The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 25 January 2018, 02:57 PM   #481
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Smart!
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 01:05 AM   #482
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

ok looks like a down day today good for pickups
Mick8moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 04:59 AM   #483
SADDLE
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Been watching Village Farms... VFFIF...

Nice dip and rip from EMHTF this am.
SADDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 05:04 AM   #484
Amplifiednation
"TRF" Member

Big dip from Aphria. Helpfully it will come back even stronger. There is some skepticism online about its trading price. Just media tho I suppose...I believe strongly we are going to see some good growth.
Amplifiednation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 05:07 AM   #485
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
I think some of us are looking at this all wrong.

I get the temptation to check it all the time and look into the various aspects of these stocks.

However, I really think this is a slow burn. Regardless of the day to day drama, as long as these companies are not simply dummy companies, they will eventually explode into long term growth.

At lease that is my own uneducated theory. And I am sticking to it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 05:26 AM   #486
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

I picked up more Canopy, Aphria, and some Veritas.

Hoping we get a rebound tomorrow.
Old 26 January 2018, 05:51 AM   #487
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
bloodbath today

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 06:02 AM   #488
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Up
Down
Up
Down

These Cannabis stocks are going to do this. Wait until The Attorney General, FDC start talking again.. you guys aren't stupid. You know how speculative these are right now, especially in the U.S. 2018 and these will hopefully be a monster by December if not by mid summer
Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 06:14 AM   #489
glenn_herwig
"TRF" Member

Isn’t currency risk a factor hear? Should we be shorting FXC? (Canadian dollar etf)

Jaeger Le Coultre Grande Date 240.8.15

Instagram: @select.timepieces
glenn_herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 06:39 AM   #490
Amplifiednation
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I think some of us are looking at this all wrong.

I get the temptation to check it all the time and look into the various aspects of these stocks.

However, I really think this is a slow burn. Regardless of the day to day drama, as long as these companies are not simply dummy companies, they will eventually explode into long term growth.

At lease that is my own uneducated theory. And I am sticking to it.
I completely agree. It’s just so easy to check on my phone! One more thing to monitor during a few min of downtime
Old 26 January 2018, 06:46 AM   #491
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplifiednation View Post
I completely agree. It’s just so easy to check on my phone! One more thing to monitor during a few min of downtime
I check all day long. No joke, probably 10 times a day.

But no matter what I see, I am not adding, nor am I removing. 1 year. And then I will reevaluate.

I think this is going to be big. And I dont think the daily fluctuations mean anything for a long term bet. For those riding the swings, and taking profits, adding, subtracting etc....boy oh boy. Seems stressful.

Old 26 January 2018, 07:39 AM   #492
1st amg

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Ok, lost a Hulks worth today. Sorry guys, I am famous for buying up stock and the bloody thing tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 07:56 AM   #493
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

22nd Century Group.. shhhh!!

XXll
Old 26 January 2018, 08:02 AM   #494
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Ok, lost a Hulks worth today. Sorry guys, I am famous for buying up stock and the bloody thing tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep me in the loop on your buys, so I could do the opposite
Seriously though, I’m right there with you. Got into HYDDF very well, but the other positions hurt me today. Ultimately, I’m in it for the long haul, so not too terribly worried, but my Aphria position definitely made me cringe today several times over. Broke through support a couple times.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2018, 08:07 AM   #495
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

I'm down a Tudor for the month but I did more pickups today hoping for a rally tomorrow.
I think we can all agree it would be nice to close out January in the black.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 26 January 2018, 10:10 AM   #496
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

https://www.yahoo.com/news/54-lawmak...184358559.html

Old 26 January 2018, 10:22 AM   #497
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I check all day long. No joke, probably 10 times a day.

But no matter what I see, I am not adding, nor am I removing. 1 year. And then I will reevaluate.

I think this is going to be big. And I dont think the daily fluctuations mean anything for a long term bet. For those riding the swings, and taking profits, adding, subtracting etc....boy oh boy. Seems stressful.
Completely agree Seth. Long term. I am going to cut back how often I check it on my phone though.

