The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 February 2018, 08:36 AM   #31
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonStone View Post
Just out of curiosity, why not?
I should add a bit more to the comment. If they come out with a replacement in March then perhaps I could see it happening. As far as I know Rolex has pretty much always had a Pepsi in the lineup so it would be a sad day if that was no longer the case.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 8 February 2018, 08:36 AM   #32
anastasevp
"TRF" Member

Or maybe a steel one is coming soon? Who knows...

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk
anastasevp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:36 AM   #33
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Watch: Monaco
Based on context clues, the BLRO is the white gold Pepsi bezel GMT? Means nothing to me, personally, as I’d never buy a precious metal sports watch.

But if this means a Coke bezel steel model is coming, then my 16570 purchase is off. I’d rather put my money into that.

But it’s also unreliable hearsay, whisper down the lane stuff, so I doubt it’s even credible.
Raza_actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:40 AM   #34
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raza_actual View Post
the BLRO is the white gold Pepsi bezel GMT?
Yes.

Quote:
But it’s also unreliable hearsay, whisper down the lane stuff, so I doubt it’s even credible.
If I were a betting man, I'd say it's correct, per my explanation in post #23.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:47 AM   #35
iznoguud
"TRF" Member

Watch: Torn between a few
The SS I can understand due to the cost in doing the red cerachrome, but that's why there's the WG version!

It might, even, become quite limited but I do think that there's still market for the "Pepsi".
The same thing with the "Coke". Most probably We'll still see some comeback of a commemorative version or something like that and end up with a Gold version so that it's worth the investment.
iznoguud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:47 AM   #36
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
I'm patient enough to wait for Basel.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:50 AM   #37
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by japenney View Post
I should add a bit more to the comment. If they come out with a replacement in March then perhaps I could see it happening. As far as I know Rolex has pretty much always had a Pepsi in the lineup so it would be a sad day if that was no longer the case.
I can see that, and it would be too bad. My gut tells me there's substance to this rumor, but maybe there is something in the offing that will put the discontinuation into perspective.
Old 8 February 2018, 08:53 AM   #38
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Can you tell us what your AD was spot on about in the past? Would be interesting to know.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 08:56 AM   #39
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznoguud View Post
The SS I can understand due to the cost in doing the red cerachrome, but that's why there's the WG version!

It might, even, become quite limited but I do think that there's still market for the "Pepsi".
The same thing with the "Coke". Most probably We'll still see some comeback of a commemorative version or something like that and end up with a Gold version so that it's worth the investment.
One issue Rolex did have with the BLRO in SS was that it made the final selling price too high, in their opinion, so it was put on WG, however this last year has shown the market will more than bear higher than retail prices on certain models, so there is an argument now that this can be done. I still think a SS CokeC is more likely tho.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:01 AM   #40
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes.

If I were a betting man, I'd say it's correct, per my explanation in post #23.
It feels a bit like football transfer rumors, but if it keeps popping up, you might just be right.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:03 AM   #41
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensui View Post
JustTom hacked Op's account.
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:06 AM   #42
johnnyjazz
"TRF" Member

Yep, white gold but with a plexiglass bezel insert, modern take on the original.
johnnyjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:08 AM   #43
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
It feels a bit like football transfer rumors, but if it keeps popping up, you might just be right.
Granted, two reports aren't a whole lot to go on. To me, though, reports from ADs that they can no longer order a specific model as of the current time carry more weight than the general "this is what will happen in the future" rumor.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:10 AM   #44
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cht View Post
Just couldnt help yourself to add another "guess what i heard" threads to TRF?

Nope but thanks for playing. FWIW- This info came from the Rolex rep today who was on site at a large east coast AD with multiple locations. They were told to not accept or cancel(at other locations) as they would not be fulfilled and as of today no more BLRO. I already own one so he was not trying to sell me the last one in the case

Again take it with a grain of salt.
jonnyz1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:12 AM   #45
Shaky
"TRF" Member

I am inclined to believe this, purely on a gut feeling. Will be interesting to see where it leads if it does turn out to be true.

A SS cokeC would definitely have people chasing the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Imagine UK buyers faces when they find the pot and it’s only full of DJ models !!
Shaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:14 AM   #46
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Can you tell us what your AD was spot on about in the past? Would be interesting to know.
SD4K weeks before it was taken off the website. Same scenario , told not to take any more orders from customers. Same as today.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:17 AM   #47
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
SD4K weeks before it was taken off the website. Same scenario , told not to take any more orders from customers. Same as today.
Bingo.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:19 AM   #48
ejvette
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: me break clays..
Uhhuh

"The only difference between crazy and eccentric is the size of ones bank account" Anonymous

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
ejvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:22 AM   #49
Jimbogigolo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Daytona W&B
don't know about yall but I'm ready for a SS version, YAS!
Jimbogigolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:23 AM   #50
lee fowler
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbogigolo View Post
don't know about yall but I'm ready for a SS version, YAS!
Me too!!

