADs the dial is quite dark and the bezel too. But I do love it in the sunshine too.

AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 11:35 PM   #104
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
My fav watch!
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 October 2017, 11:55 PM   #105
GolfJunkie
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
I've bought 3 watches from trusted sellers on this forum and I have no issues with it. I do have an issue paying over retail for something I don't "need" immediately. I recently bought a BLNR so am fine waiting for the LVc to come in. Plus it's my first time buying from an AD so I chose that route as a opposed to buying now through the forum.
GolfJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:19 AM   #106
c_robbs
"TRF" Member

Just got done posting on a different thread (a guy said the price of his hulk went up) about how it really is getting harder to obtain the hulk due to the shortage of the watches and the demand going through the roof.
c_robbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 12:27 AM   #107
behardt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If you bought 4 bnib and put them in a safe for 2 years and made 6k each that's 24k on a 34k investment, I would say that's an incredible ROI. That's why we see the shortage and demand... cut the profit to 3k each and that's also a great return.
I think it would be fairly risky, but might be some money there. MILLIONS of these watches were made. If the price went up that much, I'm guessing 70% of owners would be willing to part with them and the supply would rapidly eclipse the demand and used ones would be back to +/- $7K, new ones for retail. Generally, exclusivity is the key to long term growth in a watches value. My 2 cents.
Old 6 October 2017, 01:00 AM   #108
gregmoeck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by behardt View Post
I think it would be fairly risky, but might be some money there. MILLIONS of these watches were made. If the price went up that much, I'm guessing 70% of owners would be willing to part with them and the supply would rapidly eclipse the demand and used ones would be back to +/- $7K, new ones for retail. Generally, exclusivity is the key to long term growth in a watches value. My 2 cents.

Good point, I am talking new in box or new old stock, full stickers, never worn safe queens. Several people do hide watches away to resell later, the NOS prices go crazy. I know someone who only collects NOS, never wears them, never peels stickers, He actually wears a 200 dollar Seiko.
gregmoeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:10 AM   #109
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Man, I'd never buy a Rolex just because it may or may not be discontinued. I gotta love it on my wrist, and the green Sub-C never did anything for me.

It's not just that it's too green, because the dial is very cool. It's that bezel. In certain light it reminds me of light avocado green, which is not very appealing.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 01:11 AM   #110
behardt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good point, I am talking new in box or new old stock, full stickers, never worn safe queens. Several people do hide watches away to resell later, the NOS prices go crazy. I know someone who only collects NOS, never wears them, never peels stickers, He actually wears a 200 dollar Seiko.
Makes sense. Do this with a limited edition Patek, and now you're talking! (like someone could actually stick a limited edition Patek in a safe and not wear it... flawed logic for sure)
Old 6 October 2017, 02:02 AM   #111
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Millions? Eh. OK...

The LV was introduced in 2010 nd has been in production for 7 years. Sources on the forum claim Rolex produced in total less than one million watches and down to 750K per annum the last couple of years.

Taking into account the vast number of model in the Rolex line-up - and that this forum often consider DJ as the most selling model, there is no substantial evidence that there should be MILLIONS of LVc floating around.

Many, yes - but let's not go totally hyperbole.
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 02:43 AM   #112
behardt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
Millions? Eh. OK...

The LV was introduced in 2010 nd has been in production for 7 years. Sources on the forum claim Rolex produced in total less than one million watches and down to 750K per annum the last couple of years.

Taking into account the vast number of model in the Rolex line-up - and that this forum often consider DJ as the most selling model, there is no substantial evidence that there should be MILLIONS of LVc floating around.

Many, yes - but let's not go totally hyperbole.
I think you're right, probably only a few hundred thousand in reality.
Old 6 October 2017, 02:57 AM   #113
AndyWright
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
I can't see why they would stop producing a great seller...very hard to believe.
AndyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 02:58 AM   #114
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWright View Post
I can't see why they would stop producing a great seller...very hard to believe.

The same way they have stopped making previous models.

Plus, isn’t the hulk commemorative of X number of years of the sub?

The Kermit also lasted 7 yrs.

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:04 AM   #115
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by behardt View Post
I think you're right, probably only a few hundred thousand in reality.
I believe they only make 1 green for every 4 or 5 black, maybe more including the No Date, so number would be even less than that.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:44 AM   #116
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

So if volume of Rolex produced pr. annum is say 800.000 watches and 25% is SS submariners and the ratio is 1:5 for the green compared to the LN and the 114060 - that should indicate 40.000 LVc/annum. Over 7 years that's under 300.000 LVcs. Still many, though. But far from MILLIONS.
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:48 AM   #117
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Man, I'd never buy a Rolex just because it may or may not be discontinued. I gotta love it on my wrist, and the green Sub-C never did anything for me.

It's not just that it's too green, because the dial is very cool. It's that bezel. In certain light it reminds me of light avocado green, which is not very appealing.
Same here.

I've never liked the color green, but that dial can definitely look very nice.

The bezel however looks awful to my eyes.
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 03:58 AM   #118
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Just out of curiosity,.... How many of you have actually seen a LVc out in the wild on someone's wrist?? I would consider myself a advanced watch spotter with 25 years of Rolex spotting. I have yet to see a LVc out in the wild. The green is pretty easy to spot in a world of black watches and I am still zero for zero spotting a LVc either on vacation or in my home area. I thought my Bluesy was a rare watch to spot in the wild over the last 20 years but its almost common compared to the LVc.
Old 6 October 2017, 04:05 AM   #119
S-F
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Just out of curiosity,.... How many of you have actually seen a LVc out in the wild on someone's wrist?? I would consider myself a advanced watch spotter with 25 years of Rolex spotting. I have yet to see a LVc out in the wild. The green is pretty easy to spot in a world of black watches and I am still zero for zero spotting a LVc either on vacation or in my home area. I thought my Bluesy was a rare watch to spot in the wild over the last 20 years but its almost common compared to the LVc.
I've only seen one out in the wild. I've seen a ton of them in AD cases but I have no idea where they go after that.
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 October 2017, 04:10 AM   #120
yxc145
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD,JC, BLNR, Ex2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I have seen 3. One is my brother's. One is my friend's. One was worn by the auto shop owner where I took my car to.
yxc145 is offline   Reply With Quote