Ok, maybe not.
Old 27 January 2018, 01:24 AM   #498
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

picked up Aurora on the drop this morning.
I can't help it I'm addicted to catching falling blades.

Looks like we're back to headed in the right direction
Old 27 January 2018, 02:20 AM   #499
Mr. Nice Watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnb...-cannabis.html

Thoughts?
Mr. Nice Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 03:35 AM   #500
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Watch View Post
Hedge funds have gotten crushed the last year or so. They know no more than anyone else.

Sure, they have a fundamentally sound theory. But everything is a risk. Once the US starts allowing the states to move forward on their own, these guys are the top and are going to crush it.

Yes. I’m speculating. But so are they.

And my guess, see link I posted above, is that it’s not a matter of “if”, but “when”.

Old 27 January 2018, 06:03 AM   #501
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Watch View Post
Simple. The guy’s name ought to be Bozo, not Bozza. Anybody who tries to short cannabis stocks has to be a complete moron, as if, his fund’s meager 8.3% total return during 2017 didn’t already confirm it, especially when even a monkey with a dart board could have made double digit alpha over his embarrassing returns. The last thing he should be trying to bet against is cannabis legalization.

A.) it is extraordinarily expensive to short Canadian Cannabis stocks and if he continues on with the trade, he will get buried by carrying costs, let alone the sharp pain of future rallies as the increasing momentum for global legalization continues.

B.) if he is dumb enough to short cannabis stocks now, we should welcome him to short them even further, because when they stop shorting at their max short exposure level, and the rally resumes on additional positive catalysts leading to the impending rec launch, and eventually the actual earnings will start flooding in late-Summer, his having to cover losing short positions will be further gasoline on the fire. If you thought these companies went Parabolic in Nov/Dec 2017, “you ain’t seen nothing yet”. Would not want to be his investors.

C.) even stating that Canopy’s business can be replicated for $150MM CAD is telling enough about his fundamental misunderstanding of the actual industry, and everything it takes to get licensed, build greenhouse space, hire expert cultivators, and succeed in efficient harvesting/processing/distribution. Just for comparison, a local medical marijuana cultivator/processor/dispensory has had to raise $18MM for about 12,000 sq ft of cultivation space and a single 3 customer window dispensory. Aphria alone will have 2.3MM sq ft of cultivation space up and harvesting by Jan 2019 at the latest.

Lastly, I bought another 7,500 shares of Aphria on weakness yesterday, and another 10,000 shares this morning, along with 50,000 Liberty Health Sciences (long-term bet on further U.S. state legalization), and another 10,000 Hydropothecary. I believe buying cannabis stocks at these levels will prove to be a good decision in the long-run, and if they ever weaken like this again, I will deploy more $$$ at these bargain prices. No fears here.

Can’t wait for the impending short squeeze!
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 08:46 AM   #502
bing240sx
"TRF" Member

dude, kudoos. i wish i had that kind of cash to deploy.

was at a conference today and saw canopy's open and thought... damn, that will bounce back hard. It came back 9% in a couple hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_herwig View Post
Isn’t currency risk a factor hear? Should we be shorting FXC? (Canadian dollar etf)
yes i think there is a risk for you gents if there is an currency conversion in the transaction. i dont know how the OTC works.

The CDN dollar is too high right now. It should be 10% lower imho.

It's a good time for me to be buying US bank stocks from Canada though.
bing240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 08:53 AM   #503
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
Some guy on CNBC said he created an ETF of 30 marijuana stocks (I don't know if Alphria is one) and there are like 26 states petitioning for medical MJ legalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcorliss View Post
Simple. The guy’s name ought to be Bozo, not Bozza. Anybody who tries to short cannabis stocks has to be a complete moron, as if, his fund’s meager 8.3% total return during 2017 didn’t already confirm it, especially when even a monkey with a dart board could have made double digit alpha over his embarrassing returns. The last thing he should be trying to bet against is cannabis legalization.

A.) it is extraordinarily expensive to short Canadian Cannabis stocks and if he continues on with the trade, he will get buried by carrying costs, let alone the sharp pain of future rallies as the increasing momentum for global legalization continues.

