The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 September 2006, 05:24 AM   #1
Atomic

I'm totally bummed

With all the crappy weather we've had lately it seems as if summer ended about three weeks ago.

Yesterday I had some salt rubbed in that wound... my buyer's guide edition of Ski Canada Magazine arrived in the mail. While I love to ski, it's a bummer to get this when you should still be basking in mid-to-high 20C weather (or more).

C'est la vie, je suppose... pluc ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
Old 8 September 2006, 05:36 AM   #2
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
With all the crappy weather we've had lately it seems as if summer ended about three weeks ago.

Yesterday I had some salt rubbed in that wound... my buyer's guide edition of Ski Canada Magazine arrived in the mail. While I love to ski, it's a bummer to get this when you should still be basking in mid-to-high 20C weather (or more).

From the day we returned from Portugal we've seen nothing but rain and another record: most rainfall during August recorded in our history. It started during the descent on Amsterdam Airport. We left Lisbon with clear blue skies and 33C. We landed in a downpour with 13C! But…. after rain comes sunshine and predictions are sunshine and temperatures up to 24C the coming 4 days. So that I can work on my tan again.
Old 8 September 2006, 05:38 AM   #3
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwatch View Post
From the day we returned from Portugal we've seen nothing but rain and another record: most rainfall during August recorded in our history. It started during the descent on Amsterdam Airport. We left Lisbon with clear blue skies and 33C. We landed in a downpour with 13C! But…. after rain comes sunshine and predictions are sunshine and temperatures up to 24C the coming 4 days. So that I can work on my tan again.
We must be under the same weather influences here... the day we woke to leave PEI it was fog and rain... and that's the way it's been since we got home.

But we're finally sunny and 25 today... although I drove through pea-soup thick fog in to work this morning.
Old 8 September 2006, 05:45 AM   #4
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Our weather has been hot and dry since mid June.
Sounds like it should be great, but we have two major forest fires burning near here.
One is 6,500 hectares, the other over 2,200 hectares.
The smaller one, if you can call it that is getting near some cottages and a small town.
The smoke is unreal. I saw smoke 350 km from the fire zone last weekend.
Both are ZERO % contained. So rain would be a nice welcome. BUT with the first rain, usually come lightning strikes.

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2006, 06:49 AM   #5
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
We have had rain most the time since I came home but today was lovely and sunny, not too warm at 18 deg C max but nice.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2006, 06:51 AM   #6
Rodentman
Banned

Still hanging on to summer here, 83º F today but cooler weather for the weekend.
Rodentman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2006, 06:55 AM   #7
C.J.
"TRF" Member

We had the remnants of a tropical storm blow through last week, so we had nothing but rain for almost seven days straight. It did bring HUGE waves but with my back, I still can't surf Today is nice though, mid 70's and sunny
Old 8 September 2006, 09:11 AM   #8
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
It's getting the opposite down here...starting to get welcoming again!
But it's pretty much that all year round, I took this in July last year, pretty much the start of 'winter':

Sorry guys.....
Old 8 September 2006, 09:05 PM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Yes if I remember they blamed the July weather heat waves on global warming.Dont know what has happened in August and the beginning of September perhaps they lost the globe.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2006, 01:50 AM   #10
pensivedoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic View Post

Yeah, a buddy of mine got his wife's permission to hike with me tommorrow. Wanted to go in the Indian Peaks wilderness area, maybe do a couple summits, but forecast is calling for THUNDERSTORMS
pensivedoc is offline   Reply With Quote