The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 August 2021, 04:14 AM   #1
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
"New to me" Spring Drive Incoming!

I've been interested in the spring drive technology since I first heard about it here on this board. I'm fascinated how Seiko/Grand Seiko was able to combine the old school mechanical watch technology with modern quarts precision. After countless YouTube videos and many articles read I determined I MUST have a spring drive in my collection.

After searching through all the amazing watches with incredible dials, the sports model, GMT's, chronos, 4 seasons heritage models the one I kept coming back to was the one that stated it all, the SBGA001/SBGA201.

I didn't have any silver or gold dialed watches. 41mm is my sweet spot for diameter. I already had a GMT and a chrono and probably a few more sports watches than I really need. After looking through all the heritage models it was that sometimes champagne / sometimes silver dial and simple three hands that really did it for me.

So after looking all over for pre-owned models I decided the SBGA001 was the one I wanted. Not only does it have everything I want, it was the very first GS spring drive movement for sale to the public (correct me if I'm wrong). Additionally I was able to source one at what I feel was a very good price from WatchBox. In fact it was Tim's as always great video of this exact watch that really had me hooked.

I present my new to me Grand Seiko SBGA001. When I called I found out this had gone through a complete service at Grand Seiko Japan just two months ago. This thing looks immaculate. If someone told me this was brand new never worn I'd believe them. Looks amazing. On to some photos and a link to Tim's video

Now I just have to suffer through the weekend because I can't get over to my AD to size it until Monday

samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote