The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 26 October 2020, 04:51 AM   #31
Speedbird-1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
Chinese and Japanese companies have traditionally been very good at copying products, so much so that the copy, became better made and ultimately, better than the original.
They don't always get it 'right' though...especially, on the outside!

eg, Infiniti - "Rolls", anyone? Not sure, I'd want to turn up at Ascot, in, THAT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg iu-1.jpeg (40.0 KB, 105 views)
Speedbird-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 04:55 AM   #32
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
I'm not too familiar with many "made in Mexico" products and wonder what quality ratings they have.

I know some US companies moved there, probably for environmental regulation reasons and cheap labor but not sure what their products are.
My comment should have referenced a time frame, my mistake! It was the later ‘60’s-‘70’s era when, let’s just say “inferior included”....Spewing toxics abound..
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 06:21 AM   #33
330ci
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreguetRolex View Post
You can buy a Italian Pinarello Cycle frame for USD$6500.00 or you can buy a CHINERELLO Frame for $1500.00... You see lots of them floating around forsale on the net..
Problem with most companies is the up charge though. Most of the “American” bike companies have their carbon frames produced in Asia now. You’re really only paying for American assembly and paint jobs at this point.

My single speed hardtail mountain bike retails for around $6,000 and I hand picked every component. And it’s all American made except the dropper which is from the U.K., the rims are French and the cables and cable housings tires and I believe the seat are Asian. It’s not that you can’t build a good bike in the US for a competitive cost. It’s just not as profitable as slapping a paint job with your logo on a frame with “custom” geo that’s nothing more than an alibaba bulk order.
330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 07:08 AM   #34
BreguetRolex
Banned

Watch: TIMEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ci View Post
Problem with most companies is the up charge though. Most of the “American” bike companies have their carbon frames produced in Asia now. You’re really only paying for American assembly and paint jobs at this point.

My single speed hardtail mountain bike retails for around $6,000 and I hand picked every component. And it’s all American made except the dropper which is from the U.K., the rims are French and the cables and cable housings tires and I believe the seat are Asian. It’s not that you can’t build a good bike in the US for a competitive cost. It’s just not as profitable as slapping a paint job with your logo on a frame with “
custom” geo that’s nothing more than an alibaba bulk order.
please share some pictures when you get it built please..
BreguetRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2020, 10:41 AM   #35
Greenp
"TRF" Member

Fortunately my toaster is 15 years old and no problems.(Breville) I think it's the manufacturer's fault that products don't last. They are responsible for designing and specifying components in their products.
BTW China has become too expensive for a lot of companies. They are using other SE Asian countries. For example, Arcteryx clothing use to be made in Canada then China and now Vietnam.
Greenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2020, 04:35 AM   #36
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Remember when Chinese junk meant one of these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird-1 View Post
They don't always get it 'right' though...especially, on the outside!

eg, Infiniti - "Rolls", anyone? Not sure, I'd want to turn up at Ascot, in, THAT!

I would take a Toyota Century over a RR any day of the week and show up anywhere proudly. Hell I’ll even drive it myself.

kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2020, 05:41 AM   #37
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
I would take a Toyota Century over a RR any day of the week and show up anywhere proudly. Hell I’ll even drive it myself.

I watched the video about the v12
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote