The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 April 2023, 06:18 AM   #31
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevesbond View Post
Never feel forced so you did the right thing. But youd be surprised at what you may love on your wrist. I did not want a two tone sub…til i had it and now i actually love it. Makes me want the full gold sub. Subs are my favorite reference because of how versatile they wear and durable they are and while tt and gold add a jewelry flair to it, its eye catching and beautiful. I recommend for people to always take a gander and try on when possible
I do love the TT look and the one posted above with the black and gold is very good looking but I already have the Bluesey, so it was a no go with this one.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 06:24 AM   #32
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer1787 View Post
Get both! I could honestly be happy owning every single sub reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
I like this guy.
I second that! My only hesitation is I work with a guy (kind of a toolbag tbh) that has the black dial TT and he’s one of those people that only bought it because it’s a Rolex, and wanted a TT because he can’t afford a full YG one but wants to look like he’s successful. Total shallow status symbol piece for him could care less about anything related to the actual craftsmanship of the piece. For this reason I’d want a bluesy or maybe a full YG black dial so I didn’t have the exact same reference around the dealership. That said, if he didn’t have this one I’d love to rock a TT especially on the weekends.
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 06:29 AM   #33
tvandevelde
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
I second that! My only hesitation is I work with a guy (kind of a toolbag tbh) that has the black dial TT and he’s one of those people that only bought it because it’s a Rolex, and wanted a TT because he can’t afford a full YG one but wants to look like he’s successful. Total shallow status symbol piece for him could care less about anything related to the actual craftsmanship of the piece. For this reason I’d want a bluesy or maybe a full YG black dial so I didn’t have the exact same reference around the dealership. That said, if he didn’t have this one I’d love to rock a TT especially on the weekends.
I totally understand, but not all TT owners are toolbags. I could buy whatever I want, but TT dresses down as well as up. A toolbag to me wears a solid gold piece in a swimsuit, usually a Speedo. Let's be honest, there isn't double the price in gold in a solid gold watch!
tvandevelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 06:34 AM   #34
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
I totally understand. I have two people in my family (married) that only have Rolexes because they are Rolexes and people know they are expensive. I started down that path of thinking that I'd enjoy my Rolex less because I'd be lumped in with them when we were together. But I really don't care. I know why I have my watch. I don't really care what anyone else thinks.
Old 1 April 2023, 07:42 AM   #35
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
I could only tolerate 126613LB a few months before selling it. I am much happier with 126610 (Submariner DATE).

The issue is TT just makes you yearn for full PM. Oh, I wish I could wear a 126618LB all day. These are just Ramses-level of bling and I love them so dearly.

Exactly my thoughts. Years ago when I bought my TT models, 116613 and 116523 I sooooo wanted a 116618 and 116528 but couldnt so I settled. Now years later full PM is all I wear and the TT models havent seen sunlight in years

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipstar View Post
Now that one I might have jumped at the offer.
Yeah same here.

On a different note OP dont feel bad. I turned down a 116519 a few weeks ago. Wrong gold, wrong bracelet as in I dont want OF because I already own a Chocolate 515. If its not want you want pass. I couldnt see myself spending 34k on a watch thats not what I wanted
Old 1 April 2023, 07:54 AM   #36
Chaucer1787
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV

Nothing like the appreciation of craftsmanship in these watches. At +0.0 spd after 9 days. Love it.

Chaucer1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 08:11 AM   #37
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Finally got a call yesterday, but declined

Quote:

Nothing like the appreciation of craftsmanship in these watches. At +0.0 spd after 9 days. Love it.

Incredibly accurate. I'm at 90 days on my sub at 0.0

GMT is a bad ass one too
Old 1 April 2023, 08:17 AM   #38
tvandevelde
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Point? Relevance?
tvandevelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 08:24 AM   #39
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:

One of the MOST underrated and under appreciated Rolexes out there

Classic watch. Very elegant on you.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 09:07 AM   #40
dannyboy123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brich436 View Post
Oh man if they offered the Bluesy! That thing is rocking!

True dat. I scored one on Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BR1.jpg (76.5 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg BR3.jpg (137.5 KB, 265 views)
dannyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 09:19 AM   #41
Ruvv
Banned

Watch: 126710
You made the right call
Ruvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 10:19 AM   #42
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
I had put my name for a Sub in late 2021 or early 2022 with an AD I had no prior history. The AD finally reached out yesterday offering a black and gold Sub, which is not what I wanted so declined. I'm sure I wasn't the first or last called for this piece and given the uncertain economic climate, should I read anything into this as possible inventory coming through ADs or is this just a piece that is not really desired.

Good, buy only what you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 12:45 PM   #43
Ísafjörður
"TRF" Member

Some ADs almost treat two tones watches as a grudge purchase. having to ring around to offload them

There would be nothing worse than setting for TT and them saying that's your Rolex, no more because that's your allocation.
Ísafjörður is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2023, 01:01 PM   #44
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had put my name for a Sub in late 2021 or early 2022 with an AD I had no prior history. The AD finally reached out yesterday offering a black and gold Sub, which is not what I wanted so declined. I'm sure I wasn't the first or last called for this piece and given the uncertain economic climate, should I read anything into this as possible inventory coming through ADs or is this just a piece that is not really desired.
Good decision. You couldn’t have been the last person called, since you didn’t buy it. 😉
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 05:11 AM   #45
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Yeah, pass if you're not into it. TT is not for everyone. I personally love the blue TT Sub and went straight for it when announced. It's flashy so you've got to feel comfortable wearing it, like not giving a f*** about what people think.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2023, 01:40 PM   #46
Steverin06
Banned

Having seen on in person, I’d say it is an outstanding piece that is somehow underrated, however, you did the right thing to insist wait for what you have a always desired.
Steverin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2023, 03:52 PM   #47
jelmedia
Banned

You're good to go! it's always better to buy what you admire, something you would see every day and be happy you got it. unless you have to buy both with time.
jelmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 03:22 AM   #48
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
I do love the TT look and the one posted above with the black and gold is very good looking but I already have the Bluesey, so it was a no go with this one.
I can relate. Tried on the TT black Sub and TT SD43 last week at a local AD. I was wearing my Bluesy. Although they looked nice, something was missing. Maybe it's the fact it's yet again another black dial, or perhaps the gold and black combo is not my first choice. I'm not sure. They looked OK but not enough to make me want to buy one.

A stark contrast compared with the Bluesy which was a revelation to me. My jaw dropped the first time I saw that blue dial and how it combined with yellow gold.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 04:47 AM   #49
JTY_Canada
"TRF" Member

Good on ya for sticking to what you want. Nothing worse than owning a timepiece you won't enjoy.
JTY_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 04:57 AM   #50
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date 41
Quote:

What’s this app?
Nads786 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:04 AM   #51
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
Agree. I recently acquired a TT SD43, and it's STUNNING. Now I find myself wanting a full gold piece - like the new GMT. Just as well it's not available, I'd be thinking about which body part to donate to get it, LOL!
I'm right there with you. My TT SD43 has been my favorite watch for a solid 13 months now, and the new 18K GMT on Jubilee is a stunner. I've said my next and last Rolex will be a DD40, but I'm going to give the 18K GMT a serious look when the time comes.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:08 AM   #52
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

If TT is not what you want, don't settle and don't feel bad either as someone else will buy it (and watch the value drop).
Jawnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:08 AM   #53
Oystersteel92
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ísafjörður View Post
Some ADs almost treat two tones watches as a grudge purchase. having to ring around to offload them

There would be nothing worse than setting for TT and them saying that's your Rolex, no more because that's your allocation.
They were less popular for a long time, and people naturally want paradigms to go back to "normal."

I will say that I think the sport TT offerings really started to shine in the solid gold links, maxi dial, ceramic bezel era. They really, really POP compared to the old 5 digit TTs. All my opinion and worth very little.
Oystersteel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:29 AM   #54
Hulkhunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLRO
Being a first time customer the TT version is what you are likely to be offered. The steel one is usually something that will come after you have bought a couple of pieces. Not ideal but understandable way to do things.

If you can swing it financially, I’d recommend grabbing it next time and enjoying it. Then if the steel one comes you can decide what you are doing.
Hulkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 06:01 AM   #55
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
normal practice. Customer requests ss, ad offers tt.

You did the right thing. It would have been a "relationship builder", nothing more.
+1
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 07:17 AM   #56
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
I was offered a TT sub from the A.D. They had both and I chose the black dial.You buy what you like to wear and enjoy. Why worry about secondary market price.
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 08:49 AM   #57
faz
"TRF" Member

Watch: like'em all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrimontgomery View Post
I could only tolerate 126613LB a few months before selling it. I am much happier with 126610 (Submariner DATE).

The issue is TT just makes you yearn for full PM. Oh, I wish I could wear a 126618LB all day. These are just Ramses-level of bling and I love them so dearly.
It might make you yearn for a PM, but not me. I have owned my bluesy since 2007 and never wanted to go full PM on a sub. Day Date yes, but not a sub.

OP, if the watch is not for you, it is not for you, good that you passed on it. But the two tone black dial is a very nice (somewhat more formal) sub that is underappreciated.

Instagram @fazmoto
faz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 09:44 AM   #58
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

One of the MOST underrated and under appreciated Rolexes out there

Beautiful watch.
Old 18 April 2023, 09:48 AM   #59
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

All the ADs I know have lists miles long for TT Subs, black or blue. I do not see any offloading of these to people who did not specifically request them.
Old 18 April 2023, 09:51 AM   #60
phillyEagles
"TRF" Member

Watch: Two tone Sub

The TT Sub is a classic look for the discerning gentleman that wants to stand out from the crowd.

phillyEagles is offline   Reply With Quote