The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Announcements/feedback & support

Old 21 November 2009, 02:23 PM   #1
4_real2008
"TRF" Member

problem accessing this site

hi all tech savy,

I know that the site was down about a week ago and now it's up & running again but it is not like what it used to. what i mean is that i can only access the site for a short interval (about 30 minutes), then it's unaccessable again then it would be back on again, and off again and so forth and so forth.

any idea why this is happening? anything i can do for it not to happen?
4_real2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 02:46 PM   #2
snowbird
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 16600
There's a thread here somewhere on this, I think it said if you're still having issues it may be a sign your computer is infected?
snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 12:20 AM   #3
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

I am having problems.I have signed in now via phone but I am unable to connect from my pc at all just can't find server.I have been told by Scott that my ip address is clear and I have cleaned my history and cookies etc.I'm pissed right off as can't get back on from pc
Old 24 November 2009, 12:36 AM   #4
datejust1
Banned

Watch: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullyterrier View Post
I am having problems.I have signed in now via phone but I am unable to connect from my pc at all just can't find server.I have been told by Scott that my ip address is clear and I have cleaned my history and cookies etc.I'm pissed right off as can't get back on from pc
Same happened to me! I'm using a proxy... I still can't get in normally.
datejust1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 01:47 AM   #5
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by datejust1 View Post
Same happened to me! I'm using a proxy... I still can't get in normally.
That was a darn good Idea datejust... So I can now get back on using a proxy. There must be a reason for us not being able to get back on? Scott said there must be a problem my end, but everything checked out fine here.
And if we are being blocked, then the scum buzzards that caused the problems in the first place could get back on in the same way.
Old 24 November 2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
have you tried to dis-connect / re-connect your cable or DSL from your computer allowing your static ip to be (reset) this should free up your connection.
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 02:08 AM   #7
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl View Post
have you tried to dis-connect / re-connect your cable or DSL from your computer allowing your static ip to be (reset) this should free up your connection.
Yes I have tried this. I have had a guy around today that is a certified microsoft engineer trying to get it sorted. I have tried to connect by disconnecting and reconnecting the router, each time getting assigned a different IP address, and clearing cache etc between each go. And still no luck. We then tried with his Iphone and I got on the site. Then I read the idea of using a proxy, which works but is a pain in the rear.
Old 24 November 2009, 02:20 AM   #8
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Watch: 16610LV
Guys, please RECHECK your IP addresses, if you are on a dynamic system they will change from time to time... then PM me the addresses please. Both of your IP's are not listed in the firewall at all, which means it isnt (or shouldn't) be blocking you.
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 02:57 AM   #9
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
Guys, please RECHECK your IP addresses, if you are on a dynamic system they will change from time to time... then PM me the addresses please. Both of your IP's are not listed in the firewall at all, which means it isnt (or shouldn't) be blocking you.
Nik I have left a message with the currently assigned IP address, I have tried 5 different IP addresses but no good, but can connect via a proxy.
Old 24 November 2009, 03:25 AM   #10
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Quote:
Nik I have left a message with the currently assigned IP address, I have tried 5 different IP addresses but no good, but can connect via a proxy.
Please do this for me:

1. Launch a command prompt (Start > Run > Type CMD > Enter
2. In the command prompt type: tracert rolexforums.com
3. Once it finishes, right click the TITLE bar, select Mark > Select all > Right click title bar again > Edit > Copy
4. Paste the results in an email to me (or PM)
Old 24 November 2009, 03:54 AM   #11
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Please do this for me:

3. Once it finishes, right click the TITLE bar, select Mark > Select all > Right click title bar again > Edit > Copy
Yes Nik I have done this and sent you it via a message.
Old 24 November 2009, 05:25 AM   #12
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

I just thought that I would add, I phoned my mate again this evening and asked him to try and connect to TRF again (he is not a member) from his pc which is also in France. He was unable to connect either. He then tried via his iphone and he could connect, but when he tried connecting with his iphone via his wifi it would not connect. What is causing these problems? Is it the Internet service providers?
Old 24 November 2009, 06:48 AM   #13
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Quote:
I just thought that I would add, I phoned my mate again this evening and asked him to try and connect to TRF again (he is not a member) from his pc which is also in France. He was unable to connect either. He then tried via his iphone and he could connect, but when he tried connecting with his iphone via his wifi it would not connect. What is causing these problems? Is it the Internet service providers?
It very well could be, please set you DNS to: 208.67.222.222 and then give it a try, it could be bad DNS servers. Also try the address that I PM'd to you.
Old 24 November 2009, 07:02 AM   #14
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Yes Scott I am able to connect via the address you PM'd me! HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYYYY
Do I just use that to connect from now on? Why couldn't I get on normally?
I have been slow in responding as it has been difficult using the proxy with pop ups etc.
Old 24 November 2009, 07:30 AM   #15
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Quote:
Yes Scott I am able to connect via the address you PM'd me! HOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYYYY
I have been slow in responding as it has been difficult using the proxy with pop ups etc.
The DNS servers you are using (from your ISP) are BUNK! DNS turns the IP of this site (which I PM'd you) into a domain name (rolexforums.com). In your router, you can SET your own DNS servers. Please use these 2, they are from www.opendns.org and they are VERY good.

If you use the above dns servers, you can then access this site by www.rolexforums.com. Additionally, you should call your ISP and tell them that their DNS servers are shite.
Old 24 November 2009, 07:35 AM   #16
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The DNS servers you are using (from your ISP) are BUNK! DNS turns the IP of this site (which I PM'd you) into a domain name (rolexforums.com). In your router, you can SET your own DNS servers. Please use these 2, they are from www.opendns.org and they are VERY good.

If you use the above dns servers, you can then access this site by www.rolexforums.com. Additionally, you should call your ISP and tell them that their DNS servers are shite.
Many thanks Scott,
I have connected via the address you gave me and I will have a go tomorrow at changing the dns.
But why would it have changed since the scum buzzard attack on the site? Because I had no problems before.
Old 24 November 2009, 07:41 AM   #17
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Because I changed the ip address of trf at the start of the attacks, obviously your isp's dns servers do not update very often as I made this change some 10 days ago. I never use ISP dns servers for this reason.
Old 24 November 2009, 07:44 AM   #18
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Once again many thanks, I am back on!!!! I will have a look at changing the dns tomorrow, I had a quick look a min ago but I need a password, so I will need to try and find it in the morning.
Old 24 November 2009, 09:10 AM   #19
Bullyterrier
"TRF" Member

Scott,
I was unable to change the dns settings in my router, but I did a search and found if you change them in your pc it will over ride the router anyway., so I changed them and all is working fine.
Many thanks
Old 24 November 2009, 10:11 AM   #20
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Quote:
Scott,
I was unable to change the dns settings in my router, but I did a search and found if you change them in your pc it will over ride the router anyway., so I changed them and all is working fine.
Many thanks
No problem mate! I knew the server was not blocking you, I should have realized it was your DNS sooner... anyway, glad it is working now
Old 4 December 2009, 02:55 AM   #21
RJC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller
Quote:

Hi Scott,

I too cannot access the site via my Mac wi-fi and I don't really understand the DNS settings.

Could you possibly PM me the web address for access whilst I try and sort things out please?

Current - DSSD 116660 - Sea-Dweller 126600
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2009, 09:09 AM   #22
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Please do this for me:

I just pm'd you my information. I have also had trouble accessing TRF, only for short periods of time.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote