The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 July 2017, 10:55 PM   #1
NinoToronto
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
Thoughts on Breitling chrono 44 T-T

Hello everyone,

got my self all confused over here lol for the fun of it i went to go check out the Breitling section and must say i fell in love with the Chronomat 44 two tone. although im sort of cheating on my other promised lover of adding in another rolex. what are your thoughts on the chrono 44 t-t? dislike or like?.. they were offering me a discount

NinoToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2017, 03:14 AM   #2
rebel_1
"TRF" Member

I used to be a huge Breitling fan. Over the years I started looking at "higher end" watches, mainly because it seems that the cost of ownership (maintenance and what have you) is fairly consistent across the spectrum (of course PP and AP will cost around double of a Rolex). This lead me to the decision to focus more on watches that were worth the added cost of ownership vs the cost to replace. For example, my first mechanical nice watch was a Breitling SOS. Man I loved that watch. Cost me about $2,600 back in 2009. My issue was at $600 every 5 years or so for maintenance, it wouldn't take too long for the maintenance costs to exceed the value of the watch itself.

Also, while I have no issue with ETA movements, the whole date change thing kind of started putting me off. That's when I started really looking at Rolex and other brands and my collection took off like a rocket ship.