The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 25 February 2018, 04:36 PM   #121
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
OP said 'I am pretty frustrated right now, as I had planned on keeping this watch in as perfect condition as possible..'

I dont understand why having the stickers on is like perfect condition of a Rolex watch. 🤔🤔🤔
Old 25 February 2018, 04:49 PM   #122
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswanson View Post

I'm going to stop the story right here and ask, if you were in my position, what would you have done here? Would you have blown up? Would you have chalked it up to a misunderstanding and say oh well, they must come off sometime?

Right now, I'd like to hear how others would have handled this situation, and what your reaction would have been had you been in my shoes.

If I had asked them to leave them on, but they removed them, I would have been annoyed for sure. But only because when I get a new watch, I prefer to size myself, remove stickers, and wash before I wear it.

I would not have blown up.

When I first read your story, I honestly chucked and thought it sounded like karma. Someone who is making such a huge deal about stickers let someone else handle the watch and the stickers were removed in the process.

I don’t care what people do with their watches, but I would never under any circumstances wear a watch with stickers. That’s about the tackiest thing I can imagine.
Old 25 February 2018, 04:58 PM   #123
Ste_J
"TRF" Member

Just watch the news for 10 minutes and you'll see people with much more important things to worry about.

This takes "First World" problems to a whole new level.
Old 25 February 2018, 05:04 PM   #124
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Kids these days, am I right?

Don't even know what it's like walking 15 miles in the snow, up hill both ways to work. Too soft.
Or to have to lick the road clean with their tongues at 10.30 at night, half an hour before going to bed.
Old 25 February 2018, 05:33 PM   #125
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

another day, another sticker thread. I never even knew how big of a deal this was until Rolex made it policy to remove them. This is so weird to me.
Old 25 February 2018, 05:33 PM   #126
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
I would be very angry. Never wearing a watch with stickers but I do want to remove them myself when and where I like.
Especially after you emphasised keeping them on and they just bull headedly removed them ... Not worth a fight but I would have said a few words not to be repeated here.

Only reason why this happened imo is that the AD is trying to make flipping your watch more difficult. They don't like competition. Perfectly in line with latest AD tactics.
Unfortunately nothing you can do about it, but to avoid this AD in the future.
Old 25 February 2018, 06:14 PM   #127
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Factory stickers are a crucial, crucial, crucial factor in the value of a BNIB Rolex.

There are even degrees of shop wear to the stickers that can affect value.

But all of that left the station when the watch was sized. The BNIB status is no more and the valuation is hurt pretty dearly once that screw diver blade touches the pristine ROLEX screwhead in the bracelet.

What I can't figure out is why people take ROLEXI, they sourced elsewhere to an AD to remove links? Nothing ever good comes of it and the dramatic negative results become multipage threads on the forums...
Old 25 February 2018, 06:15 PM   #128
scooba
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Anything
My Son was mortified when the AD removed the stickers on his SS SkyDweller , so much so he went right off the watch , He leaves them on ,its a personal choice to him it was a big deal ,He bought a 116719 three years ago and that still has a few on it dog eared but he removes them at the time he wants ,

First World Problems maybe but each to there own
Old 25 February 2018, 06:26 PM   #129
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba View Post
My Son was mortified when the AD removed the stickers on his SS SkyDweller , so much so he went right off the watch , He leaves them on ,its a personal choice to him it was a big deal ,He bought a 116719 three years ago and that still has a few on it dog eared but he removes them at the time he wants ,

First World Problems maybe but each to there own
the other side of that argument is if the stickers stayed on he may not have even gotten the opportunity to get it in the first place. Dealers offer less money for watches without stickers and un stickered Sky dwellers are being offered in some cases below RRP for WF to buy them. So no stickers actually makes it a money losing proposition in the UK for a flip. Less being flipped, more actual buyers will get it since its less attractive for flippers to try to source all of them.

So in some way, its almost the argument of no stickers or no watch. Which is more important?... is a personal judgement of course.

The policy is working in that top dollar isnt possible in most cases on the secondary market for a stickered watch.
Old 25 February 2018, 06:59 PM   #130
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
He said it was a mistake, and that it was simply "habit". He was pretty embarrassed, so didn't want to pile on.

S
Quote:

Like I said above, it was a mistake by the tech who admitted to it. Not policy related.
Quote:

I asked why they did that after we had just agreed not to literally 5 minutes earlier, and the tech said it was an honest mistake, and he was so used to pulling them off he did it out of habit.
Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:00 PM   #131
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Clearly the staff made a fool out of you and lied to your face with the "i forgot and did it by habit". I would be so pissed and demand that they reimburse me in some way or swap the watch for a new one. Lot of people in this thread think that you were going to make an extra buck by flipping it but that doesn´t matter. It´s your watch and your choice. I see a lot of people storing BNIB watches for many years. Who am i to judge that?

