Old 7 January 2019, 03:22 AM   #1
Nucengineer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Navitmer 1 B01
Breitling Repair Center Wilton CT

Per the service center:
Condition of the watch upon receipt
Crystal Antiglare Scratched, Bezel Scratched, Case Scratched, Crown Gasket Worn, Crown Scratched, Pushers Scratched, Movement Dry, Movement Low Amplitude
Total estimate $1035.

No worksheet and parts list with description of the work to be performed.
Let me assure you my Navitimer 01 is in near mint condition. Nothing like the watch described by their service center description above. I sent it in because it stopped running. I declined their service. I don't know what is going on with Breitling these days, but this is unacceptable customer service from them. I have had them service my Breitlings in the past. This is the second time the Navitmer has had a problem with the power reserve.

In light of this situation, can anyone recommend a trusted service center or store to service my Navitimer?

Regards,

Jim
Nucengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 08:38 AM   #2
56scooter
"TRF" Member

The cost of a service for a Breitling B01 movement is approximately $750, if your watch is out of warranty, unfortunately, that is what it will cost. You do not state how old your watch is, but it could be going on ten years! Normal service is 5-7 years for the B01 movement. The description is Breitling service protecting themselves for all the hairline scratches that exist on a polished case. The estimate should have given you an option as to whether or not to have the optional services performed. You shouldn't have to have the crystal replace because it is not going to effect the running of the watch. The crown gasket is probably going to be required. You should know that it is going to be difficult to find someone willing to work on the B01 movement because Breitling will not sell anyone the parts necessary to work on the watches! If your local watchmaker says he can get the parts he is lying! Good Luck
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2019, 11:34 AM   #3
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56scooter View Post
The cost of a service for a Breitling B01 movement is approximately $750, if your watch is out of warranty, unfortunately, that is what it will cost. You do not state how old your watch is, but it could be going on ten years! Normal service is 5-7 years for the B01 movement. The description is Breitling service protecting themselves for all the hairline scratches that exist on a polished case. The estimate should have given you an option as to whether or not to have the optional services performed. You shouldn't have to have the crystal replace because it is not going to effect the running of the watch. The crown gasket is probably going to be required. You should know that it is going to be difficult to find someone willing to work on the B01 movement because Breitling will not sell anyone the parts necessary to work on the watches! If your local watchmaker says he can get the parts he is lying! Good Luck
Bingo!
Old 8 January 2019, 09:45 AM   #4
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yup. Clarify the optional stuff, the movement has to be serviced by BUSA
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2019, 11:18 PM   #5
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucengineer View Post
Per the service center:
Condition of the watch upon receipt
Crystal Antiglare Scratched, Bezel Scratched, Case Scratched, Crown Gasket Worn, Crown Scratched, Pushers Scratched, Movement Dry, Movement Low Amplitude
Total estimate $1035.

No worksheet and parts list with description of the work to be performed.
Let me assure you my Navitimer 01 is in near mint condition. Nothing like the watch described by their service center description above. I sent it in because it stopped running. I declined their service. I don't know what is going on with Breitling these days, but this is unacceptable customer service from them. I have had them service my Breitlings in the past. This is the second time the Navitmer has had a problem with the power reserve.

In light of this situation, can anyone recommend a trusted service center or store to service my Navitimer?

There is an AD here in Princeton NJ that can do the work. They do the work in house. They are an AD for Rolex, Tudor, breitling, etc.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2019, 11:42 PM   #6
Nucengineer
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: I received my Navitimer back from Breitling USA in Wilton, CT and I must Say, they did an outstanding job. It looks like new and is running very well. Carla and the whole Breitling service team are to be commended on a job well done.

Regards,

Jim
Old 26 February 2019, 07:08 AM   #7
56scooter
"TRF" Member

Glad to hear that you are happy with the outcome, I know a lot of people in the Wilton repair center and they do outstanding work. Serviced watches come back looking brand new! Enjoy the watch!
56scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2019, 02:15 AM   #8
Nucengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Glad to hear that you are happy with the outcome, I know a lot of people in the Wilton repair center and they do outstanding work. Serviced watches come back looking brand new! Enjoy the watch!
Thank you. Mine does look just like new. Very happy with their service.

Regards,

Jim