Instagram: @lee1563
lee fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:24 AM   #51
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
For what it's worth, I believe it. Yours is the second report of this. Last year around this time, we began seeing recurring reports of the SD4K being discontinued and no longer available for order. At first the reports were met with skepticism, but it became such a common report that pretty soon it was accepted that the SD4K was most likely a goner, and a new anniversary edition was due to debut at Basel. It turned out, all that was correct.

I had a feeling that other report of the BLRO discontinuation might be the first of many. Yours just confirms that suspicion. It could end up being wrong, but at this point, I'm more inclined to think it's right.
Exactly. I am friends with several AD's and all of them have repeadtly said that the BLRO is a very slow mover. One of the slowest PM models from the outset. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. Why produce 38K watches that AD's have to buy and then don't move?. One AD I know with multiple locations said the 2 they had were sitting in their cases going on 2 years. There comes a time for any business, even Rolex, when you have to make decisions on cutting models in product lines that don't sell.

This is now confirmed from 2 AD's. I'm more inclined to believe it based on what I see in AD's cases, hearing it from the horses mouth only strengthens the story.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:26 AM   #52
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Exactly. I am friends with several AD's and all of them have repeadtly said that the BLRO is a very slow mover. One of the slowest PM models from the outset. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense. Why produce 38K watches that AD's have to buy and then don't move?. One AD I know with multiple locations said the 2 they had were sitting in their cases going on 2 years. There comes a time for any business, even Rolex, when you have to make decisions on cutting models in product lines that don't sell.

This is now confirmed from 2 AD's. I'm more inclined to believe it based on what I see in AD's cases, hearing it from the horses mouth only strengthens the story.
I believe it. See pm blro sitting in case of 2 local dc ad’s every time I visit.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:27 AM   #53
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:

I appreciate your information. Thanks for sharing.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:30 AM   #54
DHPSU
"TRF" Member

Every time I browse an AD I see them sitting there also. Can’t wait to see what Basel brings. Not that I’m in the market, just got a BLNR, but I am hoping nothing comes out that I may like more....doubt it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DHPSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:30 AM   #55
Raza_actual
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Granted, two reports aren't a whole lot to go on. To me, though, reports from ADs that they can no longer order a specific model as of the current time carry more weight than the general "this is what will happen in the future" rumor.
Starting to look more credible (based on posts after this one). I hope this means some new steel model. I really like the GMT, but the current steel models don’t do it for me.
Old 8 February 2018, 09:33 AM   #56
Juantxo
Banned

Quote:
a trusted source at an AD told me they heard directly from Rolex that as of today the BLRO has been officially retired.

Take it with a grain of salt but in years past, this source has had reliable info.

If true, RIP BLRO!

Now, the speculation begins as to whether this means SS Pepsi? OR simply that the red and blue is retired due to the constant rumors that the bezel is difficult to produce in numbers. Time will tell and don't shoot the messenger
Black and blue would be just as difficult to produce.
Juantxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:37 AM   #57
jonnyz1245
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantxo View Post
Black and blue would be just as difficult to produce.

Not sure about that as it is way above my technical expertise. Only going on what I have heard since 2014, which is the blue and red has been a challenge for them to consistently produce in numbers and the failure rate is high compared to other color combos. Search and you will find some posts from years past that talk about this
Old 8 February 2018, 09:41 AM   #58
Heynow1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 42
Quote:
Not sure about that as it is way above my technical expertise. Only going on what I have heard since 2014, which is the blue and red has been a challenge for them to consistently produce in numbers and the failure rate is high compared to other color combos. Search and you will find some posts from years past that talk about this
Just a question about this. Seems to me that if they figured out how to do it, the hard part is done. What part of the production would still be difficult? Once you tool and die, don't you have a process in place?
Heynow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:42 AM   #59
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Not worth anything. There will be no public acknowledgement until after Basel.
Agreed.
It all depends upon their policy in this regard.
Rolex may hold the view that as long as there's potentially stock out here in dealers, it's a legitimate course of action to keep it on their website.
It's not like they are compelled to remove it within a short but undefined period of time after the last example of a model has the card swiped at point of sale.

Further.
History has repeatedly shown that Rolex don't necessarily update their website as a matter of very high priority.
As an example. Where on the website does it show all the dial options for the Skydweller?
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2018, 09:46 AM   #60
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
The source knows before Rolex?

No wonder he's trusted.