The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 March 2023, 02:50 AM   #1
socalsean
"TRF" Member

Omega discounts

How likely are discounts for new Moonwatches or SMP 300's from ADs or boutiques?
socalsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 03:26 AM   #2
arcampado
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
In my experience, boutiques 0 discount. AD’s used to offer 10-20% (pre-COVID) but that ship has mostly sailed. If you buy online from secondary/grey market dealers, you can get some brand new references (with factory stickers) for almost 30% off. Just be aware in these circumstances you typically don’t get a factory warranty with the watch.
arcampado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 03:36 AM   #3
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcampado View Post
In my experience, boutiques 0 discount. AD’s used to offer 10-20% (pre-COVID) but that ship has mostly sailed. If you buy online from secondary/grey market dealers, you can get some brand new references (with factory stickers) for almost 30% off. Just be aware in these circumstances you typically don’t get a factory warranty with the watch.

Interestingly I can say from personal experience this lack of Omega papers has not affected my sales price when selling to TS on this forum. Quotes for planet ocean were the same with or without papers

I'd go joma and even better joma through eBay if you can get an eBay coupon. I landed a PO for under $4k one Father's Day sale and wore it a year before selling to our TS for $3,500.
Old 27 March 2023, 03:51 AM   #4
RustE
2024 Pledge Member

Omega discounts

Discounts from ADs are possible. There were a few offering 15% discount codes around the end of last year. Not sure what their margins look like after this year’s price increase.
RustE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 03:52 AM   #5
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Boutiques are less likely to offer you a discount than ADs.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 08:00 AM   #6
TheVision
"TRF" Member

10% in my area and 15% if prev history. That being said, look at Omega resellers on Reddit, etc..most source AD watches but offer 20% discount. And some are tax free if ordered from a out of state AD.

The only brand I pay retail is Rolex and thats it.
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 08:32 AM   #7
Guppydriver
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
10% in my area and 15% if prev history. That being said, look at Omega resellers on Reddit, etc..most source AD watches but offer 20% discount. And some are tax free if ordered from a out of state AD.

The only brand I pay retail is Rolex and thats it.
What about Cartier?

I'm finding it hard to find discounts available on Santos and Tank models.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2023, 08:36 AM   #8
Guppydriver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
Discounts from ADs are possible. There were a few offering 15% discount codes around the end of last year. Not sure what their margins look like after this year’s price increase.

I agree that 15% should be possible on all but a few models. I was offered a discount (although only 10%) on a green SMP300 as a loyalty reward.

I've never bought an Omega from a boutique, but I know that experience is top notch, and many times they will throw in added accessories in lieu of discounting.
Old 27 March 2023, 09:16 AM   #9
sportsfan0704
"TRF" Member

I just called around for a moon watch. Best I found was 5600 USD for Hesalite and 6400 for sapphire sandwich from AD. Boutique = no discounts. You can get closer to 5200 on a moon watch from a secondary dealer on here ive seen.
sportsfan0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 12:26 PM   #10
15belowzero
"TRF" Member

15% on a SMP300 is the best I could get at an AD. Sounds like any more and they could get in trouble with Omega.
15belowzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 01:08 AM   #11
Cr_Zeek
"TRF" Member

Apparently you can get crazy discounts on Omegas if you are a US military veteran. Since almost every American has someone in their family who's a vet, I'd reach out if you have good relationship with them and save 30-40% that they have been rumored to save.

Good luck.
Cr_Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 03:55 AM   #12
Guppydriver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15belowzero View Post
15% on a SMP300 is the best I could get at an AD. Sounds like any more and they could get in trouble with Omega.
Complete hogwash...

It's easier for a sales rep to say, "If it were up to me I would, but Omega won't let me".

It's an AD's version of your Dad saying "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you".
Old 11 April 2023, 03:58 AM   #13
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

I got a sapphire sandwich 20% off duty free at an airport AD in April 2022 without any negotiation or prior history (I asked what the price was and that's what they immediately quoted). That was still around the height of the watch boom, so you can get discounts.
Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 12:19 AM   #14
RustE
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Maybe? I’ve heard of manufacturers auditing sales receipts to make sure retailers are following the rules. There was a rumor that Omega might shrink retailer margins with this year’s price adjustments too.
RustE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 02:18 AM   #15
Eagles4133
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 / 114060
Most likely about 15% from an AD, possibly more if you're in good with them. From a boutique? They may discount about 3% on a slow moving model, but nothing on hot models. They will however gift you some straps if you ask. Their NATOs are great and they are expensive, so receiving a free one is quite nice.
Eagles4133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 03:14 AM   #16
15belowzero
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Complete hogwash...

It's easier for a sales rep to say, "If it were up to me I would, but Omega won't let me".

It's an AD's version of your Dad saying "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you".

Possibly - but in Minnesota where there’s 3 of them - all competitors - it was the same story. One started at 13% and the other two it was quickly established that 15% was the ceiling but they’d throw in some Omega and other branded swag to sweeten the deal.

They know who they are competing against locally.
15belowzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 05:03 AM   #17
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
What about Cartier?

I'm finding it hard to find discounts available on Santos and Tank models.
I wasn't able to get a discount on Cartier. I have the Santos and Tank Must. Paid full pop for both
MichelleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2023, 06:54 AM   #18
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
Omega have increased their prices more rapidly than any other retailer as a percentage last few years. So as ever look secondary: is it justified? Nope. They need to be careful as I’ve said before on multiple platforms.

Are they as good as Rolex? Probably more or less but the heart wants what it wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 April 2023, 04:08 PM   #19
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddypeepa View Post
Omega have increased their prices more rapidly than any other retailer as a percentage last few years. So as ever look secondary: is it justified? Nope. They need to be careful as I’ve said before on multiple platforms.

Are they as good as Rolex? Probably more or less but the heart wants what it wants.

I agree with this. I was looking at their retails recently and it was eye popping.

Who pays full retail for Omega?
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 02:12 AM   #20
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I agree with this. I was looking at their retails recently and it was eye popping.

Who pays full retail for Omega?
5 years ago, people said the same thing about Rolex, AP, and Patek. Obviously won't happen with Omega but them raising prices is to be expected. Not like if they kept their prices the same, they would have a bunch more sales.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 05:42 AM   #21
SvenNikolai
"TRF" Member

Several years ago you could also get discounts at Rolex. There are already Omega models, even if there are only a few, on which there are no discounts. What I like about Omega is the innovative spirit to keep making the movements better. If I like a watch, such as the current Moonwatch, I would buy it even without discounts. And who knows what will happen in five or ten years?!
SvenNikolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2023, 07:19 AM   #22
Jm95809
"TRF" Member

I went to my omega ad no discounts per ad
Jm95809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2023, 03:58 PM   #23
duquephart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Snowflake
Quote:
Possibly - but in Minnesota where there’s 3 of them - all competitors - it was the same story. One started at 13% and the other two it was quickly established that 15% was the ceiling but they’d throw in some Omega and other branded swag to sweeten the deal.

They know who they are competing against locally.
Why buy locally when you can (easily) order from out of state and save the sales tax?
duquephart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2023, 06:06 AM   #24
mmbiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
the new 3861 Sapphire version is 30% more expensive than my 1863 Sapphire.... I think they have rooms for some discount....

Crazy price increase...
mmbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2023, 06:02 PM   #25
majidessa
"TRF" Member

I agree that Omega prices have increased alot but they remain a good value for the money, almost every SS model in seamaster line up is still cheaper than a Rolex Sub Date, including chrono's, GMTs, and Titanium ...etc. Even Richemont brands such as IWC, Panerai as well as Zenith are more expensive than most Omega models.

Omega movements are one of the best in their segment they are on par with Rolex, this goes the same with their case finishings and newer bracelets.

As long as Rolex keep increasing their prices Omega will do the same, Omega consider themselves a notch above other brands like Tudor / Breitling and their policy reflect that.

So no wonder discounts are much less now and I don't think they will come down any time soon..
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2023, 06:11 AM   #26
mr.president1
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX OMEGA
Picked up a speedmaster pro sapphire sandwich moonwatch for 10% discount last week. I spent like 30mins trying the watch on and taking the person’s time. It was a quiet day, and with both considered, at the end I said I’d buy, but I’d need at least 10%. She said we don’t do that, and I said, well I don’t do retail. Walked out with said discount and watch.

ROLEX & OMEGA
mr.president1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 12:24 PM   #27
TopSlice
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ36, P39
FYI I purchased yesterday new old stock Omega Professional Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005, it comes full stickers never on display with the big presentation box etc.
No discount, I saw on the shops computer system a clear comment of “no discount” possible on this model.
It was £4270 vs over £6000 for new model I believe.
I sensed discount was hard for omegas, maybe some models 5-10% max.

TopSlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2023, 06:32 AM   #28
jwcchen11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbiker View Post
the new 3861 Sapphire version is 30% more expensive than my 1863 Sapphire.... I think they have rooms for some discount....

Crazy price increase...
tbf, the new 3861 version is 30% better...
jwcchen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2023, 03:48 PM   #29
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
0% discount in boutique
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2023, 05:20 PM   #30
htc8p
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 ln
i was able to get less 15-20% on the planet ocean 8500 but now no more discounts only price increases
htc8p is offline   Reply With Quote