The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 2 April 2021, 09:35 PM   #361
akop
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124300 / 124060 /
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Arizona View Post
Since I got my Explorer a while back I have been more interested in the Air King. There was something about the look and the feel that I really liked in the smaller Rolex Watches.

Being from the military I was very inclined to wear larger watches. I think it is the Type A mentality that you get or the "I have a big watch therefore I am a stud" thinking.

At any rate I went ahead and got a great deal on an M Serial recently and pulled the trigger. I am very pleased.

Points to consider

1. Watch feels more solid than you would think and wears bigger. My wrist though is a smidge under 7 inches

2. I love the new style matte finish bracelet. To me that is a huge point and adds to the overall satisfaction. I think the Explorer 114270 would be a great candidate for this bracelet

3. Accuracy is +6 seconds in the past 5 days

4. Dial is very legible
If the white dial had mercedes hands,... I'd be all over it! Besides that, it's a beauty!!!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
akop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 10:06 PM   #362
Chris
"TRF" Member

My 1989 AK had it 1 month got my eye on a blue dial.20210309_182000.jpg
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2021, 10:10 PM   #363
Chris
"TRF" Member

My 1989 AK 20210309_182000.jpg
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2023, 12:51 PM   #364
elau1958
"TRF" Member

My first "expensive" watch was the Air King 14010 with white dial and Roman numeral just like the OP's. Bought it brand new from the AD in 1995 and it has been to all my major events in life. As recent as wearing it when my 15.5 year old Shih Tzu crossed the Rainbow Bridge holding her paw in my hand.

It was on my wrist everyday for ten years until my boss who is a watch enthusiast and turned me on to other brands. The AK sat in the box for quite some time but it somehow got back into my rotation and I have since renewed my love affair with it a few years back.

The more I wear my AK the more I appreciate it's simple yet elegant execution. 34mm although is considered small by today's standard but it always wear perfectly on my wrist. This is one watch I will never part even it is the least expensive watch in my safe.
elau1958 is offline   Reply With Quote