B.) if he is dumb enough to short cannabis stocks now, we should welcome him to short them even further, because when they stop shorting at their max short exposure level, and the rally resumes on additional positive catalysts leading to the impending rec launch, and eventually the actual earnings will start flooding in late-Summer, his having to cover losing short positions will be further gasoline on the fire. If you thought these companies went Parabolic in Nov/Dec 2017, “you ain’t seen nothing yet”. Would not want to be his investors.

C.) even stating that Canopy’s business can be replicated for $150MM CAD is telling enough about his fundamental misunderstanding of the actual industry, and everything it takes to get licensed, build greenhouse space, hire expert cultivators, and succeed in efficient harvesting/processing/distribution. Just for comparison, a local medical marijuana cultivator/processor/dispensory has had to raise $18MM for about 12,000 sq ft of cultivation space and a single 3 customer window dispensory. Aphria alone will have 2.3MM sq ft of cultivation space up and harvesting by Jan 2019 at the latest.

Lastly, I bought another 7,500 shares of Aphria on weakness yesterday, and another 10,000 shares this morning, along with 50,000 Liberty Health Sciences (long-term bet on further U.S. state legalization), and another 10,000 Hydropothecary. I believe buying cannabis stocks at these levels will prove to be a good decision in the long-run, and if they ever weaken like this again, I will deploy more $$$ at these bargain prices. No fears here.

Can’t wait for the impending short squeeze!
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2018, 09:23 AM   #504
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Officials estimate that between the two taxes that accompany cannabis sales in the state of Nevada locals and tourists will add nearly $120 million to the budget.

Nevada charges a 15% wholesale tax to cultivators, which goes to state schools. A separate 10% retail tax is put into the states special fund. The fund that the elected officials raid now and again.

Beyond taxes, the department of revenue says it has raised $6.5 million from license and application fees from businesses...

It's a relatively small population state so imagine what California will bring in. They'll be able to afford to give all the illegal immigrants a nice raise. Or they can fix the school system.
Old 27 January 2018, 10:16 PM   #505
Gaijin

Yes. It’s hard to find a negative media story or negative side to this final eventual step by step repeal of prohibition. It’s about time.

Money is going to talk here though. That’s the only way federally this gets legalized. Big pharma and private prisons are going to have to get outdone by “OMG look at this potential tax revenue source!” by cannabis. When this is shown by states and seen by the Feds they will have to get onboard. Plus 64% of the American public is in favor of legalization. Even more for medical cannabis use approval.

Cannabis is going to need big money lobbyists and PACs too.

Out with the old. In with the new but same old story

I commend all of you that are willing to bet on this. History is being written on this issue in our lifetimes.
Old 29 January 2018, 11:48 AM   #506
Gaijin

Colorado the first state to legalize recreational cannabis.

The numbers for 2017 are in.

Sales for 2017 were 1.49 billion dollars generating 247.4 million dollars in tax revenue. Cha-Ching. This is an 85% increase from 2014 the first year of the repeal in Colorado.

That’s one state folks. Imagine California’s revenue..

The cannabis train has left the station.
Old 30 January 2018, 01:01 AM   #507
Amplifiednation
"TRF" Member

https://www.weednewswire.com/2018/01...a-combination/

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ec-le-cannabis
Old 30 January 2018, 05:25 AM   #508
Mick8moses
"TRF" Member

Picked up more hydro (HYYDF) today on the drop.
Old 30 January 2018, 10:38 AM   #509
mcorliss
"TRF" Member

Very encouraging, especially for Hydropothecary. There will be a lot of negative vocal critics of cannabis legalization, but the trend is pretty clear. If we all can continue to stay abreast of the news events and stay committed to the sector, investment returns will be attractive over time. There is no doubt volatility will be fierce at certain points, but that will continue to provide opportunities to trade in and out at good levels. One thing is fairly certain, it won’t be straight up every single day, like in November/December. This is clearly a period of consolidation, in both trading prices, and in the number of companies. This a very healthy, despite being uncomfortable on occasion.
mcorliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2018, 02:29 AM   #510
Gaijin

The sector is taking a beating for the last few days.. any thoughts?