The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 24 March 2023, 05:09 AM   #1
gestoecker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Possible Scammer: Harkovchan

Potential scammer dealing with user Harkovchan. I asked for a timestamped photo with my name and was provided with this clearly photoshopped image of the watch to set the time stamp. Personal details also do not seem to match up with the user's previous posts.
gestoecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 07:38 AM   #2
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Harkovchan is not banned, yet. His for sale post is still up.

You should return to the for sale post and click on the red triangle to the left of his post. This will alert the admin and moderators to investigate.
ZOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2023, 03:00 PM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Just happened to see this post and checked it out. Account was phished from Nigeria.
Old 29 March 2023, 02:31 PM   #4
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Just happened to see this post and checked it out. Account was phished from Nigeria.
How were you able to tell? When I was scammed at the beginning of February by that "Bet" guy, I also inquired with "Harkovchan" about his listing for his Hulk. I actually told him I would initially go with him but backed out at the last second, he seemed pretty miffed. So the harkovchan that posted listings over the last 2-3 months wasnt the same guy who used to post here back in 2017??
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2023, 04:54 PM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar10213245 View Post
How were you able to tell? When I was scammed at the beginning of February by that "Bet" guy, I also inquired with "Harkovchan" about his listing for his Hulk. I actually told him I would initially go with him but backed out at the last second, he seemed pretty miffed. So the harkovchan that posted listings over the last 2-3 months wasnt the same guy who used to post here back in 2017??
Yes, seems like the original Harkovchan account was stolen by the Nigerian when he sent a fake TRF link in a PM to the original account holder, who input his password and gave away access. Happens all the time and there are threads warning about it at the top of the main Rolex and Open discussion sections. The vast majority get reported by suspicious members and banned before they can scam anyone.
Old 29 March 2023, 11:14 PM   #6
omar10213245
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulkerino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Yes, seems like the original Harkovchan account was stolen by the Nigerian when he sent a fake TRF link in a PM to the original account holder, who input his password and gave away access. Happens all the time and there are threads warning about it at the top of the main Rolex and Open discussion sections. The vast majority get reported by suspicious members and banned before they can scam anyone.
wow, well then it sounds like i was gonna get scammed either way. in fact, "harkovchan" actually called me when i backed out on him, to essentially tell me how disappointed he was in me for not following through, trying to guilt-trip me and whatnot. lol, i knew something was fishy, the guy had somewhat of a foreign accent, but i couldn't place it, and after that call, i went back and looked at his posting history and i saw inconsistencies that didn't sit well with me. btw, his phone number he had called me from was 336-290-1856. he was going by the name of "daniel", with an email address of "harkovchan33@gmail.com"
omar10213245 is offline   Reply With Quote