The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 February 2018, 04:23 PM   #31
Speed
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
Look at the OP’s post count - he probably doesn’t know about greys.

At lot of guys who only buy a fine watch every few years go with ADs because that’s the only Rolex source they know of.
Understood. I was replying to Busy Timmy to explain just the point you made.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 04:30 PM   #32
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
UK are struggling from the ADs I’ve spoken to.

Large AD in a very large London shopping centre said they’ve not had one delivered since October and I’d be waiting two years. They seemed quite dismissive of me so maybe take that with a pinch of salt.

A smaller one I spoke to said on average they get 1-2 per month but could sell double figures a month based on current demand.
They are obtainable. I put my name down mid January with a small northern dealer for a sub date. They told me 6 months best case at the time. I got a call last week. Sadly I missed the 2 phone calls as j was away and it went to somebody else. I'm next in line though.

Unfortunately for many now you need a local postcode. Especially the smaller dealers.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 04:31 PM   #33
lisalisa
"TRF" Member

There is a ad near that had both date and non date. The date was discount to $8300 but I passed and waited for the hulk which I came in a few days later. This was last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lisalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 04:59 PM   #34
Gunbucker
"TRF" Member

The waitlist thing for SS SubC (both date and ND) started since late last year. One AD told me exactly that, put down dough to get on the waitlist with a take-it-or-leave-it tone.

I love Rolex sports watches, especially the Sub, but life's too short to jump through hoops. I chose to buy preowned instead.
Gunbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 05:06 PM   #35
scurfa
"TRF" Member

I put my name down in October and then in another local AD in November, the first one called in December with the sub date I asked for and the other AD called this month, I'm not sure about anywhere else in the world but both dealers told me I could not leave a deposit.
scurfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 05:24 PM   #36
daytonastl
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
I wasn't aware that was possible right now. Every "unworn" 116610LN I've seen from a TS recently has been listed above MSRP.
100% true.
daytonastl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 06:43 PM   #37
Galibier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
They are obtainable. I put my name down mid January with a small northern dealer for a sub date. They told me 6 months best case at the time. I got a call last week. Sadly I missed the 2 phone calls as j was away and it went to somebody else. I'm next in line though.

Unfortunately for many now you need a local postcode. Especially the smaller dealers.
I travelled 20 miles cross country to my geographically local AD yesterday and joined their list. They’re a small, non-franchised AD. They’ve had none in this year yet. I stressed they were my local AD which they were. They still asked if I was an existing customer.
Galibier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 07:46 PM   #38
wristmatic
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
saw one at the last 5 ad's i visited this month. shouldn't be hard to find
wristmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 09:49 PM   #39
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
Dear me oh my if you can’t find a SS sub date in the states you need help. It’s a SUB for goodness sake. Can we stop with these conversations about SS subs? We are perpetuating BS. It’s not a Daytona or skydweller. If you walk into an AD anytime soon and they have a good enough supply of other Rolex but no subby you should simply assume they’re holding one in the back for previous customers.
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 09:53 PM   #40
Brandon.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN 2018
I went with an AD because I prefer to buy local and also prefer the face to face. I’ve spent 100s of hours looking at options online. No offense to people that buy online but I’ll pay an extra grand for the service, experience, and relationship. If you’re buying a Rolex the extra money shouldn’t matter
Brandon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 10:00 PM   #41
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum and good luck! I think if you make a few calls to ADs you should be able to locate one.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 10:19 PM   #42
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop13 View Post
Dear me oh my if you can’t find a SS sub date in the states you need help. It’s a SUB for goodness sake. Can we stop with these conversations about SS subs? We are perpetuating BS. It’s not a Daytona or skydweller. If you walk into an AD anytime soon and they have a good enough supply of other Rolex but no subby you should simply assume they’re holding one in the back for previous customers.
You are correct
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 10:44 PM   #43
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
Quote:
Originally Posted by kode701 View Post
saw one at the last 5 ad's i visited this month. shouldn't be hard to find
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 10:50 PM   #44
jbenjamin1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
I am in the NYC area. Every AD I contacted in the past 2 weeks (about 5 AD's) have had at least one Sub Date and not spoken for. I could have got one Friday night as well but wanted and got an 114060 however.

At this point there is no advantage buying grey if you can source local because grey is going at a premium above MSRP currently.
jbenjamin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2018, 11:16 PM   #45
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenjamin1 View Post
I am in the NYC area. Every AD I contacted in the past 2 weeks (about 5 AD's) have had at least one Sub Date and not spoken for. I could have got one Friday night as well but wanted and got an 114060 however.

At this point there is no advantage buying grey if you can source local because grey is going at a premium above MSRP currently.
Sadly true. With that in my mind, I have a greater level of pleasure going to an AD. I have bought about five Rolexes from TS but when I buy my next one, if it's a currently produced model I may end up at an AD, we'll see.
This is what I did with my BLNR. TSs wanted over MSRP, there was no advantage then. The pleasure of shopping in pajamas and a receiving a watch in the mail while saving $2-3k was very rewarding. That thrill is now gone.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 02:43 AM   #46
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop13 View Post
If they're holding it in the back, that suggests limited supply. They don't do this with the Datejusts.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 February 2018, 03:28 AM   #47
cha0s73
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
They have 2 in stock at the Mayors here in Jacksonville fl.
cha0s73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2018, 04:06 AM   #48
Brandon.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN 2018
Came in 12 days after I wrote this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon. View Post
Just put down a deposit and am waiting on my Sub. The AD said it could be 3 weeks, could be 1 month, could be 4 months. Anyone else waiting or if you received one after waiting how long did it take? I live in Virginia FYI
Took less than 2 weeks
Brandon. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 02:38 AM   #49
Cclassics
"TRF" Member

well i guess i need to call around more-- im in vancouver- ive had various sub dates over the past 20 years and recently my last one was stolen--

the AD that i used to deal with all the salespeople have changed and they just lost their rolex account at the location i used to deal with montecristo downtown.

every dealer in BC has none- at least 4 or 5 people with deposits on a waiting list- i called alberta dealers and winnipeg and both have none as well- tried seattle- they had none-- was going to call the 2 in portland today--

so bizazrre you used to be able to walk in and buy a sub date-- i got 10% off the last one a few years ago new from the AD..

i may just have to wait- i have a hard time paying over msrp when ive had 5 subs already - a WG daytona and a few DSSD.
Cclassics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 03:34 AM   #50
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
I wasn't aware that was possible right now. Every "unworn" 116610LN I've seen from a TS recently has been listed above MSRP.
$9,500 for a Sub is excessive, IMO
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 03:35 AM   #51
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 04:14 AM   #52
JW1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-date
Seems like they're going for ~9,500 NIB on Chrono 24.
JW1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:21 AM   #53
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
Just arrived from Grand Cayman and all the businesses had the Submariner but without a calendar. Even they made a 10% discount and of course no tax.
Very true. I was in Cayman Islands on February 13 and they also offered it with a 10% discount. Panerai models too.
Do not buy but I had fun in a bar called Margaretville. I recommend it if you guys go.
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 09:28 AM   #54
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Trute. No pay more than 8550 plus tax , and that's because there is a shortage right now but it seems that you do not have to wait long according to the comments and there are even those who saw two in immediate delivery.
Old 18 April 2018, 09:32 AM   #55
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by busytimmy View Post
why would you buy one from an ad when you can get one cheaper and quicker from one of our forum sponsored sellers? This makes no sense to me.
official warranty for 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18 April 2018, 09:34 AM   #56
Aventura
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbucker View Post
the waitlist thing for ss subc (both date and nd) started since late last year. One ad told me exactly that, put down dough to get on the waitlist with a take-it-or-leave-it tone.

I love rolex sports watches, especially the sub, but life's too short to jump through hoops. I chose to buy preowned instead.
not in america. For sure.
Old 18 April 2018, 10:27 AM   #57
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Why would you buy one from an AD when you can get one cheaper and quicker from one of our forum sponsored sellers? This makes no sense to me.

TS prices are at msrp or higher for new ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:06 AM   #58
SackLVG
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cclassics View Post
well i guess i need to call around more-- im in vancouver- ive had various sub dates over the past 20 years and recently my last one was stolen--

the AD that i used to deal with all the salespeople have changed and they just lost their rolex account at the location i used to deal with montecristo downtown.

every dealer in BC has none- at least 4 or 5 people with deposits on a waiting list- i called alberta dealers and winnipeg and both have none as well- tried seattle- they had none-- was going to call the 2 in portland today--

so bizazrre you used to be able to walk in and buy a sub date-- i got 10% off the last one a few years ago new from the AD..

i may just have to wait- i have a hard time paying over msrp when ive had 5 subs already - a WG daytona and a few DSSD.
good luck. nothing in portland, maybe they got a shipment in I was there last week and both stores said they were getting pieces in. I told them to call me, but no phone call. They don't ship either so you would have to pick it up.
SackLVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 10:51 PM   #59
busytimmy
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
official warranty for 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The warranty is transferred to the new owner, so there’s zero difference there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
busytimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2018, 11:15 PM   #60
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Why would you buy one from an AD when you can get one cheaper and quicker from one of our forum sponsored sellers? This makes no sense to me.
Your post makes no sense to me... have you seen the prices for BNIB 116610LN trusted sellers are asking? Try to find one at list, most are well over.
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote