The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2024, 01:49 AM   #1
Eldukerman212
"TRF" Member

Rolex 114060 Authentication

Hi All-

I bought a 2018 114060 on the gray market but from a reputable dealer that does quite a bit of business. Came w box, papers and warranty card from JM Edwards (official AD in NC) and the serial number from the card matches the serial number on the inside of the case. The only thing it didn’t come with is the green tag. After seeing something on instagram of real vs fake and how accurate the fakes can be, I wanted to see if anyone here had any input before I consider taking it to get authenticated. The only concern I have (maybe it’s nothing) is where it says ‘ft’ as the F looks to be a different size than some pics online (although authentic pics vary w this - maybe it changes by year slightly?) and the spacing between the 300 and m. Let me know what you think - thanks!
Eldukerman212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 08:56 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
If you try to compare tiny font differences throughout the years, you will go crazy.

The dials are stamped with a rubber ink-filled tamp. These tamps only last so long before they need to be replaced and very seldom come out identically to the others each time.
Old 24 May 2024, 09:22 AM   #3
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
FWIW, here’s a 2018 Submariner (I think). I picked it up in Feb, so technically it could be a 2017 I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 10:47 AM   #4
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
I think you should just return the watch and buy an Apple Watch....

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2024, 11:06 AM   #5
aboutime
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldukerman212 View Post
Hi All-

I bought a 2018 114060 on the gray market but from a reputable dealer that does quite a bit of business. Came w box, papers and warranty card from JM Edwards (official AD in NC) and the serial number from the card matches the serial number on the inside of the case. The only thing it didn’t come with is the green tag. After seeing something on instagram of real vs fake and how accurate the fakes can be, I wanted to see if anyone here had any input before I consider taking it to get authenticated. The only concern I have (maybe it’s nothing) is where it says ‘ft’ as the F looks to be a different size than some pics online (although authentic pics vary w this - maybe it changes by year slightly?) and the spacing between the 300 and m. Let me know what you think - thanks!
Get it to an RSC and get it checked out. You’ll have complete piece of mind afterwards. Not sure if it’s the same worldwide but in Australia, RSC will do a pre service inspection which also authenticates the watch at no charge. You’ll otherwise be forever second guessing what you have.
aboutime is online now   Reply With Quote