When i bought my 116500 and my 116610LV i specifically asked the AD to size the watch but to leave the stickers on. Of course they respected my request. Anything else would be rude and unprofessional. I like to pull my own stickers and keep them and i don´t care what anybody else says.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:02 PM   #132
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Seems pretty straight forward to me.
Pulling the stickers takes it´s time. Do you mean to say that the staff magically forgot about his request a couple of seconds earlier despite pulling stickers for a few minutes?
Old 25 February 2018, 07:04 PM   #133
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed82 View Post
Clearly the staff made a fool out of you and lied to your face with the "i forgot and did it by habit". I would be so pissed and demand that they reimburse me in some way or swap the watch for a new one. Lot of people in this thread think that you were going to make an extra buck by flipping it but that doesn´t matter. It´s your watch and your choice. I see a lot of people storing BNIB watches for many years. Who am i to judge that?

When i bought my 116500 and my 116610LV i specifically asked the AD to size the watch but to leave the stickers on. Of course they respected my request. Anything else would be rude and unprofessional. I like to pull my own stickers and keep them and i don´t care what anybody else says.
A. He didn't buy the watch from them, so no way they would give him a new watch

B. Since its the policy going forward, your AD (unless you are close personal friends) will most likely remove the stickers as its not worth getting into trouble with Rolex if they find out they are violating policy. Patek also no longer allows sealed watches to leave the AD and no more brown shipping boxes. Double sealed is no longer OK with patek. Its the same thing.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:05 PM   #134
Heypacha
"TRF" Member

Watch: Great White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste_J View Post
Just watch the news for 10 minutes and you'll see people with much more important things to worry about.

This takes "First World" problems to a whole new level.
Leave Britney alone!

If you still have stickers on your watch, your Anil Arjandas bracelets can't scratch it.

I bought a BLNR two days ago and lend it to a friend to wear over the weekend. He's probably passed out in some underground dive bar. Come to think of it, I better call him to check if the watch is still on his wrist.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:06 PM   #135
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Pulling the stickers takes it´s time. Do you mean to say that the staff magically forgot about his request a couple of seconds earlier despite pulling stickers for a few minutes?
I don't mean anything as they were not my words.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:14 PM   #136
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
A. He didn't buy the watch from them, so no way they would give him a new watch

B. Since its the policy going forward, your AD (unless you are close personal friends) will most likely remove the stickers as its not worth getting into trouble with Rolex if they find out they are violating policy. Patek also no longer allows sealed watches to leave the AD and no more brown shipping boxes. Double sealed is no longer OK with patek. Its the same thing.
Doesn´t matter if he didn´t buy the watch there. The AD can still reimburse him however they see fit but since they are acting unprofessional already i doubt he will get anything.

We don´t have this policy in Europe but it doesn´t matter. Even if we had i could still remove my own stickers in the shop before sizing. The OP:s BLNR wasn´t even bought at the AD who pulled the stickers so why did they even bother pulling them?
Old 25 February 2018, 07:15 PM   #137
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Doesn´t matter if he didn´t buy the watch there. The AD can still reimburse him however they see fit but since they are acting unprofessional already i doubt he will get anything.

We don´t have this policy in Europe but it doesn´t matter. Even if we had i could still remove my own stickers in the shop before sizing. The OP:s BLNR wasn´t even bought at the AD who pulled the stickers so why did they even bother pulling them?
yes you do. Its policy. AD's can chose not to follow it, but its a big risk.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:16 PM   #138
MonBK
Banned

Quote:

Of course he won't get anything.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:17 PM   #139
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
yes you do. Its policy. AD's can chose not to follow it, but its a big risk.
Maybe it´s only policy in the US. I have bought several Rolex from different AD:s in the last year and none of them removed the stickers.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:19 PM   #140
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Should have bought a screwdriver for a couple of dollars and sized it yourself. A much safer option.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:19 PM   #141
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Of course he won't get anything.
It´s sad and bad for business but i guess AD:s can do pretty much anything they want in these times and get away with it.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:21 PM   #142
RHJ
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 214270 Mk1
Wearing the watch with stickers for selling it later as unworn? So it was karma loosing the stickers.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:21 PM   #143
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
It´s sad and bad for business but i guess AD:s can do pretty much anything they want in these times and get away with it.
They did what they were supposed to do: Size it and take the stickers off.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:23 PM   #144
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They did what they were supposed to do: Size it and take the stickers off.
The complied with his request to leave the stickers on. Read the initial post again. If their intention was to remove the stickers they should have informed him.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:25 PM   #145
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
The complied with his request to leave the stickers on. Read the initial post again. If their intention was to remove the stickers they should have informed him.
Well, they didn't, end of story.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:27 PM   #146
topfuel25
Banned

Op already left the shop...going back to make demands or negotiate will look bad on him. He should have settled it there and then.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:27 PM   #147
Zed82
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well, they didn't, end of story.
Thank you captain obvious.
Old 25 February 2018, 07:29 PM   #148
MonBK
Banned

Quote: