The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 January 2023, 05:29 AM   #1
fauxataraxia
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: yes please
Just picked up my first AP - 15300OR

Like many AP newbies, I've been waiting patiently to buy my first AP from the boutique closest to me (it's been 6 months since my very first visit; SA told me the wait is typically a year or more at that boutique; at least he didn't try to make me buy a Code ). I was also told that getting a precious metal Royal Oak - like the 15500OR - is highly unlikely as my first purchase.

Last week I came across a 15300OR on the secondary market. The price was right (glad to see that these prices are falling back down to earth). Since I wouldn't get a 15500OR from the boutique anytime soon, I convinced myself to pull the trigger on the 15300OR. It also helped that the 15300OR comes in at a manageable 39mm; I fear the 15500OR at 41mm may be too big for my wrist.

Anyway, I'm super happy with this pick up; looks WAY better in person on my wrist. This will keep me happy (that new watch dopamine tho) until I get that call from the boutique. Fingers crossed.

fauxataraxia is offline   Reply With Quote