The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 7 January 2020, 09:29 AM   #1
zen123
"TRF" Member

Visit to RSC Kent today

Further to an earlier post of mine about unsatisfying case polish by RSC on my recently serviced ref 116710LN GMT, I went to the service centre in Kent earlier today to get Pepsi bezel fitted to my ref 16710 Coke so I took along the LN to discuss the finishing with them.

I mentioned that I didn't like how they over rounded the edges and questioned whether the person over polished it. The technician basically said that it was standard finish and that they would do more or less the same to all 6 digit GMTs and there was nothing wrong with mine. He even brought out a Batman that had just been serviced and I have to say that even though the polishing was of a high standard, the edges were just like mine, a lot softer.

I also mentioned that the bezel was over polished to the extent that it was too smooth and difficult to grip which he didn't really agree to saying that that it could have already been quite worn down due to my watch age, it's a 2008 example. I told him that yes it wasn't super crispy sharp like when new but it definately wasn't in the condition when I received the was back from RSC. Anyway he offered to replace the bezel for the standard cost of the part which was £80 but to waive the £50 fitting fee.

By the way the Pepsi bezel was done while I waited and was a very reasonable £48.74, including me keeping the existing Coke bezel.
zen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:41 PM   #2
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Can you show a picture of the polishing?
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 11:58 PM   #3
zen123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolehex View Post
Can you show a picture of the polishing?
Unfortunately I had to leave my watch with them to fit the new bezel.

This is the link to the original thread with pictures https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=708271
Old 8 January 2020, 04:29 AM   #4
Wobbly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
Unfortunately I had to leave my watch with them to fit the new bezel.
That’s no more than a couple of minutes to fit a bezel on a 5 digit GMT
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2020, 05:17 AM   #5
zen123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
That’s no more than a couple of minutes to fit a bezel on a 5 digit GMT
It's the 6 digit that was left with them. Yes they fitted the Pepsi bezel onto my 5 digit while I waited.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Old 8 January 2020, 06:02 AM   #6
Seibei
Banned

Watch: 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
I also mentioned that the bezel was over polished to the extent that it was too smooth and difficult to grip which he didn't really agree to saying that that it could have already been quite worn down due to my watch age, it's a 2008 example. I told him that yes it wasn't super crispy sharp like when new but it definately wasn't in the condition when I received the was back from RSC. Anyway he offered to replace the bezel for the standard cost of the part which was £80 but to waive the £50 fitting fee.

By the way the Pepsi bezel was done while I waited and was a very reasonable £48.74, including me keeping the existing Coke bezel.
Saying that the bezel was over polished is a kind way of putting it. I think wrecked might describe it better. They should in my opinion replace it with a new one free of charge, but in your shoes I would take their offer and have it replaced for £80.

The case polish is what it is, up to you whether you think it is acceptable or not.
Seibei is offline   Reply With Quote