The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 March 2023, 11:17 PM   #1
sxdcfv911
"TRF" Member

59243g-010

Let's talk about this 2023 release specifically. First off, I think this is 'the green' of all green dials I have seen. I absolutely love it. The thickness does not bother me in the least as I wear a Lange Zeitwerk and have no issue with it. I like this iteration much better that the blue dial. This is on my 'short list' for sure.
sxdcfv911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 12:13 AM   #2
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

As long as you don't mind having to use a stylus to adjust the travel time, it's a good looking watch!
vandyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 12:20 AM   #3
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyologist View Post
As long as you don't mind having to use a stylus to adjust the travel time, it's a good looking watch!
I thought that is to adjust the date.

The travel time annual calendar from last year already just used the crown stem to adjust the other time zone

Edit: nvm… just realized there’s 2 in pushers…
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 12:27 AM   #4
Vasco
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
I thought that is to adjust the date.

The travel time annual calendar from last year already just used the crown stem to adjust the other time zone
In fact on the 5924 they have "enlarged correction push pieces" at 8 and 10 o'clock. I don't know if it allows switching with fingers or if it requires a pen or something. Not as practical but it's not the kind of adjustment you make everyday either.
Vasco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 03:46 AM   #5
sxdcfv911
"TRF" Member

I have no real need for dual time or a chrono- Just love that color, and overall aesthetic of this watch. I can see wearing it very frequently. I'll probably part with my 5524R (actually a really good piece, IMO) along with a couple other pieces to add this when it becomes available (probably going gray).
sxdcfv911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 08:10 AM   #6
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxdcfv911 View Post
I have no real need for dual time or a chrono- Just love that color, and overall aesthetic of this watch. I can see wearing it very frequently. I'll probably part with my 5524R (actually a really good piece, IMO) along with a couple other pieces to add this when it becomes available (probably going gray).
Does anybody really need a dual time? I think the best travel watch complication is one where you can move the hour hand with the crown pulled out a detent without stopping the movement once you are there.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote