The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 11 January 2019, 03:22 AM   #1
Littletommy
2024 Pledge Member

New 2016 Sub?

Looking at a ‘new’ 2016 Sub on Chrono24. It’s a 11613. Can’t seem to grab the link to the listing on this iPhone but it’s titled as ‘Rolex Submariner 40mm Blue Dial Steel Yellow Gold Watch 16613 Unworn’ and is listed for 9150.00 from a private seller.

Looking for some comments whether good, bad, or indifferent!

Thanks!
Littletommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 05:01 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
It cannot be "new" if it is from a private seller.
Old 11 January 2019, 05:17 AM   #3
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
Looking at a ‘new’ 2016 Sub on Chrono24. It’s a 11613. Can’t seem to grab the link to the listing on this iPhone but it’s titled as ‘Rolex Submariner 40mm Blue Dial Steel Yellow Gold Watch 16613 Unworn’ and is listed for 9150.00 from a private seller.

Looking for some comments whether good, bad, or indifferent!

Thanks!
You must mean a reference 116613 TT Sub. This watch new MSRP is $13,400 USD. If being offered for only $9150.00, that is a red flag as the price is WAY below market price even for a pre-owned one. I would walk away and keep looking, but expect to pay much more than 9K.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 09:45 AM   #4
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Guessing this is it:
https://www.chrono24.com/rolex/rolex--id9680547.htm

To begin with, I'd proceed with caution on anything offered on C24 (especially from a random/unkown private seller).

That said, the watch looks fine from here. Although, it's a D-serial 16613 (closer to 2006, not 2016). So, it's certainly not "new" as Larry mentioned above. And, even though it appears to be in excellent condition, I'd question the "unworn" descriptor as well. It does appear to be in very good shape though, and the price is within current market range, IMO. Maybe even a tad high, but premiums can be justifiable to some given the "unworn" condition.

The only semi red-flag (other than being on C24 to begin with) is the fact that most of the ad verbiage and some of the pics appear to be taken from SwissWatchExpo here: https://www.swisswatchexpo.com/watch...3-unworn-20029

I say "semi" as he does have additional pics of the watch that are not from the original listing above (including shots of the hang tag with matching SN).
So, it's likely that the current seller purchased the watch from SWE and just "borrowed" some of the the original verbiage/pics for his own listing.

Personally, I'd only bother with it is if it's local and you (and/or your preferred qualified watchmaker) can put eyes/hands on it.
No way I'd even consider a sight-unseen purchase from some random seller on C24. YMMV...

freefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2019, 11:55 PM   #5
Littletommy
2024 Pledge Member

New 2016 Sub?

Many thanks for the replies!

I actually mis-stated the date. It's an unworn 2006 piece, not 2016. Guess I ham-fisted the 'smartphone'.

Anyway, I'm gonna take a pass on this one.
Littletommy is online now   Reply With Quote